[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of you have photographic memory? Is it important for

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

How many of you have photographic memory?

Is it important for getting good? How hopeless is it for someone with terrible memory?
>>
>>>/retard/
>>
>>2626808
yeah this
>>
photographic memory = the spark

You either have it or you don't.
>>
For me, drawing has been a mix of learning and understanding concepts over weeks/months of practice, and looking at references/live drawing.

In the case of refs and live drawing the subject is gonna be right in front of you, so memory isn't that important. The other things you learn come from experience, it's like learning any other skill. I don't think you need great memory to develop a skill, practice and memorization aren't the same thing at all.
>>
>>2626805
Who's this cute boy?
>>
I have really bad memory and im unable to draw specific faces from mind, but drawing the same thing over and over helps and im pretty mediocre with drawing humans already
>>
>>2626805
I don't have photographic memory but I did start to train my visual memory
>>
File: 1449475938986.jpg (20KB, 489x638px) Image search: [Google]
1449475938986.jpg
20KB, 489x638px
>>2626834
>boy

This is one of those rare cases where this person has a bagina.
>>
File: 1468858864685.jpg (60KB, 1018x518px) Image search: [Google]
1468858864685.jpg
60KB, 1018x518px
>>2626883
literally looks like a boy you fag
>>
>>2626805
i have shit memory.
learning to be good at art is basically figuring out the formula to create a picture, which is much less data than the actual picture, ya feel me?
even being good at making photorealistic shit from your imagination is NOT photographic memory. it's basically just understanding perspective, understanding how light works, and understanding your subject. these don't require good memory, it's not necessarily a shit-ton of knowledge. but even though it's not much knowledge, it requires a lot of understanding. in the end, good *understanding* of something is basically knowledge that has been hugely simplified and made intuitive, which isn't memory heavy at all. it's just something that really needs to be massaged into your brain with practice and experience.
>>
>>2626886
I took the risk, she has a nice body and cute tiny, little pussy.
>>
>>2626896
..as well as an adorable, thick, "girly" mustache -.-
>>
Having good memory is big for doing imaginative stuff. Poses, clothes, props. Even remembering landscapes/compositions like shit you see during the day that you want to draw. Not just limited to real life, works for images too. If you can work out the value distribution for one of Ruan Jias pieces, and the associated colour scheme, applying that knowledge to your own painting would require you to remember it.

Its the whole reason behind expanding your visual library. Also behind the reason behind studying shit you find interesting; so you can regurgitate it from memory.

But it doesnt have to be photographic memory, studying your subject over and over helps internalise it, (here 'studying' can be as simple as looking at it, analysing edges, colour picking all over, turning b/w) you just need to be smart when studying.
>>
>>2626805
Photographic memory does not exist, it's literally a fictional concept.

You can, however, train and expand your memory by committing to your subjects and not wandering off to post on 4chan when you're supposed to be studying.
>>
>>2626896
source?
>>
>>2626928
https://twitter.com/nekolukka
>>
>>2626940
huh, alright, not sure how to feel about this
>>
>>2626940
Those eye bags.
>>
>>2626907
filipinos amirite?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>2626805
>he has a rapestache
>mfw
>>
tesuto
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.