[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this portrait look so messed up? Help me get better

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Why does this portrait look so messed up? Help me get better
>>
colors have no dimensions, with lips leave some completely white areas to show highlight. it's just all too flat. you can add some dimension by outlining with black micropen.
>>
>>2624978
>Eyes too fucking big (almost animu eyes)
>Nose too flat and small in relation to the eyes
>The mouth is too close to the nose, and the lower lip looks kinda swollen
>The hair could be improved (a lot)
>Also, I'm guessing she is supposed to look like an old lady, but if she isn't, too wrinkly
>>
>>2624978
symbol.

lets see the reference.
>>
File: 1469755014896.jpg (60KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1469755014896.jpg
60KB, 640x640px
>3264x2448
>flipped
>symbol drawing

nothing to see here, my dudes
>>
because you want to keep it simple Rebecca. So it will stay simple.
its drawn from full front. its hard to manage for good artists as it flattens out the face. beginners like it, because they cant draw in three dimensions anyway.
you cared not for the actual proportions of the face, nor the values changing sharply and gradually all over the face. the entire thing is in the same value, AND in the same color, whereas in reality it changes from colder tone to warmer tone depending on the place on the face.
composition is silly, the hair cut down for no reason, theres plenty of white space down there. again, dont draw it from full frontal.

id highly recommend you to learn to construct heads, leave complicated painting methods (unless being supervised by good painter), and focus on getting good with drawing, then with charcoal, focusing on values, and proportions.
>>
File: 1377094915602.png (97KB, 263x283px) Image search: [Google]
1377094915602.png
97KB, 263x283px
>>2624978
Read the sticky, you'll find out.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.