[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok guys, I have decided to un-plug my internet for a year starting

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: 1443858073170.jpg (2MB, 2576x4000px) Image search: [Google]
1443858073170.jpg
2MB, 2576x4000px
Ok guys, I have decided to un-plug my internet for a year starting thursday to focus on becoming a chinese render farm.
Question is, what do I study? Do I just do a bunch of still lifes/cast studies? I'm gonna be working 8-10 hours a day but I don't know how to fill them efficiently.
Any resourses that will help are appreciated!
Also chinese master race general
>>
chinese have less imagination than the west, discuss
>>
>>2632688
>>>2630028
>>
>>2632688
I kinda agree to some degree, but their designs are cooler and their stuff looks 10 times better than most westerners imo
>>
>>2632688
Alight. Please elaborate on how you come to this conclusion.
If its because they always draw the same stuff?
Oh well, thats called clever and strategically straight forward.
They create what the masses want to see - thus it sells well and everyone is happy.

Art =/= Commercial Art.
One is to express your own creativity. The other to feed the masses and make money.
>>
>>
>>2632678
woah I'm being a neet this year too for the exact same reason, we should race.

If we don't an hero by next year we should post results.
>>
File: 1430863184023.jpg (933KB, 1200x1853px) Image search: [Google]
1430863184023.jpg
933KB, 1200x1853px
>>2632858
lets fucking go.
Im not neeting tho so you're already one step ahead
>>
>>2632986
>amazing monster hunter art-
>see helmet's visor
Nevermind, fuck the chingchongs
>>
>>2632858
>>2632986
That makes three of us then
>>
>how do I work efficiently
If you don't already know how, you shouldn't try and work 8-10 hours a day. I'm predicting you'll burn out after about a month, get your Internet connection back, and then tell everybody that real life got in the way and maybe you'll try another time.
>>
>>2633131
I'm already drawing for 6-8 hours a day, the only real change would be that I didnt have internet to waste some time on
>>
Look at good work. Look at your work. Figure out why good work is better than your work. Develop a plan to attack each aspect that you are lacking.
>>
File: 1435065964213.jpg (3MB, 3000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
1435065964213.jpg
3MB, 3000x4000px
bump
>>
>>2633099
Four.
>>
>>2632678
That aguri one year of fundamentals doc should be posted here. I'm on mobile so can't post
>>
You'll learn more if you keep your internet so that you can pick up new things from new sources. Remember, lad, art is a lifelong journey, enjoy the journey and have fun or else you'll burn out.
>>
>>2634472
>You'll learn more if you keep your internet so that you can pick up new things from new sources.

Not necessarily true, if you have a decent library of books and references I can see someone gaining a ton by unplugging for a year and mastering what they have very deeply.

Not something to do for more than a year or so but could be extremely helpful at first.
>>
might be of use to you:
http://www.theverge.com/label/offline

conclusion: procrastination is a crafty bitch
>>
>>2635556
If OP has the patience to read a lot and the discipline to draw every day for 12 hours a day without entertainment to blow off steam for an entire year then sure :) but he'll burn the hell out. My bet is before the first month is over.
>>
>>2635608
Drawing is enough entertainment for me
>>
>>2635614

Are you OP? Its been three days since you posted the thread. Why are you still on /ic/?
>>
>>2635639
he starts today
>>
>>2635614
>Drawing is enough entertainment for me
Then why do you waste time on the internet?
>>
>>2635772
It has higher entertainment value, but Drawing is enough.
>>
>>2634465
Five.
>>
>>2634466
>tfw don't even know who aguri is
>tfw the fucking videos are difficult to find and take up a huge amount of memory
I wanted to like it, but dropped it and picked up villpu.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.