[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got my first bad critique at work, hold me

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1460074495330.png (160KB, 513x616px) Image search: [Google]
1460074495330.png
160KB, 513x616px
Got my first bad critique at work, hold me
>>
>>2629275
What was it?

Use it constructively if you can.
but also remember not all critique is right
>>
>>2629277
It was an animation I had been working on for a little over a day. It was a guy stabbing another guy with a spear. I mean I know when the thing im working on is utter shit but i didnt think this was that bad. I showed my lead animator and he straight up said it was terrible. Said it wasnt even good enough to be layout animation.
>>
Post it, family.
>>
>>2629284
Cant, anything leaves the office I get fired. Proprietary information rules n shit.
>>
>>2629283
how you even god hired if you that bad
>>
>>2629283
Are you like... a decent animator? Were you hired for animation?
>>
>>2629289
*got
>>
>>2629275
If you never animated before, of course it's going to be shit
>>
What kind of animation op? was it 2d or 3d? Is it for a game?

If it really was bad then you should study up on fight mechanics. Don't let your weaknesses get the better of you
>>
>>2629286
Was it commissioned work? I thought it was just for fun/practice.
>>
>>2629290
Yeah no im good at it, I was top of my class and got hired before i even graduated
>>
>>2629298
3d. Provide links for maximum studyage.
>>
>>2629464
P O S T W O R K
We can't really help you out if we don't know what level you're at. Even then tho, I assume it's fairly common for new artists to get roasted every now and then. That's probably just how it works, every now and then your gonna pump something out that isn't great and maybe you're eye isn't developed enough to see it. I'm sure the people who hired you saw something in you when they gave you the job so just keep on hustling op.
>>
>>2629475
Ill post something in a few minutes i just gotta convert to webm
>>
>>2629471
3D animation is ludicrously difficult and takes a lot of time to get good at. It also requires you to let go of about half of everything you know about 2D just because of how a 3D package might work.
>>
File: tourettes.gif (3MB, 1316x846px) Image search: [Google]
tourettes.gif
3MB, 1316x846px
Something I did with a 5 hour gap between classes during my last semester, still needs some polish but its a good representation of where I'm at. This dingus board wont let me do webms with audio so its just a gif. Sorry the dialogue isnt present.
>>
>>2629531
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns692Uc2rW4

Here's the dialogue, its the line "sorry, that was my tourettes".

also sorry for the giant file
>>
>>2629530
Really? I thought the main reason to do 3d was because it doesn't take as much time.
>>
>>2629550
I'd say the ratio of time spent making a textured hi-poly character as to drawing the same character is 4:1.
>>
>>2629530
the hardest part about 3D is all the preparation to do on a model so it can be animated. the actual animation isn't any harder than 2D, I'm pretty sure it's easier if it makes sense to compare at all.
>>
>>2629562
Perhaps I haven't done enough 3D animation to get over its learning curve, it took me even about a week before it didn't look like the graph editor was going to eat me and put a hex on future my offspring.
>>
>>2629560
It's fucking hard to make a functional 3D rig that also looks good.
That's why there's so many concept artists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZNJoPY7-yk&list=PLD8C90E053226954D
>>
>>2629560
typically after a certain level of skill these tasks are separated.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.