[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me the story of merc wip.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: merc wip.jpg (228KB, 776x1119px) Image search: [Google]
merc wip.jpg
228KB, 776x1119px
Tell me the story of merc wip.
>>
He's a big guy
>>
>>2620569
fuck you
>>
>>2620569
Who paid you to grab Dr. Vilppu?
>>
>>2620557
a piece eurotrash and some dumb mexicali got into a e-penis fight. Something about concept artists and "making it".

One of them played the "post your work" cry baby card and the other posted the pathetic merc_wip.jpg. And then they both still shit post to this day
>>
>>2620593
>ted the pathetic merc_wip.jpg.
it's pretty good tho
>>
>>2620593
was is the eurofag or the beaner who drew it?
>>
El artista se llama Juanito Perez ya no postea por aca porque se le quito lo autista, animo mis negros!

idk XD
>>
>>2620625
quito lo autista???
>>
Anyone who reposts mercwip has their art dreams come true within 5 years
>>
>>2620593
>the pathetic merc_wip.jpg
watch your tongue son
>>
>>2620569

uuuu
>>
>>2620619
eurotrash=beanertrash

I don't know who posted what. They were both losers who had a hard-on for muh spacemarines or some kind of Mass effect shit. They were dumb fanboys pretending they were going to make it, but all they did was bitch like brats. It was sad.
>>
File: mercwip.jpg (308KB, 1220x2485px) Image search: [Google]
mercwip.jpg
308KB, 1220x2485px
>>2620557

Merc wip is the gloriest meme to ever grace /ic/ of its Kek.

We all have a Merc wip inside of us, asking to be put on paper.

> On a practical note, Merc wip rekt forever the "post your work" reply, so it's useful to the board quality
>>
>>2620619
>>2620806

If I remember correctly it was the shit mexican that called out the eurotrash. The illegal kept on taunting him and the whole draw thread. He said something like, "post your shit and I'll wipe the floor with it" It was something along the lines, that if you posted something of yours he would then post something of his that would be superior to it, thereby proving to all of /ic/ he was the better artist. (/v/ level autism) I'm recalling this from memory so there could be more to it.

I think it was the eurotrash that posted the merc-wip. And it was the illegal that went silent afterwards. I guess he thought that low bar was just too high for his mad skill level. He didn't say much after the merc-wip was posted. Shows what kind of a shit talker he really was.

It was the pathetic banter of the whole ordeal that amused everyone. Now people would post an edited merc-wip in response to anyone who taunts: post your work
>>
File: S6301549.jpg (278KB, 1144x1600px) Image search: [Google]
S6301549.jpg
278KB, 1144x1600px
>ITT
>>
>>2620593
>pathetic
But it's not, stupid memester.
>>
>>2620593
>>2620822

This is all wrong. Merc_Wip came about due to two shitposting events. Andrew Sonea, the original artist, got into some kind of argument where he posted it to prove he wasn't a total scrub, at least as far as I heard. I didn't witness this personally so my knowledge is vague. This was the first incident. Some shitposter saw the image, saved it, and then later used it in an e-penis measuring contest with me to prove he was a better artist than I was (renaming it "merc_wip" to hide the 4chan numbers), when I was shitposting something about how Zedig wasn't as awesome as he was saying he was. This was in like 2014, but iirc, he said he was "miles ahead" of me as an artist, and I told him to post some work to prove it, and he posted merc_wip, and then I posted some shitty wip that I thought was good at the time (it was awful), and everyone called us both faggots for thinking our work was good. Then Andrew Sonea showed up and said that merc_wip was his image and this dude had stolen it, and it was so funny that merc_wip thus became a meme to post when someone calls you out to post your work.

So that's the true story of merc_wip. All other tales are false. I don't think either of us was a mexican or a eurofag.
>>
>>2620885
>to prove he wasn't a total scrub
That's what the mexican kid kept calling him, a scrub.

Are you him? Are that autistic illegal from way back then? Did you ever reply with something of your own? Probably not cause your still leveling up. Right?

It's starting to come back to me. You were stalking the anon because he said something bad about some pic you liked. You went really quiet when he posted his merc. That I know for sure. I bet you were "banned" or something before you could reply, amirite?. Is that why you chickened out? Couldn't show your true power level cuz mods.
>>
>>2620908

I don't recall the word "scrub" making any significant appearance in the original thread, and no mention was ever made of immigration status or ethnicity or any of that as far as I can recall. And, yeah, I did post my work, which I now cringe about, because it was wonky as fuck (though the critiques I got in that thread actually helped me to improve it tbqh)

Maybe you're thinking of a different thread or something, but your memory of the genesis of the merc_wip meme is full of inaccuracies. I definitely didn't get quiet when the other dude posted merc_wip, either - I told him it was actually really good and I respected that he had the balls to post it when I called him out, and I posted my shit as I said I would. Ofc, it turned out he stole it, so he came out looking pathetic and I came out looking like an aspie, so it was all pretty cringey.
>>
>>2620908
>You were stalking the anon because he said something bad about some pic you liked. You went really quiet when he posted his merc.

Actually, thinking back, this is sort of accurate, just backwards. He was stalking me because I was kind of shitting on Zedig (whom I like actually, but this guy was saying he was the best artist of this generation or some stupid shit), and he was ranting about he was a way better artist than me, just 'miles ahead' and I told him to post his shit if he was so good and I'd do the same and we'd see who was better, and he posted merc_wip, and then I posted my shitty wip and then he got really quiet (probably because he'd stolen merc_wip because he was shit and he could see I actually was better than him). Then Andrew Sonea called him out for stealing the image and that's how merc_wip was born.

Still don't know why you remember one of us being mexican tho
>>
>>2620922
You could always dig the thread up and post it here, amigo.
>>
>>2620930
>He was stalking me
Not how i recalled it. You followed him here from Facebook.
>>
File: gypsy_wip.png (46KB, 251x330px) Image search: [Google]
gypsy_wip.png
46KB, 251x330px
>>2620931

I tried to Google it, but I can't find an archive of it.

But... here is the image that I posted as a response to merc_wip in the original thread. Can't believe I'm posting this... This is the cleaned up, fixed version; the original was so much worse.
>>
>>2620936

You're definitely getting some other story mixed up with this one. I don't have a Facebook, never met the other guy anywhere else, have no idea what became of him after that thread. You could be him for all I know. I don't know how it's even possible to stalk someone on an anonymous board.
>>
>>2620937
I tried to Google it,

heuhehheh. You're dodging the bullet again, huh? Can't into archives all of sudden?

"Nice" thumb, scrub.
>>
>>2620941

Post your work, bruh. You google it if you can. I can't find it.
>>
File: merc-wip lvl up.jpg (44KB, 600x833px) Image search: [Google]
merc-wip lvl up.jpg
44KB, 600x833px
>>2620945
""""Here you go brah""""
>>
>>2620947

Andrew Sonea is doomed to have that head shopped onto every character he ever draws for the rest of time.
>>
>>2620589
A LOT OF LOYALTY FOR A HIRED FREELANCER
>>
>there is only one merc_wip.psd file in existence amongst hundreds of thousands, if not billions of .jpegs and .pngs of specimen file 0
>>
>>2621105
he works for the mercenary_wip
>>
>>2620930
Absolute bullshit. Stop talking trash you piece of shit.
>>
merc wip represents how trash concept art is
>>
>>2620593
The original artist is neither european, nor mexican though.
>>
>>2621146
okay pedro if you say so
>>
>>2621144
represents how trash shit artists are*

no thanks required
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.