[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not burnout but something like it?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 8

File: 1460760764040.png (151KB, 421x500px) Image search: [Google]
1460760764040.png
151KB, 421x500px
He /ic/ I usually don't post here very often although I do lurk alot, I've recently began working and as of late I don't seem to have the drive to draw. Its not that I'm not lacking motivation or anything of the sort, I'm still very observant and study visually to build my visual library. I still look at art and collect reference and all that jazz. However, it seems like I just have an issue getting the pencil to the paper or the stylus to the tablet. This is strange to me because literally the day before my first day of work I was fine. Drawing/painting for 5+ hours a day, feeling great and all. But even after getting my brake from work(work part time) I didn't really sit down and focus up like I usually do, I just couldn't dedicate my brain to it. My body and everything just felt awkward, maybe it is just a change in my mindset, but when I tried to force it, I can only go for like 30 minutes before I lolly gag for like an hour or so. Usually it would be like the inverse, stay focus for like an hour and half and enter a 30 min rabbit hole, and then I'd snap out of it.

Does anybody have any clue what could actually be happening, I don't like not practicing and studying.
>>
File: hp.png (4MB, 3600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
hp.png
4MB, 3600x2400px
>>2515264
I will post some of my work, I still think I'm a bit of a beginner so feel free to crit my shit senpai...
>>
File: hp2.png (2MB, 3600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
hp2.png
2MB, 3600x2400px
>>2515266
head planes...
>>
File: warmup.png (2MB, 2400x2455px) Image search: [Google]
warmup.png
2MB, 2400x2455px
>>2515268
study from beginner thread
>>
File: warmoo.png (2MB, 2400x3600px) Image search: [Google]
warmoo.png
2MB, 2400x3600px
>>2515269
>>
File: anatomy paints.png (4MB, 2400x3600px)
anatomy paints.png
4MB, 2400x3600px
>>2515270
I might fallout from exhaustion but I will really appreciate the help if any responses do arise.
>>
>>2515268
lol its like the black version of the real thing
>>
>>2515273
i was playing with the asaro heads although I didn't about it like that until now. lol.
>>
pretty sure we all get that every so often, maybe just start doing something new. you're doing a lot of figures so maybe try perspective/form (scott robertsons book is great) or machinery/mechs, environments etc.

i went through the exact same thing last year when i was only doing figures. i decided to stop and focus on other things for a few weeks and somehow my figures got a lot better after that 'break'. now i try and vary what i'm doing through the day. i know a lot of people on here say you should only do one subject at a time, but i've found working on 2 or 3 subjects through the day is enough to keep me consistently interested. e.g. i'll spend 2 hours on perspective, 2 hours on figures, then 2 hours on painting, and because every time i switch subjects it's fresh, it's a lot easier for me to be 'learning' rather than just doing mindless drawing
>>
File: fishlet.png (2MB, 3102x1806px) Image search: [Google]
fishlet.png
2MB, 3102x1806px
>>2515278
ah that seems interesting, I've played around a bit, but I definitely not enough to say that I haven't been focusing on mostly figures understanding the plane changes of the face. I did some fish studies though, I got inspired by the mr.jack goldfish painting, shit is cash af.

My execution needs a shot ton more work though.

do you think having a schedule would be beneficial?
>>
File: shark.png (3MB, 2400x3600px) Image search: [Google]
shark.png
3MB, 2400x3600px
>>2515282
>>2515278
>>
Changes in routine will fuck with you.

I actually had a reasonably steady habit going when I was working full time, then my contract ended and I had more free time and my productivity floored. I'm just now getting my bearings and starting to fix up a new routine.

You just need to reorganize your day when it changes and create a new routine to work with, you'll get back into the feel of things.

Also

>>2515266
>>2515268

Your rendering and values here are fine, the forms are visible, but you seriously need to spend longer on your underdrawing. Those heads are wonky as shit assuming you were trying to replicate the reference.
>>
>>2515314
Ah okay, I'll take this into consideration.

Also I think for the first one(did these maybe a month ago) I can't remember if I was focusing on my lines during the lay in, but I know for the second one I wasn't. Thanks m8
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.