[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i come up with interesting subject matter for my art?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

How do i come up with interesting subject matter for my art? I'm drawing at a level i feel comfortable with in regards to anatomy, perspective, etc but all my drawings are really boring and really have no meaning.Should i be reading about philosophy and psychoanalysis and shit like that?are there any good books you guys can recommend on this?
>>
Lol,you call boring that subjetive mess of guts? xD
Boring are landscapes and seas,
but about some interesting subjets for art you could try for example something related with not very explored mythologies in occident like chinesse,or maybe,if phylosophy related you could try for example illustrating the Allegory of the Cave from your point of view,don't know
>>
File: IMAG005 (1).jpg (75KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG005 (1).jpg
75KB, 800x600px
Make the mundane interesting.

Here's an idea I had but never will get around to: Lunch. Basically a set of fantasy illustrations, centered around creatures enjoying a midday meal. Think Norman Rockwell in scene design,each picture with loads of little details telling a snapshot story.

A dragon "shelling" a knight,heaps of bloody armour around it,with a disgruntled maiden in a cage looking on.

Dwarves on break from the mines,huddled together with their equivalent of lunchboxes contemplating breathtaking mountaintops as they joke among themselves.

A hobbit laying a feast before him,possibly with a guest or two,the table piled high with strange and exotic dishes.

Orcs at a rude barbecue, roasting Gods Know What on a spit in the midst of a sacked city,showing each other the spoils they've taken.

Fairies of different sorts savouring their varied favorites in a quiet hollow.

The list goes on,but you get the idea. Plenty of scope to stretch your talent and inventiveness.
>>
what do you care about? think of stuff that matters to you in life
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.