[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Git Gud?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: gittinggud.png (223KB, 747x854px) Image search: [Google]
gittinggud.png
223KB, 747x854px
What is this man saying? Did he find the secret in getting gud?!
>>
As far as I can tell from translation software, Before is after 10 years of drawing on his own, After is same artist after just 1 year of private schooling.
>>
>>2545670
ching chong wing wong ding dong
>>
>>2545690
>Before is after 10 years of drawing on his own
fucking hell
>>
>>2545713
>Deviant for 11 years
>>
The improvement doesn't look that drastic honestly
>>
>>2545670
ビフォーアフター絵を描き始めて年間ずつとビビフォーみたいなえ下手過ぎて。。。しか描けなかつたのですが1年で。。さんのおでアフターの絵けるようになりました。の方でこんなにも終わるのですね。

all I can recognize from my weebabooneese skills though I know all the kanji's intent meaning I don't know their on reading
>>
>Did he find the secret in getting gud?!

Apparently not.
>>
>>2545670
This is the blind leading the blind
>>
>>2545740

you mean read the sticky?
>>
>>2545670
Both is horrible. Drop anime now if you ever want to improve.
>>
Good enough for anime but not enough for any other kind of art
>>
>>2546299
The Before looks like a lot of shit from the beginners thread.
>>
>>2545690
>half-asses for a decade, stays shit
>pressured to work for a year, improves somewhat
>still isn't even out of beginner tier, and with fucking anime at that
>shills for the school

Thanks, OP, you've strengthened my faith in self-teaching.
>>
>>2546374
Technically it's the school using him to shill themselves, but yeah.
>>
>>2546411
Oh, I thought the student posted it.

Well that just makes it worse.
>>
>>2546374
>Thanks, OP, you've strengthened my faith in self-teaching.

He did get better and it's actually pretty neat to see. My friend whose teaching himself how to art is still unable to turn forms and flip cameras around basic volumes despite going at it for a good 6-7 years. Once you get an understanding of volumes in space, and camera to subject down, it goes -exponential- from there.

I can't speak for this specific anime centric school (the idea of such a school makes me cringe), but nobody can learn such a complex skill like art alone and without a system. There's so much you can do from watching a gnomon dvd and reading a book. You have to have a professional to tell you whatever industry you're interested in needs from you.
>>
>>2546714
>nobody can learn such a complex skill like art alone

Utter bullshit. The vast majority of professionals never went to art school, and many of them were entirely self-taught.

With sufficient resources (which the internet makes ludicrously easy to acquire), diligence, and the odd request from places such as /ic/, you can make it just fine. Most people don't, however, and it's almost always because they don't make themselves work as long or as often as they need to. The heavy pressure to keep up and get shit done is the most valuable aspect of an art school. Knowledgeable instruction (if you're lucky enough to get it) is another plus, but there's more than enough solid information available online to cover all bases, if you put in the effort to find it.

Not putting enough work in. Not searching for learning resources to address weaknesses. These are the shortcomings your friend's experience suggest, because many other people have reached levels of excellence self-teaching within 6-7 years.
>>
>>2546714
>Once you get an understanding of volumes in space, and camera to subject down, it goes -exponential- from there.
>flip cameras
?
>>
>>2546722
I agree with everything you've said, but I didn't say you have to go to an art school. Alot of professionals went to conventions, networked with people they admired and pestered them for critiques and advice. That's not going alone. You have to have peers that can elevate you (that rare internet forum), and you at least need to have one leyline at the goal post you're aiming for (that one guy you keep poking at on facebook).

This is just from personal experience... just don't go about learning how to art alone. You can cut years of heartache.
>>
>>2546724
Putting down boxes etc, and redrawing it from different angles. Sorry I said that in a retarded roundabout way. But thats the lingo I use at work.
>>
It's impossible to tell from what he posted if he even improved. They both look like studies and the bottom right figure is still fucked up.
>>
>>2546722

>The vast majority of professionals never went to art school, and many of them were entirely self-taught.

Nobody is entirely self taught. Did they figure out how linear perspective works themselves, or did they benefit from the work the old masters put into figuring that shit out? Did they dissect cadavers, or did they copy diagrams out of books that other artists wrote to learn anatomy? The guy you're arguing with is right - art is WAY too complex for anyone to figure out all by themselves. There's a huge reservoir of knowledge that we take for granted because it's easy to access with the Internet, but that's been built on for centuries.
>>
>>2546781
Good thing we have /ic/ for all of that.
>>
>>2546800
I like /ic/ no matter how ugly it gets, but anon is not a peer, they're anonymous for a reason.
>>
>>2546796
By self-taught I'm pretty sure that person was also referring to learning with books and bought lectures.

Obviously they didn't fucking learn perspective theory from scratch.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.