[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys get back on the horse after not drawing for a

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: kakukakushikajika.jpg (58KB, 640x396px) Image search: [Google]
kakukakushikajika.jpg
58KB, 640x396px
How do you guys get back on the horse after not drawing for a while?
Have you ever stopped for a period of time and found when you started back up you were considerably worse?
>>
I recently moved, switched day jobs, started planning a bridal shower and have an assortment of other daily responsibilities that have gotten worse.
During this month I just haven't touched a pen and paper (except maybe once or twice) now I have a commission I need to do and it just looks like garbage.
I can't get back in the loop. How long is it going to take to make things feel right again?
How do you keep your brain on drawing all the time?
>>
>>2617555
las has kept me drawing for half a year everyday while before I spent tne previous two years on and offing art with emphasis on the offing
>>
>>2617565
Ias? or las? what is that?
>>
I would agree with the other poster, Las helped me keep drawing. However there were days when I just couldn't draw and started submitting any old crap that I just had to quit it. I think breaks are important, long breaks for the brain to rest and feel inspired again from visual food like movies.

But that's just me. Some people just really have the ethic to keep going (see the week 1s, unless they're cheating of course.)
>>
I like to listen to art based podcasts if I start getting lazy.
>>
>>2617566
LAS - Last Artist Standing >>2615675 you don't have to participate in the threads if you don't like excessive memeing/shitposting, the actual stuff happens on an external site
>>
>>2617580
Thanks anon.
>>
>>2617555
I just start
No
>>
>>2617555
Shit that manga gave me some real emotion.
>>
I just got back on after not drawing for months. In some areas I'm worse, but I haven't lost as much as I thought I would. Now I'm just trying to get in the habit of drawing every day again, even if it sucks.
>>
I stop drawing and binged smoked weed for 2 months and i gotta say, when I decided to sober up, my art was horse shit. However i just looked at other art on instagram and got motivated to get my shit together. Now its been 2 weeks of solid drawing and I'm better than I was before, its kinda like riding a bike i guess
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.