[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of Sycra's simplified anatomy model?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

What do you think of Sycra's simplified anatomy model?
>>
>>2618978
Very very basic and stylized. Youre better off just reading an actual anatomy book like hogarth.
Fuck off sycra
>>
might aswell learn a real anatomy model,
one thats not stylised
one that has just as many intricacies
one thats from a real artist
loomis, hampton, w/e not sycra
>>
>>2618978
>those calves
my DICK
>>
>>2618978
I actually like it. If you look at it along with studying actual anatomy, the simplified masses and color-coding might help your brain absorb the knowledge better.
>>
>>2618978

lol those proportions, look at those tiny thighs and those far too long lower legs. As a result the characters hands are practically touching his knees, I guess this is good reference if you want to draw retarded looking characters.
>>
Why even have an anatomy model if you're just going to distort the shit out of it to the point where it's no longer anatomically correct? Stylization != simplification.

Put in the effort and learn proper figure drawing, learn the abstractions, the landmarks, learn mannequinization. Then placing the anatomy on top of it all accurately and proportionally is going to be a lot easier.
>>
It looks cool. But why not just use Hampton, watts, or any other system?
>>
>>2619018
Always wondered was too afraid to find out.
>>
>>2618978
Sycra is a shit artist and you'd benefit more from people who dedicated their life to studying the human body, not some maple suryp muzzie who barely improved after 10 years.
>>
>>2619124
dont worry im studying stans stuff.
>>
>>2619131
Proko is boss
>>
I like sycra but his figures look fucking weird to me, Hamptons the way to go imo
>>
How old is sycra now ? How can you be drawing the same thing everyday and still suck at it after all this time ?
>>
Read an actual anatomy book, get advice from an actual teacher and not "Im gonna make it someday, right?"
>>
>>2618978
Oh look it'a another Sycra thread just like all the other 100 monthly Sycra threads.

He is a shit artist and teaches wrong information. Learn from actual professional artists/proficient art teachers instead of some amateur youtuber.
That "anatomy" sheet is absolutely disgusting, the proportions are awful and that is just bad stylization, he can't even get that right.
>those grasshopper legs
>>
File: Torso wk 1 Feb 6.jpg (395KB, 1600x1309px)
Torso wk 1 Feb 6.jpg
395KB, 1600x1309px
>>2619295
Also, here's some proper construction
>>
How does one avoid becoming Sycra?
Who knows how many years hes been "studying" now and the dudes shit.
>>
>>2619298

Work very very hard before you turn 25 and don't go to art school.
>>
>>2619302
what happens after you turn 25?
>>
>>2619363
Studies show 25 is the average age an individual begins to rapidly lose the sufficient neuroplasticity needed to gather ones thoughts and learn efficiently and quickly. It doesn't mean you're completely fucked after 25, it just means you're fucked.
>>
>>2619371
>the age meme
>>
>>2619296
Christ. I dont think i could ever learn to be that good with anatomy. thats way too complex for my fucking brain.
>>
>>2619371
>babbys first 4chins trole
>look ma no hands
>>
>>2619435
Watch your tone with me young boy, you don't have any idea who you're talking to. I suggest you sit the fuck down.
>>
>>2619374
>>2619435
>it's a '/ic/-tards deny hard scientific facts to keep their delusion going' episode

Wew lads.
>>
>>2619441
You blew it, please stop embarrassing yourself now.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (455KB, 817x1089px)
Untitled-1.jpg
455KB, 817x1089px
>>2619397
It takes studying and effort, but it's far from impossible, anon. You can absolutely do it if you put in the time. I believe in you!
>>
>>2619371
Citation needed.
>>
>>2619461
Eh sure
>>
File: Vitruvian-Man_2506735b.jpg (94KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
Vitruvian-Man_2506735b.jpg
94KB, 620x387px
>>2618978
da vinci rolling over in his grave seeing this trash.
>>
>>2619481
at least sycra isn't drawing people with four fuckin arms
>>
>>2618978
It's an easy way to simplify forms, a lot of artists do similar things.
>>
>>2619296
Christ, It's like I'm reading Hampton's book. Did you do this, anon? It's real fucking nice, I saved it cause I find the colors helpful for placing the muscles
>>
>>2619481
>simplified anatomy model
>posting da vinci
Genius!
>>
It's serviceable - the color-coded muscle groups generally work even if you ignore the retardedly stylized proportions.

I do think he could've toned the style down a bit.
>>
>>2619397
Everythink is pretty easy to remember maybe except shins and forearms desu senpai
>>
>>2619518
>4 arms
>not knowing the ridge muscles (brachioradialis, extensor carpi radialis longus), extensor digitorum and extensor carpi ulnaris off by heart
nigga pls. suck sycra off more.
>>
>>2619560
That is Hampton, probably from a CGMA video.
>>
File: 1469581240240.jpg (84KB, 825x631px)
1469581240240.jpg
84KB, 825x631px
>draw average, boring art with digital tricks meant to appease the "concept art" group
>have to end up making shitty Gumroad tutorials and Patreons to barely scrape a living because you're just another grain in a field of "concept artists"
>Meanwhile artists with actual skill and can actually work instead of making youtube videos about their Depression all day actually make it

The worst part of it all is it's just teaching other new people who want to be artists to be lazy, uninspired faggots like they are.

I guess it leaves less competition for the future.
>>
>>2619810
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>2619819
your /jp/ is showing
>>
>>2619824
wut
>>
>>2619832

don't play dumb
>>
>>2619598
Really? im struggling a bit with prokos figure drawing playlist right now. I have about 5-6 weeks before i head off to college and want to improve a bit.
>>
>>2620189
>proko
kek.
>>
>>2619686
I was making a joke about the vitruvian man you tubby nerd
>>
>>2619363
Cheaper car insurance
>>
>>2618978
Make the thighs 20% longer and it's infinitely better than your average "how to draw manga/comics" model.

And don't post this here if you expect any help with stylization, /ic/ doesn't know how to copy, much less how to create.
>>
>>2619265
He's lazy and he says it himself.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.