[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Attempting impressionism, oil on canvas

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: treeandmountains.jpg (404KB, 1278x913px) Image search: [Google]
treeandmountains.jpg
404KB, 1278x913px
Attempting impressionism, oil on canvas
>>
>>2522408

If you look at impressionist paintings, you'll notice that although they are stylized, the landscapes are still very believable. I think it would help you to do studies of landscape from observation, and then try impressionism again once you're more adept at conveying a realistic scene.
>>
>>2522413
I know, I dIdnt use reference for some reason, thought it would just be a sketch. Also I only had like 2 drops of white
>>
Looks like you painted a background and then dotted lines on it instead of having dotted lines make up the scene
>>
>>2522408
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk9XruRJPbY
>>
File: treeandmountains.jpg (1MB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
treeandmountains.jpg
1MB, 1600x1067px
I fixed it up a little bit, is it better?
>>
low effort bullshit
>>
>>2523962
Paint a real landscape instead, the perspective and just believability of this one is bad.
>>
>>2524016
This. You have to really sell the forms and perspective if you're going to do an impressionist painting, or else it just looks like it was painted by a child.
>>
you don't have any idea about impressionism

it would help if you knew what you were doing
>>
>>2524055
this. you're aping post-impressionist styles (van gogh, pointilism), mistaking that for impressionism, and forgoing the plein air approach that these artists use. as a result, it is illastrat-tier shit.
>>
waste of paint/10
>>
>>2522408
Wow, that's quite a nice style... I'd like to see more elements with a less open foreground, but that is simply beautiful anon.
>>
>>2523962
It is better, although I'd recommend using a small white taklon brush for foreground details.

Could you put a row of dancers in the front? Picnic tables?
>>
>>2524399
>>2524398

Thanks anons.

The problem is that I only had a medium size brush so I couldnt really make the points smaller towards the background for depth or to add details. Also ran out of white half way through.

Im still waiting for the white to get delivered but then I will try again
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.