[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Roses

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

File: roseaaaa.jpg (68KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
roseaaaa.jpg
68KB, 960x960px
This is my first post so sorry if I fuck it up

I've been working on this piece using graphite for like 20 hours already
>>
that's a big nostril
>>
>>2601510
Pretty ok.
I'd like to see more of your creative side though. Post in the draw thread instead of making a new one,beginner thread if you need to
>>
>>2601510
Take another picture but without your hand and with better lighting
>>
>>2601510

This brings me back to those good old high school days when everyone would copy photos that they hadn't taken in graphite, call it art, and then everyone would circle jerk themselves over the "talent".

Do something more interesting pleb.
>>
File: 1468300150123.png (372KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1468300150123.png
372KB, 1600x1200px
>>2601515
>beginner thread if you need to
topkek
>>
>>2601513
Now that's gonna bother me haha. I never even noticed that before
>>
>>2601520
Yeah I feel you... I saw the photo and honestly wanted one for myself. Any ideas for acquiring reference pics
>>
>>2601530
draw something from imagination
>>
>>2601521

OP is definitely beginner level, mr 3d

>>2601510

This would be straight up bad if it was just the face, but I do really like the flowers. I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking at with her left eye. Focus on learning facial anatomy more in general. Keep going!
>>
>>2601537
Thanks for the honest critique! In my defense, the eye in my reference is blurry so I drew what I saw haaha
>>
>>2601541

Drawing what you see on a reference is only going to get you so far. Drawing things how you know they should look is next.
>>
>>2601521
Why is this picture posted everywhere?
>>
>>2601537
he's definitely above beginner level. he's probably better than you.
post ur work
>>
>>2601557
I'm not the guy you're responding to, but it's all dependent on whether OP used a reference for this or not. If he didn't, he's above beginner level. If he did, he's not.
>>
>>2601510
You can see the top of her right eyelid as if the eye is a little closed, while her left eye is completely open
>>
>>2601557

I'm alright, I'm not looking for a critique in this thread. "Beginner" isn't an insult, OP needs to learn form.

Also they're definitely better than me at flowers.
>>
>>2601561
how does reference even matter. A shit ton of the most successful realistic artist do it.
>>
>>2601568
because arbitrary rules about skill level defined by anons that can't even draw
>>
>>2601510
Face is a little bit goofy. Why did you poor 20 hours into something without planning it out first? Looks pretty good though, I hate working with graphite myself, but it's cool to see people that do.
>>
>>2601568
It's incredibly easy to completely rip a photo, but in comparison, it's incredibly hard to put the same picture together from imagination.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (195KB, 1080x1200px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
195KB, 1080x1200px
>>2601599
Ok? Congratz you had a harder time to accomplish something that may look worse. My point remains, the best artists ever lived relied heavily on reference. Why would you chose to take the harder road, just for hardness sake?

Also I bet almost none here is able to render photorealisticly. (I am not even a fan aesthetically speaking, but I can still appreciate the efforts)
>>
>>2601603
IMO copying shapes is a totally different skill from being able to visualize and rotate objects in 3d space with your imagination. The person who drew that rabbit can probably do both, but there are people who just train to be human photocopiers.
>>
>>2601603
>just for hardness sake?

It's not for hardness' sake, it's for creative flexibility. Being able to CREATE rather than copy. If you have something in your mind and you can't do it unless you find the perfect reference that's a problem.

That said I also get sick as shit of /ic/ acting like drawing from reference is the easiest thing ever considering a majority of this board can't do it. It's certainly easier to do something convincingly good from reference than from imagination, but naturally some fuckwits take "easier" and turn it into "easy".
And you can never expect any of those smug shits to put their money where their mouth is either so arguing with them is a waste of breath.
>>
>>2601603
>just for hardness sake

Being able to create from nothing isn't just for the sake of hardness.

There are things that are unattainable in reality that you can put down on paper without the need for a reference.

It's silly to not even attempt to gain the power of a god.
>>
>>2601614
>The person who drew that rabbit can probably do both
The Person who did the rabbit was Dürer who was famous for using a grid, aka only copying the shapes he is seeing

>>2601616
>If you have something in your mind and you can't do it unless you find the perfect reference that's a problem

Well you can always shoot reference of what you need yourself (what every artist should do anyway) and combine the parts you need. (arm of a Gorilla, face of an octopuss, whatever) But I agree, copying shapes is weakest in some kind of imaginative realism of things you cannot take reference from, things that dont exist.

>>2601617
>Being able to create from nothing isn't just for the sake of hardness.
>
>There are things that are unattainable in reality that you can put down on paper without the need for a reference.

Sure! There are things you cant use reference for. But you should use it for things there are. Why not?

I am btw not a fan of copying shapes myself because it literally takes 10 times the time construction would take and I was just using Dürer as example of how amazing that may still look.

I am not talking about practice or anything, just that you should always work with reference if you have the opportunity even when you are not copying shapes but using actual construction.
>>
>>2601617
>It's silly to not even attempt to gain the power of a god
this is one of the most pathetic things I've read here
>>
File: 5abducti.jpg (155KB, 600x870px) Image search: [Google]
5abducti.jpg
155KB, 600x870px
>>2601623
I guess he just copied this huh?
>>
>>2601623
Or maybe this?
>>
>>2601623
I'm just being a dick at this point. He could do both.
>>
File: durer-drawing.png (640KB, 640x591px) Image search: [Google]
durer-drawing.png
640KB, 640x591px
>>2601710
>>2601708
>>2601702

It is reported that he used a grid and combines parts so they fit. (The Horse, then separately the human etc.) Also I never said he JUST copied, but that his copied stuff is pretty amazing
>>
>>2601537
Wow, you're actually serious.

To put it bluntly, you're a dumbass.
>>
>>2601561
you don't know how drawing works do you?
>>
>>2601616
>>2601617
You realize that when people use reference that don't copy 1:1 right?

This fucking board I swear.
>>
>>2601537

You're full of shit, the face is pretty realistic, you can't tell someone is beginner it's a pencil drawing
>>
File: Untitled.png (36KB, 211x81px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
36KB, 211x81px
>>2602009
>>
>>2602009
>>2601993

/beginner/s detected.

>You can't tell someone is beginner it's a pencil drawing
>>
>>2601510
nigga the eyes are all messed up!
>>
>>2601603
what medium is that? Some kind of watercolor? Looks gorgeous
>>
>>2602007
Sometimes they do.
>>
>>2602899
Imo Dürer is easily one of the best, if not the best artist from the renaissance. Its Watercolor and Gouache
>>
>>2602886
>>2602023
>>2602895

Sure the eyes are messed up, but op said the focus was on the roses and those are nice, no?
>>
>>2601513
For you
>>
I feel bad accusing OP to be samefagging ITT but it certainly seems like that's why people are chimping out over people being honest and saying OP belongs in the beginner thread (which is true, by the way, this is high school-tier shit)

As for the picture itself, the eyes are completely messed up and the nose is also messed up. It also feels like you're pillow shading here, I can't seem to tell where the light source is coming from (the top of her head? The front of her face?)
You have a lot to learn about fundamentals OP so I also have to recommend going to the beginner's thread. Good luck!
>>
File: samefag.jpg (2KB, 92x45px) Image search: [Google]
samefag.jpg
2KB, 92x45px
Circlejerk yourself all you like OP. Try drawing without reference and maybe that'll break your cringy delusion

Next time post in the beginner thread ok?
>>
>>2601510
You have a bit of an eye for values at least, but the fact that you missed something as obvious as those messed up eyes tells me that that's about where your skills end. It seems you traced the lines and payed no attention, that's typically how someone messes something like that up without noticing.
>>
>>2602905
sometimes I like to suck a guys dick it doesn't make me gay.
>>
>>2602914

Hi, OP!

The roses are nice. The face is bad. You asked, we answered.
>>
>>2601520
Down with the memes ya dingus

Op's pic is nice and I doubt you could even get around that kind of results

>>2601510
Big sorry lad, but you're gonna get shit on if you do something realistic and not overly stylized because muh human photocopier

But for real It's looking great
>>
>>2607858
>we

Don't you try to push your shitty opinon as /ic/'s judgment
>>
>>2608524
>>2608526

OP stop.
>>
>>2608526

>We

The three posts you were responding to.

You haven't drawn anything since posting this, have you OP?
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.