[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I get lonely when I draw in my room. I know some proffesional

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: location.jpg (24KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
location.jpg
24KB, 480x320px
I get lonely when I draw in my room. I know some proffesional artists go to studios, but what types of locations do non-proffesional artists, like you guys, go.
>>
>>2609418
I feel ya OP.
I hardly feel inspired in my room. But I don't have the confidence to draw outside. I've tried taking pictures but its no different than just looking on my computer screen.

I've tried drawing at a park but I felt too self conscious to focus on drawing.
>>
I bought a storage unit ($130/mo) I was going to lock myself away from the world/the internet from and draw in, but there was one thing I didn't count on.

No public bathrooms.

Also the cheap tables I bought wiggle around. It's maddening.
>>
>>2609418
a cafe or coffee shop. you can't draw lewds though, or even tasteful nudes.
>>
>>2609515
Not OP but i am way too paranoid to go to a cafe and start drawing.
>>
File: 1466379162150.jpg (71KB, 431x432px) Image search: [Google]
1466379162150.jpg
71KB, 431x432px
>>2609516
lol
then you have other problems you should consider dealing with
>>
>>2609549
Like getting good enough to not look like an amateur drawing? It's what most of us are already trying to do.
>>
>>2609516
>>2609515

This, though I don't really like coffee shops too much because they always seem way to busy and everyone wants the more secluded corner spots.

I go to the sort of fancy grocery stores that have a food court and sit there and draw people there and who are checking out. Also on my lunch break I visit the waterfront park we have and draw people having lunch. You get over being self conscious. I walked around for weeks with a sketchbook being scared but now I really don't give a fuck if anyone sees me. The vast majority of people are not very observant and don't realize you are drawing them.
>>
>>2609515
>>2609516
>>2609631
OP here, I thought about going to a coffee shop or cafe, but I dislike the idea because I don't drink coffee and there likely isn't anything else I would buy at a cafe/coffee shop. My next thought was maybe a library. I could be sorrounded by other people, and I could have all those books available if I wanted to read anything for any reason.

>>2609510
Why did you buy the storage unit, if you could jus draw at home alone?
>>
>>2609510

Why not just lock yourself in your own bathroom or something and to the same damn thing you'd do in the storage unit? Why are you paying $1500 a year to go sit in a storage unit and draw?

There are programs that literally lock you out of the internet if you're so weak-willed you can't help yourself from shitposting on /ic/.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 448x486px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 448x486px
>>2609418
>but what types of locations do non-proffesional artists, like you guys, go.
>what types of locations do non-proffesional artists, like you guys, go.
> what types of locations.
>Like you guys.
>Go
>Locations
>Go.
>You.
>Guys.
>Go.
>Locations.
>What.
>>
File: loomis babby.jpg (60KB, 1016x803px) Image search: [Google]
loomis babby.jpg
60KB, 1016x803px
>>2609731
>Why not just lock yourself in your own bathroom or something

Not nearly enough room for me or my supplies my man.

>Why are you paying $1500 a year to go sit in a storage unit and draw?

To be honest I'm paying $1500 a year to store my stuff more than anything, it just so happens that I have enough room to put a couple tables in there for my art and printing equipment (I plan on printing posters/prints out of there). It's also good exercise; it's a little over a 3 mile bike ride.

Feng Zhu said something which has proved more or less true for me. He said basically that trying to work in the same room where you sleep, play and so on is distracting. So, apart from having a place where I can keep my stuff in limbo before I move out, I've got a nice little "office", too.

>There are programs that literally lock you out of the internet

I might try that out, but I still have well-meaning but nosy parents to contend with. The storage unit is practically perfect in all but a few unfortunate circumstances.
>>
>>2609418
I got to the park around 3-6am. Its nice and quiet and no one is usually out at that time.

I also read its healthy to accelerate your heart rate for at least 30 min a day.

So I walk for ten minutes, then sketch the landscape for a bit; before continuing my walk.
>>
File: wn9Ko4q.jpg (83KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
wn9Ko4q.jpg
83KB, 960x720px
>>2609515
I want to do this but I don't want my co workers looking over my shoulder
>WHATCHA DRAWIN ANON

I live in a very VERY small town. There is no escape. Just thinking about it makes me wanna mope inside my house
>>
>>2609418
I feel the same except Its not because I cant make friends... im just to tired of making them, and they are so hard to manage... i dun got the time for other people.
>>
File: storage.jpg (706KB, 1994x1492px) Image search: [Google]
storage.jpg
706KB, 1994x1492px
>>2609780
Pics for reference, lmoa. If I could gussy it up a bit it wouldn't be a bad little office. Of course, it's not ideal as-is (especially now that it's 90 degrees fahrenheit outside) but it's really easier to focus there than in my room when the weather is nicer out. Unfortunately I don't make it out there as often as I'd like/should either way.

Tablet pictured is the Cintiq 12WX. Too bad to use, too expensive to throw away. Generally besides pencils and paper I'll bring my Microsoft Surface 3 with Krita and an Intuos Medium out there for a few hours until I suspect I might be in need of a bathroom break. I also have a big ass Epson poster printer that I keep at home for the time being that takes up nearly the entirety of one of those tables.
>>
>>2609418
I go to a portrait drawing class at my local art center every week. It's nice, only costs 5$ a class and you get a live model to draw and free coffee. lots of old people though.
>>
If you live in a city (even a smaller one), there is likely a coworking space you can join.

They're usually full of web-dev people but sometimes there are other artists there. Regardless, it's a nice place to go when you don't want to work in your apartment.
>>
>>2611537
Sounded interesting at first...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-02-02/co-working-spaces-an-expensive-cure-for-loneliness

>At these establishments, the average cost of a dedicated desk—the kind you can litter with Post-its one day and find undisturbed the next—was $526 a month in 2014

...but at those prices I'd rather keep my greasy storage unit and occasional unsolicited visits to the atelier bruh.
>>
File: 1469103984364.png (293KB, 865x740px) Image search: [Google]
1469103984364.png
293KB, 865x740px
>>2609418
Don't worry. When you're dead inside you won't have that problem anymore.
>>
>>2611530
How good is everyone there? Is the instruction any good? Sounds like a steal for 5 bucks a pop
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.