[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drawing people in public etiquette

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

Do you draw people in public?
Are there certain rules you should follow? Has anyone ever got offended at you for rdrawing them? Anyone appreciate it?
I want to draw on the bus because it lets me get better in that down time, but im worried of coming across as a weirdo.
>>
>>2596635
youre gonna get thrown off the bus
>>
Try to only draw the people occupied with a phone in the bus, they won't even notice

Other people will just search themselves a different seat, those fucking faggots
>>
Don't ever show your sketchbook.
They'll flip through it.
You'll struggle to explain.
You'll remember it forever.
>>
>>2596635
Try not to draw only young girls
>>
>>2596663
damn, thats what i like to draw
Guess old dues will work too
>>2596651
thats what im worried of
But i want to 1. draw more and 2. draw from life more
>>
>>2596659

>tfw fellow passengers found the cum tributes
>>
>>2596684
Go to a busy-ish cafe. You'll probs get a better atmosphere to draw in anyways.
>>
>>2596635
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgLR1b2D-SE
>>
>>2596703
1. with my schedule that is not possible
my job works me 10 hours a day 4 days a week and 8 hours a day on friday if were busy and its necessary (it always is)
But i have to take the bus, i get up to catch the bus at 5:42 and get to work at 6:45
Off of work at 5 a bus comes at 5:30 and i don't get home normally til 7:30
thats my life mon-fri
maybe on saturdays this could be possible, but my point is i wanted to draw on tbe bus because 1. 4 hours a day is not to shabby 2. im not doing much anyway as it stands.
>>2596706
Im not a dope ass artist yet, but im not sure what this guy does that would allow me to not seem wierd and instead cool.
>>
>>2596737
you could also just print out references and draw those while being stuck in the bus
>>
>>2596742
i have my smart phone, so i could do that
But i can do that at home, and while any drawing is good. I thought getting used to drawing from life would be helpful.
>>
I draw old people because they're always sleepy

Girls love to move around and it's hard. Also they're the easiest to draw so there's no challenge

And of course I'm scared shitless of what they'd think if they noticed me drawing them, I don't think I'm that good.

I went to Buenos Aires a couple weeks ago and in the metro/train you could always get in a seat in front of other people so it was great for practicing. Was tired of drawing profiles. People even offered to pay me for portraits and started talking to me out of nowhere. Why do they do this, I'm not good
>>
>>2596737
draw from imagination, learn construction etc
just but dont draw little girls
>>
>>2596651

Where do you live that this has happened to you / you've seen this happen to literally anyone? I've never even heard of this happening.

You might make someone feel a little uncomfortable, but I expect it's incredibly rare for someone to get so uncomfortable that they go up and talk to the bus driver about it, and then the bus driver actually find it so offensive that they tell you to get off the bus.
>>
>>2597110
Seriously. Most of the people that ask for money to draw your portrait are shithouse and could be easily out skilled by a random normie with a month's practice. If you have any skill you'll be called awesome by normies.
>>2596737
If you have a convenient lunch break you should be able to go to a local cafe for two dozen minutes and sketch there.
>>
>>2597343
I don't have a convenient lunch break . Sometimes I don't even take lunch .
When I do I'm in a van with my work buddy staring at a construction site by ourselfs usually
>>
>tfw too nervous even though it's essentially the perfect place to draw people (guys staying relatively still for a long time while sitting near you)
>don't want to be embarrassed if drawings are bad (and people sitting by my sides would probably watch), and don't want to be a bother to anyone or start conversations
>>
>>2596651
Depends on your skill level.

If you're shit, you'll end up looking like a special needs retard.

If you're any good, chances are high you get pussy.
>>
>>2596635
>>2598710

As for "etiquette".

Uhmm... Stay calm. Don't act like a creep or an autist. Act natural, as if you were texting or reading a book.

Focus more on your drawing than the model (since they move too much, you better not waste time on a 'portrait').

Be fast. The more people you draw, the less you look like a creep.

Make a lot of gesture drawings. Just try to nail the proportions.

And be polite. If people asks you to see, show them. Chances are high people will stare at you or your drawings anyways. Just smile... Or better not. No. Don't smile.
>>
If you're worried, you could always just omit people's faces.
>>
>>2598719
>Focus more on your drawing than the model
This is really important, you avoid constantly staring and looking like a creep and also improve your visual memory.
>>
>>2598833
>go to the park to practice
>drawing lots of people
>kids playing, old couples hugging
>cute girls all around
>one suddenly approaches me, smiling
>'h-hey I saw you were drawing'
>I nod, nervously
>'I think it's very cool, did you draw me?'
>blushing, I hide my face behind the book
>'aww don't be shy, let me see!'
>she grabs my sketchbook from my hands
>I just lay there, paralyzed
>100 pages full of faceless bodies

thanks /ic/
>>
>>2597110
I know who you are anon and I want to make out with you.

YOU KNOW WHO I AM

OH SHIT
>>
>>2598862
It could've been worse
>she grabs my sketchbook from my hands
>I just lay there, paralyzed
>100 pages full of fully rendered faces with Loli bodies slapped on
>>
>>2599054
No you don't
>>
I always feel weird staring at strangers so the rare occasion that I actually leave my house I just draw from imagination. And then all strangers start staring at me. fucking normie weirdos.
>>
>>2598710
I really doubt being a good artist will get you laid
Like yeah if your already good looking then maybe . But if you ugly no grills for you.
But we're not talking about picking up chicks
>>
>>2598862
lel
>>
I find that if you go along to events (house warmings, weddings, fairs, etc), tipsy people are quite open to you drawing them. It takes a lot of pressure off the staring at someone part because they're more relaxed and cheerful from alcohol...rather than more public areas where people are on edge or wired up on coffee all the time.

I've done this a few times. Only downside is that some people want to keep the drawing.
>>
File: kekering.jpg (137KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
kekering.jpg
137KB, 500x750px
>>2598862
>>
>>2599054
If you know me where am I from?

This is the first time someone replies to me with that kind of post. How exciting
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.