[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else have a backlog of unopened/unplayed games due to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: games.jpg (807KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
games.jpg
807KB, 2448x3264px
Anyone else have a backlog of unopened/unplayed games due to focusing on art? They constantly taunt me, but they're also a badge of honor and proof to myself that I'm dedicated to getting better.
>>
I was in the exact same situation as you op. I only put like 14 hours into xenoblade x before dropping it to work on art. However I bought a PS4, MGSV, and FF type 0 last week and I can't stop playing MGSV. Its one of the best games I've ever played. I really want to work on my art but MGS too good.
>>
Games are for children.
>>
>>2475595
I actually try to play games during breaks in drawing, but I get an overwhelming feeling of guilt and dread. I just don't want to be another person who fails at art and has to work for some corporation like everyone else. I'd kill myself if that was my fate.
>>
>>2475600
Some of these games are 16+ tho

I started a few games before I started school and now I haven't had any time to play them. Especially cause my fiance drags me out to our friends' houses whether I have homework or not so I don't get to enjoy the brief moments where I don't have shit to do.
>>
>>2475590
Darksiders II is great tho
>>
>>2475590
>dragon age
>asscreed
was about to call you out on your shit taste but then i saw W101
>>
>>2475590
All I'm seeing is your collection of no gaems
>>
File: HLD_Screenshot_01_rise_1080.png (137KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HLD_Screenshot_01_rise_1080.png
137KB, 1920x1080px
You don't play games because you don't actually have any games.

Try something like Hyper Light Drifter both for gameplay and art feels.
>>
>>2475639
>pixelshit
>indieshit

no thank you
>>
>>2475600

Artists are children. Pick a real mans career, Mr. Adult.
>>
>>2475641

Oh boo hoo hoo, put another unopened AAA on your shelf or play games from 15 years ago for the n-th time as you do.

Seriously, try it. It actually is very visually appealing and gameplay is both fun and challenging.
>>
>>2475639
I liked this, good looking game and the difficulty is mostly on point aside from some bosses being pushovers if you have any upgrades, and the horrible puzzle-platforming sections where you have to dash through falling/fire platforms. But that 30 fps and horrible keyboard and mouse controls, ugh.
>>
>>2475639
What's with this recent obsession on retro nostalgia? They only look like a /vr/ game, they never play like one. They're never insanely difficult or anything else associated with 80s/90s vidya.
>>
>>2475590
killyourself
>>
File: 1457877665069.jpg (24KB, 480x354px) Image search: [Google]
1457877665069.jpg
24KB, 480x354px
>Didn't buy a PS4
>Will never play Bloodborne
>Even after playing all of the previous souls games

WHY, I know I would love the shit out of this game
>>
>>2475804
>he doesn't a ps4
>>
>>2475790
lol. Why?

>>2475618
Yeah, meant to play it last gen but never got around to it. Saw it for PS4 under $20 so I picked it up.

>>2475624
I have pretty wide taste when it comes to games.

>>2475626
Just showing off my unopened ones.

>>2475639
I agree that it looks awesome. I'll play when I reach my next milestone in art. I usually don't know what that is until I reach it, but it's like I feel myself suddenly level up. Until then, not much game playing.

>>2475775
Retro has always big popular in almost everything. It's just that games are such a young form of entertainment, the furthest they can realistically go back is 80's/early 90's.
>>
>>2475600
Drawing is for children
>>
File: nofunallowed.jpg (96KB, 488x516px) Image search: [Google]
nofunallowed.jpg
96KB, 488x516px
>>2475590
>buys games
>brags about not playing them
>>
>>2475590

I stopped playing vidya and completely removed social life due to my dedication to drawing
I still dont improve too much, wonder if I made the right decision
>>
I just stopped buying games unless I really, really wanted them.
I only buy games now when I'm actually excited enough that I know I'll play them right away.

I still have a fuckton of games I got during steam sales that I never got around to playing before I changed that habit. It's a waste of money, once it goes in the backlog it just collects dust.
>>
>>2475857
My thing is I want to work with games, and they're a big reason why I love art in the first place. It's kinda' weird to have to ignore them, ya know?
>>
>>2475857
You didn't. You'll burn yourself out anon, if you want to enjoy art you need to enjoy life as well. Not saying you need to be lazy, but take some time off to watch a movie or play a game or go out once in a while or whatever the fuck you like to do. You can put yourself in an artist's mindset even when you're doing other things, take a sketchbook everywhere and draw or take notes when you feel like it. You'll enjoy yourself more and your work will be better if you're more relaxed.
>>
>>2475590
Enter the gungeon came out and I played two hours... Then spent eight hours drawing fanart. I really like the game but sometimes Its a stimulus for art
>>
File: actraiser2-20.png (41KB, 512x442px) Image search: [Google]
actraiser2-20.png
41KB, 512x442px
>>2475775
These games rarely ever even look like actual /vr/ games. They just use lowresolution assets to express some kinda affection for it, but I can't place any era in gaming before now when this style existed.

I guess it's because pixel graphics in the 80's/90's were done with an affection for various other forms of visual art rather than itself, and with good artists they had a pleasant aesthetic even under heavy limitations. These new games have pixel graphics that try to look like pixel graphics, continuously emphasizing and exaggerating itself, and in general it just doesn't look as pleasing.
>>
>>2475590
Why are you still buying games if you still have a bunch unopened. It's not like you can't buy the game when you want to play it.
>>
Have there been any new ddrs lately

if not then no

officially quit fps for the sake of motivation. In reality i just shitpost a lot more heavily
>>
>>2476234
I can understand buying games when you have a few unopened, if the ones you are buying are rare or limited edition runs what have you, but all the ones in OPs image are common as fuck. Honestly he is just throwing money away not waiting till they are price dropped or on sale.
>>
File: ragnarandhealie_zps73c21e68.jpg (33KB, 500x584px) Image search: [Google]
ragnarandhealie_zps73c21e68.jpg
33KB, 500x584px
>>2475590
pretty much the opposite. my tablet keeps gathering dust im just playing dragon quest.
>>
>>2478055
>Based Toriyama

/ic/ approves
>>
>>2475639
>another flavor of the month memeshit

is this what it feels like to be 16
>>
>>2478342
all games are flavour of the month.
>>
>>2475590
Yeah I have unopened ones along with half finished ones. Feels bad but I keep telling myself once I make it and have some stable work I'll be able to sit down and enjoy them.
>>
Over the years I have dropped games considerably, and I only buy like 3 games max per year. One of those games this year will be Dark Souls III, which has a godly artstyle and aesthetic.

Playing less games is good, but dont totally drop them. Games are, in Del Toro's words, the comic books of our generation. I love games but I am not as devoted to them as I used to be.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.