[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /ic/ think of Frank Frazzetta?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (375KB, 912x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
375KB, 912x1200px
What does /ic/ think of Frank Frazzetta?
>>
Overrated

For some reason forced the no reference meme despite very clearly using it. Ego maybe?
>>
>>2615956
his works doesn't appeal to me desu.
>>
File: Image (9).jpg (389KB, 1600x862px) Image search: [Google]
Image (9).jpg
389KB, 1600x862px
>>2615956

His paintings are great, but his ink drawings are even better.
>>
>>2615958
Maybe a little cocky but not overrated
>>
>>2615958
Fuck you,dont you ever again talk shit about the based Frank,or im going to gorilla slam you nigger
>>
>>2615958
>despite very clearly using it
If you cannot draw anything from your imagination - it's your problem. Here's a little eye opener for you, my young friend - a lot of good artists with solid academic base can construct a human figure without using a reference.
>>
>>2615958
my dad saw him drawing once.
Dude did it from memory.
>>
>>2616481
>>2616483
Franky pls
>>
>>2616491

Ah Frankie Frazetta, ah Frank Frazetta
Frankie me boy don't know
You have the perfect hands to draw without ref
>>
>>2616601
Off his rocker
He's off his rocker
>>
He's sometimes awkward with his anatomy and proportions but the figures are meant to be subservient to the compositions. And his compositions are almost always dope. I agree that he was a bit cocky.

People often criticize his anatomy but that really isn't the point of Frazetta imo(pic related; anime tier abdominal pacs on this dude). He was able to capture a really dynamic feeling in a lot of his pieces though the subject matter is incredibly cheesy imo.
>>
File: Victorious.jpg (88KB, 711x980px) Image search: [Google]
Victorious.jpg
88KB, 711x980px
>>2616761
Another example of questionable anatomy/proportion from Frazetta. Yes he wasn't the art deity that many people seem to think he is but he's worth studying(especially composition studies). It really is a feat to be able to capture a visceral feeling; a lot of people think that being a life long athlete had a lot to do with this(he was very much into karate).

Anecdotally I can attest that my gestures became a lot more dynamic after practicing mma for a while. You visually assess your opponent's balance a lot in the sport and after doing so for long I started to see some animations and illustrations as very awkward because they'd have a character that's supposed to feel powerful in it's movement or pose and yet it's in a completely weak stance(some of Dave Rapoza's animations come to mind as an example).

I think it's important to have some sort of understanding of movement as it relates to yourself(developing a "feel" for your body I mean). It doesn't have to be fighting though, it could be anything movement related. sorry for the tangent
>>
>>2616775

Yep, I've also done a bit of MMA and other martial arts on and off over the last 10 years. I've found that it has given me a great eye for gesture aswell.
>>
>>2615956
I'm not the best at perspective but the axe's perspective looks really weird
>>
>>2616791
It is but it's subservient to the composition. The axe blade leads out to the cape which leads back to the face.
>>
>>2616795
he should have rotated the wrist a bit then to make things line up.
>>
>>2616798
That's true. It makes me think he may have started with the wrist and then realized "oh shit. this wrist position won't allow for the axe to be where I want it" like with the viking piece(the one with his arms up) it seems like maybe frazetta started with the head and then made it a little too big and got sort of stuck trying to cram the rest of the figure into the shorter space on the way down. I don't know though, I'd imagine he saw these mistakes
>>
what are you, gay?
>>
File: Frazetta.jpg (178KB, 758x436px) Image search: [Google]
Frazetta.jpg
178KB, 758x436px
>>2616481
>>
>>2616601
it seems unlikely that Frank Frazetta is samefaging on 4chan.
>>
>>2616947
he posed for it.
>>
>>2616995
He's been dead for six years, so...
>>
>>2616491
>>2616601
Frank's dead
>>
>>2618381

Nice try Frankie
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.