[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

redpill me on basquiat, did he really make it or was he part

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 275x183px
redpill me on basquiat, did he really make it or was he part of a money laundering scheme
>>
>>2517174
He did what he wanted to do, but his success was largely owed to warhol
>>
He appealed to a crowd of people who like to be asked why they like his work.
>>
>>2517174
Ya warhol had a lot to do with his success. I personally really like his art because its fun but also has a message. His style is almost impossible to imitate as many artist have tried and failed miserably as I'm sure you've seen. If you think he's shit you have to sort of look at the context of the time. Theres always going to be movements that are anti traditional art and anti establishment, the key is doing it correctly and many artist can't do that like he did.
>>
>>2517491
I dunno dawg, if you ever watch him interviewed, you'll learn that he's basically retarded.
>>
>>2517500
I have seen interviews and know what u are saying. That being said I just think from visual standpoint his paintings are "striking" and grab my attention. But to each their own
>>
>>2517174
art worlds token nigger artist. his work was shit.
>>
>>2517174
Partly money laundering, partly pretentious delusions.

Anyone who says they like him is automatically disregarded as an artist. They just "like" him because they think that makes them look like true sophisticated artists.
>>
>>2517509
>basquiat
This.
One of the first things we did in art school was study his "brilliant" work, I drop out shortly after as it was obvious that is the route they where taking students.
>>
File: basquiat-pure shit.jpg (207KB, 1400x1181px) Image search: [Google]
basquiat-pure shit.jpg
207KB, 1400x1181px
>>2517174
look at how shit his work is. Let the fact that you even know his name be the red pill.
Andy Warhols pet Nig.
>>
>>2517660

I see a cock n balls!
>>
>>2517520

>any famous artist i dont like's art is clearly just used for money laundering!

god, this is such a shit argument; it's completely unprovable either way.
>>
>>2517660
B R I L L I A N T
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.