[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need a critique on this

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: the ship.jpg (2MB, 1123x2130px) Image search: [Google]
the ship.jpg
2MB, 1123x2130px
This is oil painting, i tried to make it as traditional as i can, and as professional as possible, wat u think? what can i upgrade so this shit can sell better lol

PS: my shiet:
http://eduardaris.deviantart.com/gallery/
>>
>>2635438
>not anime
>not lewd
>not vidya

0/10
It's literally shit.
>>
its fuckin dope bruv
>>
>>2635449
stop projecting.
>>
>>2635438
Red-black thing on a deck (crew?) looks little strange to me.
>>
>>2635438
I love it. Is this Satan's ship?
>>
>>2635438
>what can i upgrade so this shit can sail better lol
FTFY (^:
>>
Post your shitty Aivazovsky copies in the draw thread and stop making these threads.
>>
it looks flat, kinda bland but chill, lighting makes no sense, translucency of the water feels nice, red makes you go hmmmm
>>
>>2635438
The ship's nose thing (is it a prow?) looks out of perspective. Some of that yellow rim lighting on the right side of the sail seems cartoonish.
Maybe glaze the sails to look a little uglier and sea-worn.

But I dig it. I wish we saw more oil painting in these threads.
>>
>>2635438
That water effect is some cool shit.
>>
For small paintings, for even for large paintings with small figures and the like, it's best to work with a smoother canvas, preferably actual wood panel. The paint will look richer in this way.

Also learn to glaze. Look at old master paintings, and and see how the light reflects on the glaze and notice the pattern. You will see places in which the glaze is applied thickly on the dark portions that it creates a ridge on the edge Of course, I don't know what you mean by traditional. It could mean any number of things these days.
>>
>>2635438
One thing that immediately comes to mind that you could have easily done to make it a million times better is being consistent with atmospheric perspective.
>>
You made this a year ago and posted it here before.

Do DA views really make you that hard?
>>
>>2635454
b-but anon! h-he was obviously being ironic!
>>
>>2635817
I asked how can i upgrade my work.
Why do you care when i made it? i don't understand your logic.
>>
>>2635492
LOL good one.
Nice bro.
>>
>>2635601
What you mean stop making these threads?
This is my first time bro.
>>
>>2635616
I understand, thanks for the feed back! bro.
>>
>>2635797
Thanks for the feed back! bro.
Ill learn how to make things better, in some time.

And i feel you, i really want to see more oil paintings here too.
Its just a matter of time. i believe.
>>
>>2635798
Thanks brah.
Its just the multi layer effect. "from dark to light"
>>
>>2635816
It's a tough one hehe. but ill try.
Thanks brah
>>
>>2635438
Learn to control your values more. Most everything in your galley is lacking strong darks or the darks that you do put in overpower the lights.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.