[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Perspective Drawing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: File_000 (3).jpg (105KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
File_000 (3).jpg
105KB, 816x612px
Will perspective drawing will me construct the human figure from imagination? Did it help any of you guys?

Learning anatomy is a bitch and my figures always come out looking like shit.

Pic related is of an exercise I did from Scott's book. Am I suppose to apply the same shit to anatomy or something?
>>
>>2610735
No, only apply what you learned to drawing cars and then you will magically wake up a master of the human body.
>>
>>2610735
Nice bread.
>>
>>2610735

for figure drawing, it's more productive to be less analytical and just get the shapes out faster. the cylinders you use to bound the limbs will be at weird angles anyway so getting it exact is impractical.

however this requires a good foundation. your exercise looks good to me.

ultimately, yes, perspective is the same when applied to the human figure, but you'll focus on key parts (i.e. collar bones) instead of defining space like you're doing there.
>>
>>2610748
Thanks mang.

>>2610738
Yeah felt like a perspective/figure drawing thread would be bigger but whatever.
>>
>>2610735
have been doing these exercises myself and its so fucking hard. keeping the lines parallel. discerning the construction lines from the actual drawing. fucking kill me already
>>
File: 1469143239376.jpg (423KB, 1273x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1469143239376.jpg
423KB, 1273x1800px
>>2610737

Don't listen to this guy. I did that and now all my humans look like that.
>>
>>2610737
This anon is a complete idiot. You need to learn perspective to draw the human figure from imagination.
>>
File: WorkHarder.jpg (403KB, 649x838px) Image search: [Google]
WorkHarder.jpg
403KB, 649x838px
Perspective is an integral foundational element in all representational art.

Do not underestimate it's importance.
>>
I imagine Scott Robertson's methods of construction don't really translate very well to human construction. There is a reason most of his lessons and similar tutorials end up with you making vehicles and buildings.

That said they do seem to help you understand space which can translate to figure drawing.

I would like to see his method applied to a full figure drawing just for shits and giggles though.
>>
File: figure-drawing-basics-20-728.jpg (134KB, 728x942px) Image search: [Google]
figure-drawing-basics-20-728.jpg
134KB, 728x942px
>>2614838
Literally thousands of tutorials utilize primitive simplification (requiring a knowledge of perspective) to create figures from imagination.
>>
>>2614848
That's not what Im talking referring to, Im talking about the technique OP used to construct his bread by projecting points across a midline and connecting the dots to form curves.
>>
>>2614815
fuck I love this
>>
>>2614851
It is basically the same thing. You need that knowledge to construct primitive blocks in different angle.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.