[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Developing a good aesthetics sense

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 18

File: ricky-martinez-jack3.jpg (1MB, 1920x2705px) Image search: [Google]
ricky-martinez-jack3.jpg
1MB, 1920x2705px
How do some artists make their works look pleasing even when they're only sketches or doodle?
People You Yoshinari, KJG, Krenz or even Vetyr.

Obviously they have good technical skills but some other artists are just as decent and they work harder on their pieces but their creation still look meh.

What make a piece aesthetically pleasing?
>>
Practice and confidence.
>>
>>2636452
there's a few rules that you can learn, sinix has a good video on appeal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vnFdYksnqo

and stephen silver covers good design fundamentals in his schoolism courses which i'd recommend wether you want a cartoon style or not, the stuff he teaches applies to everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEiaGGp5ddY

apart from that, as long as you focus on wanting to have aesthetically appealing art and surrounding yourself with art that is appealing, studying it and working out what it is that makes it successful, you should come out with an aesthetically appealing style
>>
>>2636452
>What make a piece aesthetically pleasing?
color, line, form, composition, etc.

the foundational aspects of all art
>>
>>2636508
>>2636452

This, senpai, my lines just look so much better after a year of practice, and I can only imagine how much better they'll get. They seem so much more confident in some sort of ineffable way and make even quick sketches look like someone who knows what they are doing.
>>
>>2636531
I'd love to see those lines of somebody that knows what they are doing... and then probably laugh till my sides melt.
>>
>>2636536
Then go laugh at Kim Jung Gi.
>>
>>2636452
Just do the opposite of everything in your OP image and you'll be golden.
>>
>>2636452
haha OP seriously? That guys "art" is the fucking most amateur, soulless shit in the world.
>>
>>2636452
>Yoshinari, KJG, Krenz or even Vetyr.
none of those people have good aesthetic sense. They're kitsch at best
>>
>>2636452
op is garbagee
>>
Ricky is a pussy-ass-bitch btw. Photobashes like a whore. Never had an original idea. And is a third rate artist.

Hi ricky
>>
>>2636986
that's putting it nicely.

Seriously. He needs to just fuck off already. No one likes anything he has ever done.
>>
>>2636966
I never said it's good.
It's an example of someone who spent years practicing and still can't make a pleasant looking picture, the opposite of the good artists I mentioned.
>>
>>2637091
why would you ask about making something that looks good and post a bad example without specifically saying "this isn't what I'm talking about, it's the opposite of what I want"

usually pic is related anon, that's all I'm sayin here.
>>
>>2636984

Who does then?
>>
Guys, this is just Irakli Nadar posting hate about Ricky Martinez again
because Ricky just slayed his ass with another video.
Stop cheating IRakli.
Nice piece or Ricky's btw, at least we know he's not painting over photos.
https://youtu.be/IewOpaLvKSw
>>
>>2636986
KEK this is obviously Irakli's little cock sucking Artcore fan girls.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 500x581px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 500x581px
Ricky posted a fake smudged photo on level up. Posted a fake process and people believed him. Got all these likes then posted a video on how he tricked everyone. Legend.
Irakli, we can see why you're angry.
>>
File: image.png (604KB, 866x658px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
604KB, 866x658px
>>2637262
People actually believed it.
https://youtu.be/IewOpaLvKSw
>>
>>2637263
Instead of streaming, Irakli and his fan girls post on ic.
I'm convinced this guy is truly a hack now.
>>
File: image.gif (415KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
415KB, 500x264px
Irakli's fan girls are probably trying to get him to stream as well.

"I...Why don't we post bad things about Ricky on ic instead guys?"
>>
>>2637284
Rofl
>>
Here's what I dont get about Ricky, beside his closet-homosexuality.

He wants to work in concept art, make shit for videogames or comics, and yet he rages a hate boner for Ikari. Why is he so jealous? Why does he act like an sjw art fag? Is he jealous of Ikari? I say he is. And this why Ricky is a stupid bitch.

Ikari has limited application. He cant do anything without someones photo. And he flocks to a certian kind of photos. The man is severly limited for the industry.

If Rickybitch is so jealous of that fame why not find photos that are different and do the same thing. Its not like Ikari is being original. He gets fame because of the subject, pretty girls. Ikari gets kudos for making them look weeb enough. That's it.

But oh no lil ricky got pee pee hurt! And he's got to cry on facebook or artstation or twitter or where ever. SJW bitch all the way.

People like what they like even if its stupid looking. Just look at who is liking it and you'll see why.

So this bitch ricky wants fans like that. Well then follow Ikari and beat him at his own game. Do what he does to photos or renders that are outside his comfortzone, show a wider application.

It's that easy, bitch.
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 657x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 657x500px
>>2637364
Irakli. Go. Pls.
>>
>>2637368
Hi ricky
>>
>>2637364
Irakli fans only follow him because they don't know what he's doing. They're all art noobs. That's why you're triggered. Because Ricky's exposing you. Someone should go and share these videos on all of Irakli's posts. I'm sure he'd have zero fans in no time.
>>
>>2637371
> create sock Facebook account. Post videos all over his shit.

Operation: Hack Exposure
>>
File: image.jpg (163KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163KB, 1920x1080px
Irakli's face when Ricky drops those videos.
>>
>>2637371
>Irakli fans only follow him because they don't know what he's doing.

Sure, and the subject has nothing to do with it. Ikari has posted WIP, people know the process, there are others that do the same exact thing.

you sound like a sjw art fag. get over yourself.
>>
>>2637398
Irakli. You do understand you are literally, the only person that would defend you on ic, right? We're not your stupid noob followers, you Georgian photo bashing faggot. And stop trying to act like you can't spell your name. Fuckstick.
>>
>>2637407
Explain this:

Why is it in spite lil ricky's video. Ikari is still a staff pick when posts at Artstation, still gets more like on facebook, and sells more videos on gumroad or patreon or whatever. And And in spite of all the videos that teach paintover for photography, which is where the technique comes from, in spite of all that Ikari stands out from the other "Cheaters"

Explain that bitch
>>
>>2637418
Not who you were talking to, but Irakli is a nobody. I have literally never heard of this guy outside of /ic/. I don't doubt that he gets a bunch of likes on facebook because lots of crap does, but anyone who has spent any amount of time doing digital painting themselves can instantly spot that he's just doing really shitty photo paintovers.
>>
>>2637424
>Irakli
Just googled this guy and his stuff looks like airbrushed photos with faces painted on
>>
>>2637418
Because all those sites condone garbage. Garbage like your smudged photos. And the only reason people still follow you is because they don't know you smudge photos. Not yet at least. Enjoy that gumroad petty money while you can.

> OPERATION: Hack Exposure, will commence soon.
>>
File: image.jpg (339KB, 1238x1635px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
339KB, 1238x1635px
>>2637437
https://youtu.be/AzvRBuEestI
>>
File: 1459740763874.jpg (27KB, 281x350px) Image search: [Google]
1459740763874.jpg
27KB, 281x350px
>>2637448
lol, for fuck's sakes. even a normie would have to be a retard to fall for that
>>
>>2637424
if he was a nobody then how do you know so much about his work.

cry moar
>>
>>2637444
this post is /ic/ in nutshell. hypocritical crybabies. you tell everyone theyre salty but the truth is you pussies are the saltiest
>>
File: ic.gif (1MB, 320x222px) Image search: [Google]
ic.gif
1MB, 320x222px
>>2637474
>>
>>2637480
stay salty
stay jelly
>>
File: 1471116943027.jpg (48KB, 446x604px) Image search: [Google]
1471116943027.jpg
48KB, 446x604px
Irakli's face when Ricky fucks his world up with a new video.

> PLS. HELP
>>
>>2637536
is riky suppose to be the kid with the sweater vest. It would make sense because how gay that looks and he is crying. I mean those are the two shining traits of lil ricky: gay and crying
>>
File: tumblr_o5wlu1FMfz1v09u9so1_500.jpg (19KB, 480x310px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5wlu1FMfz1v09u9so1_500.jpg
19KB, 480x310px
In all seriousness OP study graphic design.
study what makes certain ads appealing to look at.
Learn to see past the rendering and the anatomy towards simplicity, shapes, and colour.
>>
File: lolz.jpg (170KB, 462x545px) Image search: [Google]
lolz.jpg
170KB, 462x545px
Ricky. stop fucking Irakli in public. i don't think he can take much more.
>>
ricky is such a homo, like his fans.
do they all have a hate boner like ricky.
>>
>>2637407
Ricky and Draw or Die please fuck off. We know it's you.
>>
>>2637554

Except most graphic designers couldn't draw a appealing figure to save their life, so how about no.

appealing graphic design =/= appealing drawing
>>
I feel bad for irakli. he maneuvered himself into a situation where they outcome will most certainly be bad for him. and I doubt he did it with bad intentions.
anyway, there are enough real artists out there so one bad sheep wont bother me.
>>
>>2637586
>Draw or Die
who's that?
>>
>>2637598
How do you unintentionally paint over a photo, fake the process and call it your own?
>>
File: merc-wip lvl 3.jpg (257KB, 1458x2525px) Image search: [Google]
merc-wip lvl 3.jpg
257KB, 1458x2525px
>>2637606
It's called APPROPRIATION nigga.
Look it up.
>>
>>2637444
Operation HACK EXPOSURE

> where do I sign up?
>>
>>2637644
It's called being a fucking hack.
Get the fuck out of here with that shit Irakli.
What does Ricky's dick taste like?
Seems like he's going in there full swing. Your poor tonsils.
>>
>>2637668
>It's called being a fucking hack.
There's that /ic/ bitterness we all know and love
stay salty
>>
>>2637383
Kek
>>
File: 1335468733867.jpg (9KB, 247x200px) Image search: [Google]
1335468733867.jpg
9KB, 247x200px
>>2637664
facebook
>>
>>2637587
Not everyone on this board wants to draw lewd anime girls anon, between design and drawing there's more in common than you think.
>>
>>2637683
You can say whatever you want to say about ic but at least we are trying to improve the right way, rather then photobashing or smudging portraits. Isn't that embarrassing to you Irakli? That even ic has higher standards than you? You're a fucking joke.
>>
File: 2729805.jpg (508KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2729805.jpg
508KB, 1080x1080px
>>2637776
>the right way,
What's the right way
Oh do tell
>>
File: image.jpg (131KB, 910x910px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131KB, 910x910px
>>2637811
Anything that's doesn't involve cloning an image from a second monitor. Which involves zero art skill.
Like this garbage here
>>
File: image.png (917KB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
917KB, 2208x1242px
>>2637822
Looks like Ricky deciphered how Irakli does it in the video. This guy better cash in fast before he gets completely exposed. https://youtu.be/IewOpaLvKSw
>>
>>2637864
>This guy better cash in fast before he gets completely exposed.

the people who buy into his shit are not the kind of people you can convince of his fakery by showing them anything. they are dumb as fuck.

it's like trying to show a creationist that he is wrong and that evolution is scientific fact by using logic. simply cannot be done because they creationist suffers from basic lack of education and understanding of logical and scientific principles.

he will never be 'exposed'. the people that HAVE the understanding and ability to see through iraklis fakery have known about it since it started.
>>
>>2637961
>Jelly
>>
>>2637587
Reduce, reduce, reduce.

Abstract away the major details to focus on the design of the piece. Shit may be rendered to bejesus and sparkly af, but if the composition is fucked there'S no saving it.

Fuck I'm a fine arts dick, but I still use use design every fucking day at my easels.
>>
>>2636452
try squinting. it forces you to take in the whole field of vision as one and somehow that triggers your brain to interpret the information in a more aesthetic mode. I don't know why, but it does.
>>
Well for starters you could've posted a better pic op
Can someone post a couple pics of good examples?
>>
>>2638430
That's right anon, post some of yours, show us what he means.
>>
>>2639002

lmfao stay salty ricky

maybe if you spent less time stirring shit you'd actually produce something worth admiration.
>>
>>2639019

It's Irakli anon. You know he's not posting his smudged photos on ic.
>>
>>2637263
That video is gold!
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.