[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Writing my patreon description

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1467845569393.jpg (88KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1467845569393.jpg
88KB, 900x600px
So I sucked it up and made a patreon. I don't know how to write my description or what to promise. I've seen other people talk about needing to pay their rent/bills/food and I definitely don't want to go from that angle. But I am no professional who will be shipping books out to fans every week either. I've also seen people who received a lot of support at first, promising big things, and then not delivering.

How do I keep it classy /ic/?

Post examples of good patreons?
>>
>>2609539
small things mainly. Offer to ship your sketchbook when you're done to a raffle of the highest donators.
Allow donators to suggest shit.
Offer Hi-rez and your work files and work process to those to donate.
Start live streaming and then offer shit to your viewers.

Basic crap man.
>>
What do you draw, op?
>>
>>2609539
SLEEP TIGHT
P
U
P
P
E
R
S
>>
File: Screenshot_30.png (422KB, 1127x945px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_30.png
422KB, 1127x945px
>>2609539
be yourself. i've found that every layout reflects the artist's personality some how and that's how youre gonna reel em in senpai

https://www.patreon.com/randowis
https://www.patreon.com/seel
https://www.patreon.com/Kurzgesagt

wordy, pic-heavy, ect. gotta find the balance right for you.
>>
File: 1466165990560.jpg (6KB, 227x225px) Image search: [Google]
1466165990560.jpg
6KB, 227x225px
>>2609962
Thanks this is the kind of thing I am looking for. I was planning on making my page pic heavy, but not so wordy that it takes two pages to scroll down to the end.

I still would like more examples though, just so I have more references.

Does anyone upload content (for patreons to download) directly onto patreon, or do you prefer to use dropbox or some other cloud?
>>
>>2610026
>>2609962
This is a good example, but one extra tip: avoid using links. This leads visitors away from your Patreon page, so you might lose a few potential patrons.

Start with a short introductions (~100 words) that gives them the basics (what do you, what's in it for them), because a lot of people will skip the bulk of the text.

Also, you need a marketing plan. You might even turn to friends/families for your first few backers, unless you have a big following already that will be excited to hear about a Patreon page.
>>
>>2610044
Good idea about the links. That was my concern, that they'll click on the link, then click on another thing in the link, and then eventually forget about the patreon.

My intro at the moment is 250 words (intro, benefits for patrons, my updating schedule).

Oh boy. My friends don't even know that I draw and I don't talk to my family anymore. My artist self is a totally online experience and I rely on constant production (at least weekly) to keep myself afloat.
>>
I wouldn't worry as much about links as people ITT say you should, anyone dumb enough to get distracted by a link and forget what they were doing was never going to be a long term patron in the first place, the two mentalities are mutually exclusive. In fact you better have a good way of showing off the content you create so people can click that donate button with confidence that the person they're supporting has good work released on a regular schedule. And bviously if the DA/ Pixiv you link to has nothing but images on it that are watermarked to your patreon, people aren't going to forget about it so easily.

What you should avoid though is linking to content that is not your own or a page that's shared by you and other people because if someone is thinking about patronizing you and they see some other guy they may just go for him instead.
>>
>>2610147
What's your patreon
>>
>>2609539
Learn from this guy

https://www.patreon.com/christchan?ty=h
>>
>>2610272
>good way of showing off the content you create so people can click that donate button with confidence

What if I just update my patreon as much as my other pages if not more? I've seen other artists do that, their patreon has wips and stream announcements while their other pages don't.

I only have a twitter besides my patreon. Is tumblr worth it?
>>
>>2610650
The thing about patreon is that it doesn't display a lot of work all at once, compared to a DA gallery for instance. Yeah, I'd recommend tumblr because of how much stuff gets shared and spread on there. Plus if you nsfw you can put anything on there that DA won't take.
>>
File: Screenshot_5.png (302KB, 635x434px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_5.png
302KB, 635x434px
>>2610026
I personally do a little bit of everything

bi-weekly art bundles "rewards" via dropbox, patreon-only posts, and public posts for the lurkers
>>
>>2610044
Friends are gonna be your first and most loyal backers.
>>
>>2610452
Holy shit, who the fuck would want this guy's PSD files? He draws at a 14 year old level.
>>
>>2610819
Getting me a tumblr...
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.