[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are these leadholders?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: s-l500.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
I see them on ebay and aliexpress for like a dollar
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_BIN=1&_nkw=2mm+leadholder&_sop=15

I'm thinking about getting a few, does anyone have experience with them? or are they usually dead on arrival?
>>
>>2625689
Just buy a Staedtler Mars Technico. They are everywhere.
>>
Get a Fixpencil 22. Trust me, you won't look back.
>>
Lead holder is mostly a meme. Graphite is a bad medium to begin with. Sure, you could use them for other colored leads, but they're just as bad.
>>
>>2625950
>Graphite is a bad medium to begin with.
Care to explain

Lead holders are not a meme, 2mm leads are cheaper and the instrument is virtually identical to wooden pencils except it stays balanced.
The Fixpencil 22 is very light and thin so it mimics regular pencils very well with none of the downsides.
>>
>>2625950
yeah, get a graphics tablet and join the ruan jia zombie horde, loser
>>
>>2625972
Graphite smudges in quite an unsightly way. Charcoal or chalk, of similar hardness are much better, even when they smudge. Smudging graphite to produce an effect is nearly always a negative and does not look as natural as smudged chalk or charcoal. You also often have to bear down hard on the paper with the graphite to produce the darker tones, which with graphite produces an uneven effect of sheen with the drawing, especially when used to fill in dark masses. In a dark mass of one tone it's not unusual to see, when the light reflects on it, that the surface is made uneven by the strokes, so the this mass of tone doesn't take the light evenly.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.