[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think you will ever make it?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: question guy.png (11KB, 470x454px) Image search: [Google]
question guy.png
11KB, 470x454px
Do you think you will ever make it?
>>
I can't finish anything so that's a bit of a problem
>>
>>2621318
Everyone who tried hard enough have made it, so why wouldn't I?
>>
>>2621318
will anybody ever pay you? god knows
>>
>>2621331
probably not... oh well...
>>
>>2621325
Set out to make small things. Be very clear about the scope of your piece and what you want to achieve. As you finish smaller things your confidence will grow to actually pull through with larger projects.

I've increased the scope of my projects a lot by pushing a little further with each piece.
>>
>>2621326
Survivor Bias
>>
Nope
Already thinking about giving up
Art isn't fun anymore

Sue me, /ic/.
>>
all it takes to make it is mad effort. effort in both improving your art and reaching out to employers.

don't. fucking. quit.
>>
File: 2KOWJiv.jpg (129KB, 387x493px) Image search: [Google]
2KOWJiv.jpg
129KB, 387x493px
I will 100% make it!
>>
Is anyone else irrationally afraid of dying or becoming disabled before they can reach their goal? I think I can do it with enough time.
>>
>>2621318
Yeah but my artistic goals are not that ambitious desu.
>>
This is my very first day. I want to make it. Any words of advice?
>>
>>2621854
Get ready to fuck up a lot
>>
File: 1458525576560.jpg (45KB, 570x487px) Image search: [Google]
1458525576560.jpg
45KB, 570x487px
I don't think, I know I will.
>>
>>2621829

Me, I have thought about this scenario in which for some reason or another I lose my hands Dr. Strange style or something, it would be pretty shitty
>>
>>2621419
It never was.
>>
>>2621318
Even if I don't art gave me a purpose in life.
>>
>>2621318
looks like 'pull the lever or not' guy
>>
>>2621326

Just because all the people who made it tried hard doesn't mean all the people who tried hard made it.

As for me I'm not planning to 'make it' if make it means 'be a professional artist.' I think it'd sap the pleasure from my hobby.
I do plan on doing commissions here and there for a secondary income once I've gotten gud though.
>>
>>2621318
Maybe. Just wish I had more self confidence and will power to make myself improve more
>>
>>2621903
I don't want to be mean or nothing but why do people only draw for a hobby? I feel as if it would only make sense for someone to aspire to do what they like to do for a living.
>>
>>2621318
Goddamn it I ask myself this every time I pick up a pencil, every time I make one wrong line, every time I have to erase an entire piece because the more I try to fix it the uglier it gets, every time I try to draw something simple that ends up taking hours of my time, every fucking time I see an extremely detailed and amazing piece that makes my drawings look like a fucking 5 year old did them. I just wanna be good enough to draw a nice titty or butt, or at least have enough of an understanding to where I can spit out something that still resembles what it's supposed to be, I'm tired of spending way too much time on something that should really only take a few minutes. I don't even care if I get paid or anything, I just want people to find my art fapable.
>>
I really dont care if I make it or not
Everytime I draw something I feel alive, and want to become better at it

If I get to sell something or some recognition yay good for me
>>
>>2621987
Once you start doing something you love for money/income it can become way less enjoyable. A lot of people draw/paint/create because they enjoy it and do it at their own pace. I know drawing can help me de-stress sometimes. But when you start having to do art for money to pay your bills, then you feel obligated and may have to force yourself to draw when you dont want to because you now rely on it for basic living.
>>
File: P1000928edit.jpg (411KB, 1260x945px) Image search: [Google]
P1000928edit.jpg
411KB, 1260x945px
Probably not but it's fun
>>
>>2622039 you are mentally ill
>>
>>2621318
No
>>
>>2621318
Just got a commission for ten grand. Feeling good about the future.
>>
>>2621318
honestly no
>>
you will all make it.
>>
File: 1456944395839.gif (3MB, 222x379px) Image search: [Google]
1456944395839.gif
3MB, 222x379px
>>2622527
Not actually me in the pic but thanks for the (You) anyway
>>
File: 1466713416901.jpg (12KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1466713416901.jpg
12KB, 320x320px
>>2621318
yes i do. I have enough drive to put in the time and effort, and have good taste in art that is also marketable. drawing is pretty much all i think about and i genuinely love doing it and learning the craft.
>>
Not for a few years at least.
>>
>>2621318
yes
>>
I'm sorry but I have to ask it, what are you ages? 21 here and I don't know if I'll make it
>>
>>2621318
Hopefully?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.