[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Egon Schiele?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 12

Thoughts on Egon Schiele?
>>
>>2617676
degenerate
>>
one of my favorite artists, formally at least
>>
I died young so as far as I know he didn't get past angsty gouache work. His nudes are often a favourite for art fans and they quite subversive, genuinely have an erotic and perverse streak. But he didn't live to get past it.

He makes more sense as an artist when put alongside Oscar Kokoschka (who was a better artist) as it explains the style. A cutting edge art for the newly rich and broad minded in Austria before the collapse.
>>
File: tumblr_nkjh5edwHH1r1jmv0o1_1280.png (2MB, 1280x712px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkjh5edwHH1r1jmv0o1_1280.png
2MB, 1280x712px
>>2617744

here's Oskar,

similar isn't it???
>>
>>2617676
I like it
>>
>>2617744
>Oscar Kokoschka

bad comparison
>>
disgusting pedophile
>>
I like how he drew bodies but I couldn't get pass some of the faces
>>
>>2617676
given that he made most of this stuff in the earlier part of the 20th century, this is pretty ground breaking work. It still looks contemporary if placed a long with other art produced these days.
>>
File: schiele1.jpg (55KB, 600x376px) Image search: [Google]
schiele1.jpg
55KB, 600x376px
I love the way he depics the human body. He brings out the best and the worst it in in different pictures.
>>
It still feels new, a hundred years later
>>
used to obsess over him.
>>
>hurr i'm only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>2617865
you don't know what you're talking about
>>
He is good, 1880s - 1930s are the best period in visual arts.
>>
File: Plebs.jpg (59KB, 500x401px) Image search: [Google]
Plebs.jpg
59KB, 500x401px
/mu/tant here, lurking over here found this thread, big fan of Egon Schiele. Do you guys know any artist with similar style?
>inb4 get back to /mu/ fucktard
>>
>>2619301
look into the vanguards from austria

like kokoschka, klimt, moser, andri
>>
Love the way he did the hair. My favorite vanguard artist for sure.
>>
>>2619301
contemporily I found Marlene Dumas similar in feel
>>
looks like another artist who decided to stylize before getting good at the fundamentals
>>
File: 1907.jpg (56KB, 680x974px) Image search: [Google]
1907.jpg
56KB, 680x974px
>>2619432
He did pic related when he was 17.

You'd also have to be really new to art to not see that the guy understands basic forms and anatomy. It's really obvious even in his extremely stylized drawings.
>>
>>2619432
Looks like you got a bit ahead of yourself and don't know what you're talking about. Almost all vanguardists came from the academia
>>
File: tumblr_mrgco3zVkH1qifk07o1_500.jpg (110KB, 500x604px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mrgco3zVkH1qifk07o1_500.jpg
110KB, 500x604px
He reminds me of Austin Spare
>>
I feel like my heart is being squeezed every time I see his Death and the maiden. As far as I'm concerned, if I make one piece in my life that has the power and gravity of this painting, I will consider myself a success.
>>
at the neue galerie in nyc they have a timeline of his life on the wall of his exhibit and include a photo of him literally in his deathbed as the last entry, its so fucked
>>
>>2619432
>One more guy who can't tell good anatomy if it' isn't traced from a picture.
I keep telling you loomis is bad for your perception but you never listen.
>>
>>2617676
>be egon
>bang sister
>mansion full of naked underage girls
>starve because save money for nice clothes
>Klimt is your mentor making paintings out of fucking bundles of gold leaf
>you look at your bleached canvas
>you will never be Klimt
>Spanish flue kills your pregnant wife
>he knew he would die 3 days later
>still time to sketch her dead body

based.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (193KB, 1722x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
193KB, 1722x1080px
>>2617676
too fashionable
but interesting style...
>>
the skin feel like flowing molten candlewax with residue of ashes in it
>>
They get a bit boring after a while
>>
>>2617683
/thread
>>
He was a bit dented from his family's death but had an insane style and creativity fro his time. If only he hadn't died in the war he probably would be considered one of the greats
>>
File: 1242353426546546747.jpg (15KB, 166x500px) Image search: [Google]
1242353426546546747.jpg
15KB, 166x500px
>>2619439
nah he's /ic/ tier
>>
>>2619444
yes and all of them are unsuccessful academic painters who couldn't be the best at classicism, like Picasso.
>>
>>2622012
>I have no idea what I'm talking about
bet you admire kim jung gi too
>>
>>2622067
is there a reason not to?
>>
>>2622089
seriously, his sketchbooks are incredible.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.