[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with frustration?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: frustrated-blond.jpg (73KB, 600x593px) Image search: [Google]
frustrated-blond.jpg
73KB, 600x593px
How do you guys deal with frustration?, its part of being an artist but sometimes I try to bulldoze my way when I frustrated but it seems like the work I produce is subpar.

Does anyone else experience this?.
>>
>>2488593
try to make what you're doing as fun as possible. always take some time to draw things that you enjoy drawing and ignore the quality. try and make finished pieces that you spend at least a few hours on if you don't do that very often
>>
File: 454545452.jpg (69KB, 800x1024px) Image search: [Google]
454545452.jpg
69KB, 800x1024px
Hey I'm just attaching to this thread cause I don't want to make a new one. It's not really traditional art and not too original I know. What you're looking at is the (appropriated) images of 25 different women superimposed something something woman as deity.. I donno.. Just wanted to show some people.

And to answer OP, yeah frustration is a big part of making choices, which I guess art can be seen as thousands of deliberate decisions. It helps me to think back on other things I made that looked like crap mid-process and turned out to be not bad in the end. When you find yourself bulldozing you really gotta ask yourself if it's going in a good direction or savable at this point. Don't fall victim to the sunk cost fallacy ie: it may not be worth it to continue just because you have already put a lot of work into it. But also don't throw out too much because that's counter-productive. It's a delicate balance. Also, deep breathing, close your eyes and pretend you're on a deserted island on the beach, chamomile tea, take a break and continue later in a different state of mind, shit like that.
>>
>>2488593
>Stretch
>Wash face with cold water
>listen to something new (random playlist from tube)
>dont drink to much coffe

Also i hate my current job so i always feel motivated to draw when i come home
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.