/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

References where?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

How do you guys find references for tricky and difficult angles?
Yes i know google exists but it sometimes just doesnt give me the result im looking for. Last time it took me like an hour to find a good reference for a 3dpd woman viewed in angle related to pic
>>
>>2634383
get a model or learn how to use modelling software.
>>
Learn your perspective, learn your anatomy. Congratulations, you now only need a reference on muscle structure, at most.
>>
>>2634474
>at most
get a load of this guy.
reminder to do not fall for the "no reference" meme
>>
I use daz3d a lot, but I usually use it because I end up changing the pose a bit so i need to know how an arm will look in a specific direction yada ya. It can be used for perspective too, it's free and you can easily find free models for it online.
>>
>>2634477

I never said you would eliminate the need reference, rather you won't have to scour the web for something specific.
>>
Does anyone have scans of any of the hyper angle series?
>>
>>2634477
>"no reference" meme
some people need references all their lives, others don't use them anymore once they get confident enough. stop overusing the term meme so much.
>>
>>2634500
>some people need references all their lives,
Like Repin and ALL old masters?
>>
Theres a Book named: Hyper Angel

Dont know if theres a pdf somewhere
>>
>>2634383
I take pics of myself. Set up a tripod or seriously rig shit overhead or unser things or whatever.
I set a timer and take a dozen photos or so.
This always works for me.
>>
>>2634383
>>2634467
The 3dTotal models are pretty darn good if you're interested in getting one.
>>
>>2634502
>>2634500
I feel there is a miscommunication here.

The need for reference depends largely on what it is you are actually doing.
Given same skill and "confidence", a man painting an actual painting of a scene with any in-depth consideration to color, texture, etc. will need reference if he wants to paint a decent painting in his lifetime, while a dude (as skilled as the painter) that is drawing simplified scenes in comic panels will not need much, if any reference to produce a decent work.

The image in the OP does not require reference if you put in years of effort into figure drawing. If Repin used the same pose in a painting, he'd use a reference and much more time to finish it, simply by nature of his work.
>>
>>2634502
it really depends what you want to draw. if you are going to make a fucking realistic painting, then of course you'll need references (unless you are some kind of savant genius or something), but if you want to draw stylized stuff like OP posted, then you don't need them if you are skilled and your visual library is good enough.
>>
>>2634740
I completely agree and I posted almost the same thing here >>2634744
>>
>>2634383
That's hot

except for that foot
>>
>>2634965
it's the leg overlapping
>>
>>2635029
her right leg isn't foreshortened correctly.
>>
>>2635079
well correct it then
>>
>>2635099
why? it's not like that's anon's art and I would help him improve it. if you don't see it, that's not my problem.
>>
>>2635114
well that would help me and the rest of us who don't see it, so you'd help us improve
>>
Make a references folder and keep saving stuff in there all the time. Over months or years you'll build up a pretty sweet library.

Eventually you'll have to learn to draw without looking at a reference of the exact pose and angle you're drawing.
>>
>>2634383
why not ask a friend to take a picture of you instead thats the cheapest and most effective way to do it

unless you're a fatass then that's a different story
>>
File: sadasdasd.jpg (454KB, 621x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sadasdasd.jpg
454KB, 621x1000px
>>2635139
>>
>>2635181
thanks, I think you made a good correction for the elbow, however for the foot I think if you leave the leg slightly aiming inward as it is in the original drawing, the knee and calf rotates and take the place they are respectively occupying in the original. In my opinion the illusion of form fails to take place in the original because the artist didn't define the edge of the calf and the ankle/foot more clearly (there's only a barely noticeable change of tint). But I respect that you went through with it
>>
>>2635193
it's not just the edge of the calf. the problem is the deformed knee as well. either the knee is too far forward or the back of the thigh is too far back and in this case the calf is too far back as well. that's what I fixed.
>>
>>2635181
yummy
>>
>>2634383
/p/otatographer here:

Part of the reason that you are having difficulty finding poses like this is because of limitations of the medium of photography, and the way that perspective distortions are used in photography.

Check out pic related (and note that to get the same framing, the camera has to be moved closer for wider angle lenses (lower mm number) and farther for long lenses).
>>
File: photography perspectives.jpg (29KB, 517x282px) Image search: [Google]
photography perspectives.jpg
29KB, 517x282px
>>2635213
whoops, forgot image.
>>
3D models.
>>
File: perspective calf.jpg (250KB, 516x900px) Image search: [Google]
perspective calf.jpg
250KB, 516x900px
>>2635198
alright then, I tried to show what I mean. I'm by no mean an anatomy expert so I'm not trying anyone to convince I'm right, but this is how I see it.
>>
File: 1430102984789.jpg (504KB, 1985x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1430102984789.jpg
504KB, 1985x1800px
>>2635214
>>
>>2635251
yeah, that's how I see it as well, and this is too deformed imo. that's what I tried to fix with my redline.
>>
File: h_13.jpg (126KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
h_13.jpg
126KB, 533x800px
>>2635290
just for reference, I decided to check hyperangle since I expect this kind of drawing to be referenced and ... tada !
>>
>>2635315
hah, nice
>>
>>2635315
also, I wanted to specify that even then I think copying these kind of unnatural pose is bad form when drawing. the pose should strike the viewer as natural. Then again, perspective drawings tend to have loads of unnexpected/seemingly unnatural form
>>
>>2635315
what is your point?
even if it was referenced from this, that leg is still badly foreshortened.
>>
>>2635319
Agreed. This photo you posted is a good example of that. The lighting and pose makes her left leg look longer than it should be. When you use such references you have to be able to fix this kind of "errors".
>>
>>2635326
there's no point, ir's the reference for that pose and that answers the question of how it should look. It also gives a good reason for op to get hyperangle
>>
>>2635333
yee ive been looking into this ever since i started the thread and decided to find and download hyper angle 1 3 & 4 (couldnt find 2, link it if someone has it please)

but yea that shit should prove to be useful
>>
>>2635343
Where did you find them?
I cant find one of them.
Link please.
>>
>>2635604
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/28s3il4xfv361bc/HYPER+ANGLE.rar
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/egrujw5bldoabuo/Hyper_Angle_3.zip
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/5afyagu0thid7bw/HA+M%2BW+.rar

couldnt find book 2 myself and got these links off of old threads on /ic/
>>
>>2635181
blog?
>>
File: 1467732673904.jpg (244KB, 800x1132px) Image search: [Google]
1467732673904.jpg
244KB, 800x1132px
>>2635728
bless you, anon
>>
If I have trouble with putting a pose in perspective, then I just draw it from the front and then use construction to put it in perspective
>>
>>2636430
please elaborate
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.