[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it so hard to gain loyal followers online? My style is

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

File: 1459378339241.jpg (55KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1459378339241.jpg
55KB, 720x720px
Why is it so hard to gain loyal followers online?
My style is kind of nice to look at and I'm already pandering at a certain group of poeple.
Still, the numbers are only increasing really slow. (I've got like... 400 followers in 6 months. But only around 20 actually seem loyal.)
>>
maybe the quality of your work is really shit?
>>
>>2536564
nah, probably not
>>
>>2536575
Blog?
>>
>>2536578
this is not supposed to be a thread to shill my art, so no.
>>
just show us any work of yours
>>
Then what do you mean by loyal fans? you mean the ones who click the like button to your posts? i dont know i just follow to look at the art commonly and be inspired.
>>
>>2536596
I'm mostly talking about writing comments, watching your livestreams, reblogging your posts and actively showing interest in your personal projects
>>
>>2536563
>asks whys it hard to gain loyal followers online?
>no link to art

You already know the answer OP
>>
>>2536598
Personally i would be happy with the 20 loyal ones then mang
>>
>>2536600
My blog is linked in the self promotion thread.
I just don't want my art to be connected with a complaining thread. Just to be safe, you know.
>>
>>2536607
Youre already posting your art and identifying yourself on 4chan retard
>>
Do you interact with people? I've noticed the amount of followers I gain is directly proportional to how much I interact with others, while posting content alone has essentially no effect, regardless of quality. (And yeah, producing good content helps, but you really gotta go out of your way to talk to people for it to work imo. Otherwise people might as well not know you exist.)
>>
>>2536614
Nah. your work is very important. thats why people even follow others is cause they enjoy your work,atleast that has been my experience. being open to your audience though is very important aswell.
>>
>>2536614
I talk to them a bit, but maybe not enough.
I also don't have any real art friends to make collabs and things like that.
>>
File: Linkle.full.1941698.jpg (747KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Linkle.full.1941698.jpg
747KB, 1080x1080px
is this your level?
no?
your art is shit, motherfucker
>>
>>2536614

What are good ways to interact, anyway? Say on tumblr. What exactly do you do?
>>
>>2536563
>>2536575
I don't engage at all, my art is pretty fucking shit and I have around 800 followers in 6 months. I can only imagine your art is even shittier.

Post a cropped picture only showing lines and some color, or even just the body.
>>
>>2536655
Haven't used a tumblr, but the advice that seems to come up whenever that question is asked is to try to pander to people as much as possible. Draw fanart of popular stuff, ask people for what they'd like to see you draw. An art giveaway might also attract attention if you already have a viewerbase, though that's not something I've seen many art blogs do (it's common with other types of blogs).

Besides that, the same way you do on other websites. Follow people, talk to them, send asks, like their stuff if you don't reblog anything. Most people are gonna get curious if you go out of your way to interact with them and so will at least view your blog (and probably follow if the content matches what they enjoy).

Fanart is really what seems to go viral the most, though. I rarely see people reblog art simply because it's cool, it has to be cool and related to something they like.
>>
>>2536659
How about you post your art if you wanna prove the OP a point? I'm kinda curious to see what "shitty art with 800 followers" looks like.

>>2536647
At this point, I can't tell anymore if people post ilya kuvshinov to troll or because they genuinely like it.
>>
>>2536670
>I can't tell anymore if people post ilya kuvshinov to troll or because they genuinely like it.
What's wrong with her art? I think some are just jealous that she has a massive following.
The only thing I can find wrong is too many bust drawings.
>>
>>2536670
>lelpostyourart.png
>>
>>2536673
you better not be the person I was quoting, because if you are and fail to see the irony in your statement that's fucking hilarious
>>
File: tumblr_o6tb7eMmx81qla6e4o1_540.jpg (74KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6tb7eMmx81qla6e4o1_540.jpg
74KB, 540x540px
>>2536672
Ok, now I know why she does too many bust drawings, jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>2536691
Huh? What's wrong with this? Or is it the ugly filter and in-photo pencil?
>>
>>2536692
Legs and feet are massive red flags.
Body isn't good either.
>>
>>2536695
Oh gods...
Just notice the snapped shin.
>>
>>2536672
I don't particularly care about Ilya one way or another.

I can see how the fact that he draws nothing but pretty girls with sameface (despite being an otherwise skilled artist) would rile up people a lot here. I think that him seemingly being an inspiration to so many people on this board is pretty funny, and I really can't tell if people like him or hate that others look up to him.

(And like, if you wanna become good to draw nothing but a bunch of pretty girls, that's your business. I see no reason to get mad at that.)
>>
>>2536704
Eye pleasing and consistent I can appreciate. But as an inspiration, fuck no.
>>
>>2536563

There's only a few reasons why you can't get the followers. Either you're not posting regularly enough, you aren't posting anything people want to see or your expectations for gaining followers over a given amount of time is too unrealistic.

Social media is flooded with tons of art. If you're just painting generic shit at an amateur level you're going to blend in with everyone else's generic shit.

Despite the tumblr lottery cases, shit art with thousands of followers, the reality is most people spend a long time building an audience. Unless what your posting is pretty good quality (pro level work, whatever that means to you) I'd expect it to take years of constant and regular posting to slowly get a sizeable fan base, unless you're pandering to niche art groups. (see tumblr lottery winners)

6 months honestly, if you're not established, doesn't seem like that long of a time.
>>
File: snappedshin.jpg (191KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
snappedshin.jpg
191KB, 540x540px
>>2536699
>>
File: robot_final.jpg (763KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
robot_final.jpg
763KB, 900x900px
>>2536716
>>
>>2536753
Okay, I can see what's wrong (arm seems kind of off) but I couldn't do any better, so I'm not gonna make fun of it.
>>
No matter how many followers you have, probably less than 10% of them are actually active. The others are either less frequent users who check in once in a while and the others are probably dead accounts.

So basically getting more followers will hopefully increase the amount of "loyal" followers, and also you should try to communicate with them more too so they feel a bit more connected to you.
>>
are you the guy on deviantart that posts gorillions of half assed sketches with no detail but good design? i unwatched because you didnt respond to my fucking comment. if thats not you then try responding to everyones comments
>>
>>2536859
Not the guy you replied to nor the one you're talking about in your post, but man, I do that all the time. People comment on my art and I don't know what to reply and just saying "wow, thanks!" to every single person feels really redundant and awkward.

If they have an actual question or something, I always reply, but Is not replying to a "I really like this!" comment really something some people will take as offense towards them and unfollow you over it?
>>
>>2536563
It's impossible to answer unless you post your art.
Artists, particularly those who aren't very skilled, are notoriously poor at judging their own skill level, so we simply can't trust your judgement.
>>
>start a twitch/stream channel
>cleavage
>insta million followers
>?
>profit
>>
post your art or your blog, op
>>
File: 1464065366321.jpg (58KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
1464065366321.jpg
58KB, 408x408px
>>2536672
>just jealous
>>
File: 1464227596220.jpg (153KB, 540x640px) Image search: [Google]
1464227596220.jpg
153KB, 540x640px
>>2536691
>>
>>2537037
I too would hang myself if I were never able to walk again
>>
>>2536563
Hello anon, 2 weeks ago I make new social media to make furry money. You are failing because you are dumb or lazy. I post finished piece every day and I have 200 twitter followers and I get a dozen new FA DA Tumblr watches and follows every day.

If brand new use followback tags on Twitter and Instagram whenever have good number clear spam and start interacting. Thank you for watch, oh your shirt art so cute. Search for similar art and like and follow them and comment. Search for people who buy commissions and tell them there shit taste is cute. Stop beinglazy pander more
>>
>>2536563
You say you are pandering to people like you're looking down on them, you count them as numbers instead of people, because one person alone means nothing to you.
How do you expect people to loyal to you when you're obviously not to them?
>>
>>2537260

You know that the lower leg appears curved in foreshortening, right? It doesn't look broken to me. Her upper body looks massive compared to her legs though so there is definitely some fuckery going on with the proportions.
>>
>>2537557
I'm sure making NSFW art helps you get follower faster
>>
>>2537707
No there are million times better artists with less likes views etc and i am brand new. To get people when you are nobody you must make them feel special. When you are somebody they will come to you
>>
>>2536691
that fucking leg
though t b h most digital artists for some reason seemingly lose like 40% of their skill when they attempt traditional, different workflow probably
>>
>>2536614
>but you really gotta go out of your way to talk to people for it to work imo
and what kind of things do you talk about?
>>
File: 2 god.jpg (1MB, 1535x877px) Image search: [Google]
2 god.jpg
1MB, 1535x877px
>>2537734
fuck u
we are the future
motherfucker
>>
>>2537822

>that left arm
>>
>>2537833
Ok, we aren't the future
>>
My girlfriend is really bad at art. I try to encourage her to practice and study the fundamentals. I am always telling her about my books and teaching her and giving her lessons but all she wants to do is skip far ahead and splash paint on canvas. The thing is she's always disappointed with the end result of her work for obvious reasons. Yet she keeps doing this. She's a bit thick headed i suppose. Anyway, how would you anons deal with this?

Didnt want to make my own thread and i figured this is as close to a question thread as i'll find
>>
>>2537892
someone please reply
>>
>>2537892
Just let her be and do whatever until she moves on with life and forgets about drswing
>>
>>2537577
are you retarded
that leg is fucking jacked up dude
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.