[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Art challenge for artfriends

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 3

File: old_armenian_book_by_deviantik.jpg (199KB, 1080x740px) Image search: [Google]
old_armenian_book_by_deviantik.jpg
199KB, 1080x740px
Take it as a challenge or an exercise. Draw a picture based on the presented setting below.

>Temple of Mana Archives: Compendium of First Accounts of the early settlers of this land.

>Upon the arrival, this land it quickly made it clear to us that there is no fooling around here. The animals and plants of this place are very different from the ones back at home. Travelling alone in the wilderness is a sure way to get mauled and eaten or poisoned. We have chosen to erect walls of stone to keep the inhabitants of the forests at bay. People usually move outside the walls in groups. Smaller creatures can be fought off with a group but a group of people are still no match for bigger creatures. We are currently breeding a local kind of creature that people call "obu". Obus are two legged lizard-like creatures with colorful feathers. They are a bit taller than horses and seem to be strong enough to carry humans and pull the adze. We just need to breed some obedience into them.

>The trees that make up the forest of this place are also very different from those back at home. There are of course regular trees here, but they are a minory of the flora. People have started to make up names to separate different trees from each other. Shroom trees look like mushrooms. Wooden trunk capped with a cap. Cap is usually greenish with patterns. Some shroom trees are kinda like regular trees, but leaves are replaced with mushroom caps. Then there are floater trees. These trees are not held up by their trunks, but rather their trunks keep the attached to the ground. The tip of those trees has a bladder which makes it float far up into the sky. These trees grow to be quite high. No other tree can contest their height.
(cont.)
>>
File: 1462804726988.jpg (61KB, 379x430px) Image search: [Google]
1462804726988.jpg
61KB, 379x430px
>>2632482
(cont.)
>In the northern lands, there are trees which the locals call "stone tentacles". Their trunks at the base can be up to 100 feet wide. Additionally, they grow to be immensely high. Ad they get taller and taller, they start to bend under their own massive weight. Not to topple over, stone tentacles - in addition to regular branches - grow supportive vines out of their sides. These vines reach outwards and try to attach themselves to neibghouring stone tentacle trees. Vines that can't reach a tree will eventually twist into a spiral. At a certain state of maturity, these vines will grow their own set of vines. A forest of stone tentacles can be hundreds of feet tall and its insides are an endless sea of vine trunks wrapped around each other.

>There are more strange trees in this land, but describing all of them would fill up multiple scrolls.

>Tribes of barbarians have taken up homes in those forests. However, those people are quite different from humans. They are covered in black fur except for their face and chest. Their faces are rough and bony. They kinda have snouts like dogs, but not so long. Their snouts are like half way from human to dog. An average individual of those people is very muscular. Their homes are high up among the stone tentacles. They use vines as roads and climb from one tentacle to other when required.

>The land also contains unusual amount of caves. Some caves are really shallow and others go on for miles and miles underground and even surfacing at the far ends. Another kind of barbarian people have taken up those caves as homes. They appear far more human than those in the stone tentacle forests. However they are considerably short. At a distance they could be mistaken for children, but in closer examination they have large pointy ears, large eyes and fangs. Unlike the stone tentacle people, they don't have as much hair. In fact, they have hair pretty much in same places as humans do.
(cont.)
>>
File: img.jpg (15KB, 160x228px) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
15KB, 160x228px
>>2632484
(cont.)

Background:

I am making an interactive novel slash video game for the DemoDay10 jam in vg/agdg/ general. An important part in making such a thing, is to have concept art. Concept art is the source of inspiration for the feel of the game. I can write concept lore for my game, but I ain't got the skills to draw and nor the time to develop them.

So, I come to you for help.

What can I do for you? I can offer you no money. However, I can display your artwork on my project's social media pages with links to your portfolios or contact infos. What will this do to you? In its current stage my game will be exposed mostly to other developers. And if they like what they see, they might just contact you for some work. And should my game take off (don't bet your life on it), your pictures would be exposed to a lot of people, who otherwise might take interest in you.

Of course, if you don't want me to put your picture out there, I won't.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.