[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is this and why is it in a museum?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3469.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3469.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
What is this and why is it in a museum?
>>
>op doesn't get it

i bet you don't have the ligameme either
>>
>>2494294
This kind of art is made and enjoyed by superior human beings. Most of us just cannot comprehend the beauty and true meaning of this piece. We will never be able to understand and appreciate. I admire those who can. I wish I had the spark.
>>
>>2494294
Cy Twombly?

And why wouldn't it be?
>>
>>2494294
>What is this
Trash.
>why is it in a museum?
Because people are retarded.

Know what else is retarded? Posting rhetorical questions on a message board.
>>
>>2494294
It's in a museum, therefore it's art.
This is an actual explanation supported by some art philosophers by the way.
>>
>>2494479
>rhetorical questions

I don't think you understand what those words mean?
>>
>>2494294

Someday someone will load their anus up with water, walk into that museum, pull down their pants, and spray away on it.

It will be an improvement too.
>>
>>2494487
The OP posed the question not in search of an honest answer but with an ulterior motive (to bait/shitpost/search for circle jerk of affirmation). Duh. Are you stupid?

(that was another rhetorical question)
>>
>>2494294
okay come on. of all the abstract artists to be angry at why twombly? he has more drawing skill on display than like any of those guys.
>>
>>2494510
Or maybe, OP posed the question in search of an honest answer? Have you ever thought about that smart ass?

(that was a real question)
>>
>>2494294
Who are you and why are you in a museum?
>>
>>2494512
This literally the bathroom wall of a high school what do you mean
>>
>>2494649
underrated toast
>>
File: analysis.jpg (494KB, 3264x2448px)
analysis.jpg
494KB, 3264x2448px
>>2494548
Fine. Cy Twombly masterwork explained.
>>
>>2494483
Well they aren't wrong
>>
>>2494756
>blood from dead bird from gf's freezer

underrated
>>
>>2494512
>he has more drawing skill on display than like any of those guys

Funny, I don't see it.

>>2494649

A citizen of the community who funds the existence of this shitty stockpile of "art" by buying overpriced tickets with disposable income.
>>
I actually enjoy some of cy's work. Not this one but some. See you may not like it but it had cultural impact in the art world for his era. That's why it's in a museum and not a gallery.
>>
>>2494294
What's the matter OP?

Too deep for you?
>>
>>2495161
>Paying to get into Art galleries.

Oh America...
>>
Garbage and because of cultural marxism
>>
File: 1340348810834.jpg (12KB, 460x345px)
1340348810834.jpg
12KB, 460x345px
>>2494649
>Who are you and why are you in a museum?
He in museum, therefore he is art.
>>
>>2496810
>current year
>not hanging yourself in a museum
a shiggy diggy
>>
>>2495949
Bingo.

His photos are pretty cool as well.
>>
>>2495949
"cultural impact "
" the art world "
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.