[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Critique please

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: tree1.png (235KB, 510x778px) Image search: [Google]
tree1.png
235KB, 510x778px
This is my first tree.
Critique?
>>
File: tree2.png (237KB, 510x778px) Image search: [Google]
tree2.png
237KB, 510x778px
Which one is better?
>>
Is..is it stylized?
>>
>>2522991
y--yy-y-y-yy-yes oh my gawd
don't start your sentences like that
literally triggered.

Listen you fuckwad. You're only able to say nice things on the internet.
If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
I took this post as a personal attack, and now that my feelings are hurt, I need to scamper off somewhere else you dang durty torlll
>>
Looks nothing like a tree, use reference
>>
>>2523035
>pretending to be me
>>
File: IMG_20160418_180548.jpg (3KB, 83x90px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160418_180548.jpg
3KB, 83x90px
>>2523035
>>2523050
>>
File: what.png (910KB, 769x555px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
910KB, 769x555px
>>2523035
kek
>>
It Looks more like broccoli than a tree; use reference.
>>
File: Pepe tree.jpg (185KB, 510x778px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe tree.jpg
185KB, 510x778px
>>2522832
>>
>>2523035
>literally
>>
>>2523083
ayy
>>
so i'm pretty sure this is a troll thread, but in the case that it isn't, hey, i painted this in about an hour last night, and i'm wondering what 4chan thinks of it.
>>
>>2523475
lovely
except there are hardly any shadows
and the road blends into the background and that makes it look weird
I also dont like color of the umbrella, but that is just personal
>>
>>2523475
I think if it had more in terms of texture it would be perfect.
>>
>>2523475
Nice. My feedback would be:
- The colors are too muddy, they're mixed together far too much.
It looks as though you're relying on over-loading the brush with paint but then blending it into existing strokes rather than making new ones.
Consider learning more about working with a dryer brush and combining it with other techniques through the pallet knife in order to build distinct base shapes.

- Also as other anon mentioned, it lacks texture.
Don't be afraid to squish out your bristles to achieve tree leaves or grass.

- Finally, the lighting among the right-side lamps is over-worked.
A simple bit of bristle work along the silhouette of the trees would've done the trick, as opposed to painting individual leaves with lots of small brush strokes.

Watch some Bob Ross. A lot of his work targets small time-frames of anywhere between 20 minutes to an hour, so the techniques being used will help flesh out a lot of the detail or texture required in such scenes.
>>
>>2523475
It's shit.

t. 4chan.
>>
>>2522832
If it's not supposed to look like a weird tree, maybe you should make it less round and more bushy. Like, with branches and stuff. A lot of trees split on the trunk and only grow most of their leaves upwards from that point.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.