[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I learn the basic fundamentals

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1466789659951.jpg (39KB, 444x444px) Image search: [Google]
1466789659951.jpg
39KB, 444x444px
How do I learn the basic fundamentals
>>
>>2604817
read the sticky
>>
>>2604821
I tried but its boring. Can't you just spoon feed it to me?
>>
>>2604817
>>2604854
>being a lazy faggot that needs spoonfeeding on the basic fundamentals
Never
Gonna
Make
It
>>
>>2604851
>>2604860
>>
>>2604851
Retards like you would be better off wasting money on an arts school then.
>>
>>2604817
>
Buy a sketchbook and some 2b pencils and staedtler pens and fill your new book up with sketches and drawings of where you are

that's the first step,

then do some more,

then it's up to you if you want to study perspective, tone, modelling , proportion

depends what you want the outcome to be, a lot of artists say not to bother and find these answers from within yourself
>>
>>2604817
If you have to ask you've already failed.
>>
>>2604854
>>2605024

you have to wade through these people also

sorry, seems to be part of it, I don't agree with it but there you go
>>
>>2604817
Take art classes or personally teach yourself. Exercise what you want to get better at, no one is born a perfect artist, practice is key. Do "studies" of certain things like I do eye studies where I have pages and pages of eye drawings and ive gotten much better at drawing faces. Keep practicing and look up classes
>>
>>2604817

Okay, just fuck what everyone else said so far. Find the video version of better edwards drawing on the right side of the brain.

This is gonna boost your power level so fucking high, and you wont need to buy into the art school mememe, it's going to cost a couple bucks if you cant find a torrent but its better than an art school that will graduate you for drawing sonic fanfic comics
>>
>>2606553
Betty Edwards* Drawing on the right side of the brain
>>
>>2606553
>>2606556

Keys to Drawing > Drawing on the right side of the brain
>>
I'm not lazy, but confused.

What ARE the basic fundamentals?
Are there names? Categories?
>>
>>2604817
Proportion
Anatomy
Movement: Includes Composition and Gesture
Value
Color
Construction
Rendering: Includes Texture and Lighting
Perspective

The rest are self explanatory faggot. If you have anymore
questions, then read the sticky, instead of making an entire thread asking people to spoonfeed you.
>>
>>2604821
Its outdated and seriously needs to be changed with more up to date sources and information
>>
>>2606897

There is a new community made sticky found in the /beg/ and alt style threads. We just need an admin to replace the old sticky with the new one.
>>
File: just_merc_wip.jpg (135KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
just_merc_wip.jpg
135KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: 1468678412314.jpg (341KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1468678412314.jpg
341KB, 1200x1600px
>>2606566
/ic/ may not like to admit it but art just like any other science/profession requires an instructor to guide you over the process thru your first steps. most of the information you will find on the matter boils down to individual interpretations subjected to bias. you learn to draw by drawing because only thru drawing can you truly know what you understand and what gives you are missing. problem is everyones brain works differently. so where as someone draws the hand by following a set methodology others may rely more heavily on concepts like weight and light. and so you can't simply use other artists methods to learn how draw since you see and process information differently. here is where the professionals come into play because they already understand the process they can give you instant feedback on your progress and explain in detail exactly what you need learn since the can see your personal strengths and weaknesses. a book or a video or a quick tutorial you found online will simply share the artists specific process and approach as experience by him personally.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.