[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know how much the top digital artists are making?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1445713509287.jpg (29KB, 400x324px) Image search: [Google]
1445713509287.jpg
29KB, 400x324px
Does anyone know how much the top digital artists are making?

Is 100k/year possible if you're great and market yourself well?
>>
no
closest youll get is if you decide to take furry commissions
>>
>>2618678
100k canadian. kek.
>>
If you're at the very top, yeah it's possible

If you're the best, you can charge whatever you want.
>>
>>2618678
Just give up
>>
>>2618678
Pretty sure all the popular guys make over 100k. Heck Sakimichan makes way more than that.
>>
You don't even have to be at the top- different parts of the industry have different norms. Advertising sector is used to paying much more than games- for example. I worked in theme parks right out of school and started at 120,000 a year. I proved I had some niche skills that let me stay on at that rate- so it was a bit higher that other artists on the team (undeservedly I would say)- but it worked and was stable. That job was a mix of drawn concepts and borderline architectural rendering photobashy stuff. I still did a mix of environs, props, and characters. Plenty of characters. I wasn't the best at any of it. Wasn't doing the coolest concepts in the world, wasn't as good as a dedicated architectural renderer for bashing, but I filled my niche at my company (170+ employees) and that was what it took.

So consider how wide the industry for digital artworks is and analyze the different norms of the different sectors. You can look for balances of your passions and the lifestyle you want.

If you're looking at freelance specifically- yeah established people can make six figures with hustle. A lot of the people who can do that are "in n out" types who jump between studios on short contracts while freelancing at night- and they gather up friends as they studio jump to outsource work to so they never have to say no to jobs. It's a frantic life- but they're clearing those numbers for sure.

Best of luck. Don't give up. Only come to this board for laughs.
>>
>>2619238
>>2619250
>>2619261

Almost 100% these people don't even draw, let alone know anything about the industry kek.

>>2619266

Outlier.

>>2619311

Good post.
>>
>>2619497
I know about industry. I can answer questions but first you need to post your art.
>>
>>2618678
What do you want 100k/year for?
>>
>>2618678
Nobody is making good money unless they are investing properly. Even if you make more, you most likely spend more. And if youre saving, your money is collecting dust. So even "rich" artists have to be mindful with their money.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.