[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I imrpove my pixel art?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: HES GOT A GUN.png (20KB, 693x800px) Image search: [Google]
HES GOT A GUN.png
20KB, 693x800px
I've been drawing pixel things for /a/ for several weeks now, but I want some tips on how to improve using paint.

kek
>>
Get back to the basics and apply em.

Pixel art is just the medium. If you want to make great pieces you'll need to have correct basis

I know it's not specific or even interesting, but seruously, read and study the sticky
>>
>>2607406
stop going to jojo threads please
>>
File: smash4_by_abysswolf-d8g48y5.png (1020KB, 903x885px) Image search: [Google]
smash4_by_abysswolf-d8g48y5.png
1020KB, 903x885px
Shrink your canvas. Make the most out of each individual pixel.

I suggest starting out at 100x100, trying out the style of the DS Pokemon games, then either increasing or decreasing the size of your canvas to suit your style. In my opinion, the maximum size of sprites should be around Street Fighter's size. Any bigger, and they turn into normal pictures.
>>
>>2607999
>100x100
>not even a power of 2

AHHHH
work on 128 or 64
>>
>>2607726
this
>>
>>2607708
this with a hint of >>2607999.

There's a couple issues in the OP drawing. And it's both in terms of pixel art, but also in terms of regular art (anatomy here) in general. There's not much pixel control yet.

So, I suggest mainly learning the basic principles of art. Pixel art-wise though, like they said, start with smaller canvases. I might even go as small as 16x16 or 32x32. The smaller you get, the more you are forced to really utilize each individual pixel in effective ways. From there you should increase your canvas. When you have larger canvases, there's more potential for utilizing pixels, but it gets harder because there's much more pixels to manage.

Anyway good luck and happy pixeling. I hope to see your work improve, and hope you post again soon.
>>
Stop using fucking paint for the love of GOD.

It's hideous.

Download paint.net instead, or at least configure your Photoshop.

First of all, your drawings look more like "oekaki" than actual pixel art. And yes, the fact you call it "pixel art" is fucking offensive.

Work on a smaller canvas. Pixel art relies on every fucking pixel. You change just one, and the whole picture goes to shit.

Grasp the concept of dithering, because there are no gradients on pixel art and your drawing looks flat as fuck.

Learn to use color palettes and learn how to apply antialiasing on your lines. Because the smaller, the more the pixels look like big obvious squares.

Nigger, just look at "secret of mana" or KOF sprites. That's pixel art.

There are plenty of tutorials on the internet. Avoid Pinterest as it's full of mosaic filter and bead faggotry.
>>
>>2607406
fuck off pixelfag
>>
>>2607406
pixel art is 110% autism
unleash your inner autist anon
>>
>>2607406
Pixel nigger i'm glad to see that you're finally trying to improve.
First you should learn to draw, in paper i mean practice drawin your hands, cups, hats, shit that you have in the house,
Then you should study how light does works.
Lighting and Shading is fucking important for PixelArt, it gives the depth that you're looking for.
Perspective for environments.
And stop looking up for attention, you're loosing your time people will only praise if your art is Amazing and the only way to achieve that is Training everyday, you need discipline if you're not constant you will fuck up, and it applies in other aspects of your life.
>>
File: catch a cancer.jpg (709KB, 642x860px) Image search: [Google]
catch a cancer.jpg
709KB, 642x860px
http://ketteiii.tumblr.com/
Here pixelfag, you should check this dude, his stuff is similar to the style that you attempt to do.
>>
>>2607406
1. stop using paint
2. start paying attention to pixel placement
3. learn fundamentals
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.