[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been doing Loomis exercises for a little over six months.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: 1464582184847.jpg (46KB, 600x703px) Image search: [Google]
1464582184847.jpg
46KB, 600x703px
I've been doing Loomis exercises for a little over six months. When I compare how I began to my stuff right now I see no difference whatsoever; both of them look like they were made by a child-like retard and blunder the point of the exercise in the exact same way. And these are simple exercises like the blook stuff.

I don't comprehend how to improve. What do I do when my ability to learn is this bad?
>>
>>2546062
Maybe Loomis isn't for you then. Please don't fall for the meme, his exercises don't work for everyone.
Have you tried drawing from life? Or tried copying your favourite artists style?
>>
>>2546065
>copying your favourite artists style

I can copy stuff alright, but it comes out warped and not anything like the original. Sometimes it's so bad that I can't possibly make it look like the original and I try turning it into something else.
>>
>>2546069
maybe it's a problem of you not being able to see ratios right yet.

the basic drawing videos here might help you:
http://www.ctrlpaint.com/library/
>>
File: Capturea4.png (49KB, 280x359px) Image search: [Google]
Capturea4.png
49KB, 280x359px
>>2546062
I tried loomis too, and felt like going nowhere.
Pick pic related.
In fun with a pencil, loomis tell you to make a circle, here they teach you how to make a circle. Is not that loomis is bad for learning or anything, but I feel he is focused on drawing from imagination, but I feel you still need to know how to move your pencil with certain mastery, here they teach you to draw referenced and still life, but also teaches you how to put the pencil in the paper, the way you should move them.

I haven't checked other beginners books outside of loomis and dodson, but dodson book helped me a lot. At least take a look: vk DOT com SLASH doc52667931_348064150.
>>
File: IC being champs.jpg (128KB, 1828x487px) Image search: [Google]
IC being champs.jpg
128KB, 1828x487px
>>2546062
>drawing the same circles for 6 months straight
nigger, if something clearly doesn't work, try another method, try another book, try other exercises. If you're so dedicated to improve, chew through different books, tutorials and guides because it all boils down to grit.
You need to challenge yourself, you can't get stuck with drawing sliced balls for half a fucking year and expect getting better.

I mean, holy fuck, yeah after 13 years of practice in a hermit hut you can draw a nice cocksucking circle. Is this what you want?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.