[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you keep your sanity while working on really involved

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: bawwwww.jpg (54KB, 264x373px) Image search: [Google]
bawwwww.jpg
54KB, 264x373px
how do you keep your sanity while working on really involved drawings/paintings that take days or weeks of planning and execution? i'm in the midst of such a piece and i feel like it's testing me in a lot of ways that make me feel like i'm going mad
>>
File: 1451786288800.png (350KB, 700x668px) Image search: [Google]
1451786288800.png
350KB, 700x668px
>>2624323
Get used to it fuccboi.
>>
>>2624328
im a baby bitch and i will burn in hell
>>
File: IMG_20150829_124126.jpg (4MB, 2734x3417px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150829_124126.jpg
4MB, 2734x3417px
I did this one to keep me sane. 300 hours or so of work,its poster sized and quill pen and india ink. I suffered through a terrible relationship and an impossible work environment which culminated with my ass being transferred to another place needing 4+ hours of commuting. I had one night off and any spare time I had was poured into this.It was worth it,if just for the peace of mind it gave. You will get the same as your labours culminate into such a wonder.
>>
>>2624574
Before you pour 300 hours of your life into a work I'd recommend learning anatomy and perspective as well as how an eyeball looks.
>>
>>2624923
Post ur work
>>
>>2624323

Sanity? That's the first thing you have to get rid of to be an artist.
>>
File: kp.gif (271KB, 540x784px) Image search: [Google]
kp.gif
271KB, 540x784px
>>2624323
Off the top of my head, here are two things I do:

1. Find some sort of controlled distraction to help you drone out and stay mildly entertained for many hours on end. For me, thing means turning on soft piano music while playing a podcast over it. Podcasts are a truly wonderous thing that everyone should check out if they haven't already

+ Work on multiple pieces at once. Going from project A -> B -> C in some metholodical fashion doesn't work for everybody, so it might be a good idea to mix it up with smaller & easier projects while you work on the big ones.

Hope this helps!
>>
>>2624574
I had a professor that used to sarcastically say "If you can't make it good, make it big. If you cant make it big, make it red" when talking about painting.

She could have said "detailed" instead of "red" though.
>>
File: finished dog painting.jpg (41KB, 300x399px) Image search: [Google]
finished dog painting.jpg
41KB, 300x399px
>>2625089
fucking scrub
>>
>>2625207
I agree with this.Point 1 is def efficient
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.