[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is using a stabilizer cheating?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: 1286048787337.jpg (3KB, 126x120px) Image search: [Google]
1286048787337.jpg
3KB, 126x120px
Is using a stabilizer cheating?
>>
no rules, just tools
>>
>>2478311
Yes.
>>2478326
Kill yourself.
>>
>>2478337
Nah, I'd rather annoy worthless shitstains like you who blame their life being a failure on the existence of some photoshop plugins. You're never going to make it anon. You were born in shit and you will die in shit. Might as well end things now.
>>
>>2478341
>>2478337

> being this mad
>>
>>2478311
Tablets are approximating your strokes all the time and make errors because of this.
If you turn off your stabilizer then you're fighting the tablet as you try to beat its approximations.
If you turn on your stabilizer then the tablet is fighting you as it tries to fix its mistakes.

Don't be a fucking 16 year old pretentious fuck and realize that any tool that helps you succeed is a tool that will land you a job one day.
>>
>>2478311
no. anyone that says different is fucking retarded.

I use a stabilizer for two reasons. First, it let's me easily adjust the pressure curve on my desiktop as well when I work on my tablet. The tablet only has 256 levels and the pressure curve makes it feel a lot more natural once it's adjusted.

Second, even cintiqs produce wobbly lines sometimes if you are zoomed out a little bit too much or moving very slowly. The stabilizer removes those wobbly lines. Also depending on your version of photoshop or painting software using a stabilizer removes angular strokes if you are painting too quickly in a curve or circle.

They just help it for more natural and get rid of digital artifacts.

People are retarded.
>>
>>2478389

If you use stabilizers you might as well trace or just copy and paste
>>
>>2478337
>>2478421
post your work
>>
>>2478421

So with that logic using a brush and real ink is cheating, because it is more stable than a line drawn with a tablet?
>>
for line art i think its good, but for coloring i dont think it good. if you got a intous you really dont need it but if you got a different tablet then you might wana use it because you'll get low quality wobbly lines. but with a intous being on 1 would be good
>>
No using any software by itself is using a form of stabilizer
>>
>>2478421
>trace or just copy and paste
incidentally, that's what us with jobs do
>>
NO ROOLS JUST TULES
>>
>>2478461

Not at all. You have LESS control with a stylus, not more than a physical brush. Digital has more room for error which makes the inking process easier as a whole but making actually appealing lines is harder with digital. Especially if you're using Photoshop which has a garbage brush engine.
>>
Nothing is cheating.

>But stabilizer looks like shit and less natural in my opinion
>>
>>2478560

that looks like shit
>>
There's this drawfag in /co/ drawthreads that uses the stabilizer all the time, even during the sketch.
I don't wanna hang shit on the guy's art,

but don't the lines look dead to you.

I don't think it's cheating, but I do think you lose something natural when you use it.
>>
>>2478680
i guess it really depends on what you're going for though. If your going for clean cut cartoon / illustration then sure, use a stabilizer. You just have to know how to use it well with color and texture so it doesn't look "dead".
>>
>>2478311
not really, just lower it through time.
>>
File: 1448905546121.jpg (16KB, 261x163px) Image search: [Google]
1448905546121.jpg
16KB, 261x163px
So I don't use a tablet and I just looked up what a stabilizer is. On lazy nezumi:

>Clean line-art taking forever?
>Forced to make fast strokes to avoid seeing any jitters?
>Hand shaking when you draw?

Isn't "bad lines" from your pen just... you? Why would you tried to hide your mistakes?

If this comes off as bait I'm sorry. I'm ordering a tablet next week and wanted to know about it.
>>
>>2479048
I can get straight lines on paper when I practice in libraries, but when I get home and use my tablet lines get shaky.

Problem is that digital makes approximations and takes averages. If you go up slightly when drawing it goes up a lot.

Stabilizer slows down your strokes and analyzes what counts as a legitimate movement and what counts as an error in the tablet.
>>
>>2479056
Lots of try hards want to make their lives miserable by fighting technology when they could just face the fact that tablets are imperfect and you don't need surgeon hands to draw on them.
>>
>>2478421
I'm going to stick with my original post and say that you are clearly fucking retarded.

Just the dumbest mother fucker I have seen today.
>>
>>2478691
it doesn't have to look dead if that's not what you're going for. You obviously need to know how to ink even if you use a stabilizer. It's not going to magically make your line widths create the illusion of form and lighting on it's own.

>>2478680
This just looks like illustrator or pen tool. Some people like that look.
>>
>>2479057
>>2479056
ARE YOU IDIOTS USING SOME OFF BRAND OR OLD SHIT TIER WACOMS? THIS SHOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM.
>>
File: Neanderthal-610x356.jpg (38KB, 610x356px) Image search: [Google]
Neanderthal-610x356.jpg
38KB, 610x356px
>>2478337

fingernail scratch on wall only way of art
tool-user no artist
>>
>>2478337
>>2478421
>4 (You)s each
good bait fampai
>>
>>2479121
My ears hurt.
>>
>>2479136
FUCK YOU
>>
yeah
>>
>>2481037
/thread
>>
>>2478311
Drawing on a tablet fucking sucks, so I'll use anything that can make it less terrible.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.