[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Digital Fine Art

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: treeshovel.jpg (528KB, 897x1024px) Image search: [Google]
treeshovel.jpg
528KB, 897x1024px
Do you think digital art will ever be taken seriously in the fine art world?
>>
not even fine art is taken seriously in the fine art world
>>
>>2596948
No, because physically owning a unique thing is what makes fine art. You always know that digital art is not "physical" in the sense that traditional art is.
>>
>>2596955
I know your right. It really sucks though because there's all these cool possibilities and new techniques with digital that I want to use but I'm interested in the fine art world not the entertainment industry. Maybe I should switch over to graphic design or something.
>>
File: caesar-ray-12.jpg (69KB, 600x600px)
caesar-ray-12.jpg
69KB, 600x600px
what the fuck even is the fine art world

but there are some artists that can live off their digital "art"
>>
>>2596955
>>2596961
That is the thing, if you want to make money doing digital and selling it as fine art wou'll need to be a printmaker too.
>>
>>2596961
I'm genuinely curious why you're interested in the fine art world
>>
>>2597106
I like how it's the intersection of originality and societal relevance. Also I have this longing to be part of something bigger than myself. And I'm a little eccentric so I fit in with the crowd.
>>
It already is. New media and such especially. Artists really eat up pieces that experiment with new technology. More so if it tries to be scientific in some way.

>>2596955
They even sell preformances which are just directions on a piece of paper. Lack of physical original is not really an issue anyomere - they just sell gallery rights.
>>
>>2597513
>gallery rights
this

also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_and_Three_Chairs#The_concept_and_the_theory_of_art
>>
>>2596952
/thread
>>
>>2600676
shit, ignore the "jump to" link i meant to just reference the whole thing as an example of a piece in several museums that doesn't require anything unique beyond adhering to the instructions
>>
>>2596948
No, because the rich want to actually own something, not a printed out piece of paper.
>>
>>2600676
Kosuth's chairs are awesome if you think about what he's trying to say.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.