[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is perspective important to practice? also rate.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: dibujo.jpg (628KB, 3158x2550px) Image search: [Google]
dibujo.jpg
628KB, 3158x2550px
is perspective important to practice?
also rate.
>>
File: 1445586076889.jpg (15KB, 240x250px) Image search: [Google]
1445586076889.jpg
15KB, 240x250px
>is practicing important

what is wrong with /ic/ nowadays
>>
>>2634266
I dunno what to put beyond pls rate.
>>
Yes its important to internalize how objects are placed in relation to one another in space.

I dunno if the drawing didnt scan right or your horizon line is wonky but that house looks like the walls are leaning to the right
>>
>>2634270
yeah, the scan is rotate because the guy who did it in some cofee internet did it careless.
>>
>>2634250

If you want to do pin-ups like 90% of /ic/ does then no. If you want to do comics you'll be practicing heavy perspective all the time.
>>
>>2634281
but isn't perspective also what separates amateur figure drawing from the master ones?
>>
>>2634282
I said heavy perspective. The meat on the ribs. The dripping fat on the plate. Down to the very spec of black pepper on smoked hickory ham.
>>
File: 1354611625769.gif (2MB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
1354611625769.gif
2MB, 240x320px
>>2634281
I'd say that perspective is really important for pin ups
>>
It's important to understand the concepts of of perspective but it's not like your gonna draw every torso as a box, it's just something you have to keep in the back of your head
>>
>>2634250
it helps with buildings and sites.
>>
>>2634250
learn how to draw a cube in perspective first, you're missing the second vanishing point (which is out of your page, but no matter), don't use ruler and start practising straight lines

the lines that are closer should be more defined than the lines in the distance
>>
File: 1469902933699.png (218KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1469902933699.png
218KB, 1000x1000px
If you dont learn perspective all you're gonna end up doing is symbol drawing.

Like, you can know the shit out of anatomy because you copied all day, suddenly a confusing pose or angle comes up and you're fucked.
>>
nah,it isnt. Just check out modern art schools,they know their shit
>>
its probably the most important fundamental because it affects all the other fundamentals, even color and light.
>>
>>2634250
>is practicing perspective important

For fucks sake

yes you fucking dip
>>
It's important if you want to draw objects and environments that don't look like shit.

I don't know why people are so resistant to learning perspective. The whole point of perspective is that it makes drawing EASIER.
>>
>>2635399
>I don't know why people are so resistant to learning perspective. The whole point of perspective is that it makes drawing EASIER.
Because it's only easy on rectangular prisms.
>>
perspective is a fundamental is necessary to understand if you want to get better at drawing, so yes practice is important. The horizontal line for your house is tilted and not straight btw, you gotta fix that. Like someone said above though, it's not like your going to use it all the time though, as long as you understand basics, you're good if you wanna draw like single characters standing. But if you wanna draw a character within a scene then that's when you should set perspective grids and stuff.
>>
>>2634250
Perspective is THE MOST IMPORTANT fundamental, unless you do abstract art.
>>
File: wtfdawg.jpg (21KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
wtfdawg.jpg
21KB, 500x275px
>>2634250
thats like asking if learning how to add and substract is important if you want to do complex equations, anon.
>>
>>2634250
Perspective is a fundamental of art so yes????
>>
>>2634250
Does anyone have any good guides on learning perspective? I'm at a complete loss when it comes to the subject.
>>
>>2637039
-Horizon line is at your eye level
-You see the bottoms of things above the horizon line
-You see the tops of things below the horizon line
-Parallel lines converge to a vanishing point on the horizon line
-There can be many vanishing points in a single scene because objects aren't always aligned with each other
-Don't put the vanishing points of an object too close together, it looks weird.

You now know perspective. Congrats.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.