[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this traced? or just shitty line control

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: sfsf.png (162KB, 872x1300px) Image search: [Google]
sfsf.png
162KB, 872x1300px
Is this traced? or just shitty line control
>>
maybe
yes
why do u care
>>
Scanlators are notorious for bombarding scans with filters that warp, smudge, sharpen, etc, to make shit look less scanned. I wouldn't trust a scanlation as a proper representation of the original printed artwork without comparing them myself, same as I would never trust their translations to be correct. Scanlators are all a bunch of dipshits.
>>
>>2510780
cuz it looks like its made by the wikihow artist
>>
>>2510774
half and half
>>
>>2510774
I think he just doesn't give a damn anymore.

How long has Naruto been running?
>>
>>2511162
too.
>>
>>2510774
Mangas are usually inked by assistants and are produced in super crunch mode, so it's possible that anyone in the studio who knew half a shit about inking was too swamped with work and they let some newbie ink stuff to meet deadlines.
>>
Narutard here. This is the new Boruto series not drawn, but authorized by the original author of Naruto (Masashi Kishimoto). Instead, one of his assistants / associates is taking the reins for the art and story. Hence the odd linework.

It's early, I'm sure the new dude will get cleaner with time. In fact, I like how the chapter opens with a glimpse of the future. That moment will be a benchmark of comparison for how much the artist has improved as he will have to revisit that scene again.
>>
>>2510787
Yeah, scanlators have to redraw some portions, and most scans look shit compared to the real thing.

The One Piece volumes I own look far better than the scans out there.
>>
>>2511180
^this.and...
>>2510787
This

Not to mention this guy has to be shitting pages out asap to stay ahead of the curb and get a few months ahead. Coupled with opening chapters being 60+ pages on average and he has had maybe 6 months to get the story mapped out, new characters concept and the pages drawn, that is a huge constraint especially knowing he is trying to follow such big foot steps. Shits brutal.
>>
Can anyone explain to a newfag what line control and line weight means?
>>
>>2510787
you are shitting on people who do tons of work for absolutely free
>>
>>2511721
>line control
Does the line go exactly where you want it to?
Are curves smooth when they're supposed to be smooth?
Is the weight consistent when it's supposed to be consistent?

>line weight
Thickness of the line.

Look at the chin in the first panel. You can the line wiggles for no good reason and the line weight is very inconsistent.
>>
>>2511180
Narutard..now there's a word I haven't heard in a long time. Makes me nostalgic.
>>2511530
>stay ahead of the curb
That does sound brutal
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.