[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to achieve line-art like in pic related while

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 1469536364230.jpg (611KB, 800x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1469536364230.jpg
611KB, 800x1080px
Is it possible to achieve line-art like in pic related while drawing digitally? Usually when people draw digitally it's usually either a quick sketch with unfinished lines or it looks very stiff and comic book-esque, so is it even possible to do or is it best to just move onto digital painting? Even techniques like crosshatching don't seem to translate well, do you guys have any idea on the subject?
If you have any examples of great digital line-art i'd appreciate it if you posted them.
>>
>>2631185
but this was done digitally.
>>
>>2631185

you can, working on a big canvas then resizing kinda gives the effect of analog media
>>
>>2631190
I don't think it is, pic related was the original and drawn by Yoh Yoshinari (Gianax / Trigger animator), and all his other drawings are traditional
>>
>>2631185
It's probably a lot easier to do with a monitor tablet than not.
>>
File: caroline-gariba-rabisco.jpg (413KB, 1273x1800px) Image search: [Google]
caroline-gariba-rabisco.jpg
413KB, 1273x1800px
>>2631185
>Is it possible to achieve line-art like in pic related while drawing digitally?
yeah, i'd say so. just need to get the right brushes, understand your software and tablet and stuff, and, of course, be a good line artist.
usually there will be some evidence that it was done digitally, but for the most part, you can emulate pen and pencil lines pretty well, though it might take a little more effort to make it look like it. here's something random i just grabbed from artstation. not a totally perfect example but it demonstrates that it's possible
>>
>>2631199
Most of the time a digital "pencil drawing" is betrayed by people not being able to live with their mistakes.
In pencil rendering you kinda fuck up a tiny little bit? You go on.
In digital? Hell no, ctrl+z till it breaks.
Also, filters.
>>
>>2631199
What kinda brushes anon?
>>
Digital is better suited for painting than drawing but it can be done.
You just need a proper brush and work in a high resolution.
>>
File: lagiacrus.png (521KB, 1500x1600px) Image search: [Google]
lagiacrus.png
521KB, 1500x1600px
I got people ask me if this was done in pencil.

It likely has to do more about tricking people who don't know better or don't pay much attention, but hey, if there's a low threshold, that only means it's easier for you to take advantage of it.
>>
do you have photoshop cs5 or higher?
do you have a tablet that supports tilt?
https://www.kylebrush.com/
get kyle's FREE animators pencil
i got his whole megapack whatever and that free animators pencil is more or less the only one i use for sketching
the real trick is not to ctrl-z (unless it's a big huge mistake, like fucking massive, like you fuckin drew a line through a whole buncha shit you didn't mean to) and just erase shit you don't want/for cleanup. also get a nice brush for erasing that feels good, you don't want something too sharp nor too fuzzy, and you probably want a light amount of texture on it round the edges as opposed to computer perfect opacity gradient of the default softround brush
>>
>>2631259
>I am a beginner who has never tried more than one medium so I don't know how to judge skill or how it transfers from one medium to another, also I am jelly on those which can afford a table and since I never worked on one, i will awesome doing so is just like traditional but with ctrl+z and no draw backs
>>
>>2631363
tablet*
assume*
>>
>>2631198
Help
>>
>>2631367
Meant>>2631284
>>
>>2631356
>tfw it looks pencilish to me
D:
>>
>>2631193
The lineart might be traditional but the tones are clearly digital. And Yoshinari doesn't do exclusively traditional - pic related.
>>
I was looking through posts on tumblr tagged with Yoh Yoshinari and only realised I was erect when I tried to stand up.
>>
>>2631363
You get better at pencil when you forget the eraser exists.
You get better at digital when you forget ctrl+z exists.

You stay static forever when you erase, delete or hide everything you don't 500% like, spendingw way more time than necessary per piece and refusing to aknowledge, learn and solve your mistakes.

I have probably been doing digital art longer than you've been alive.
>>
>>2631356
It looks like it's done in pencil because it's a tight, simple sketch instead of a digital painting that got grayscaled, filtered and overtextured to death trying to pass as pencil.

The least you shine a spotlight on "omg is this pencil?! *wink*", the more likely are people to believe it is.
>>
>>2632067
That's fucking retarded, yo.
>>
>>2632148
he's right. start drawing with a ballpoint for once in your life. You might learn something.
>>
>>2632067
This is a good point. Sometimes I feel some of my favorite digital artists would have more life if they laid off the ctrl+z for a while. If you excise all those 'mistakes' it tends to look sterile. I feel that when I look at Doxy's work.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.