[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright d/ic/ks! I just did this. I cant draw a fucking thing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: booboo.jpg (71KB, 503x705px) Image search: [Google]
booboo.jpg
71KB, 503x705px
Alright d/ic/ks! I just did this.

I cant draw a fucking thing for at least a month.
And if i lose mobility in my finger, maybe forever.

ASSUMING I HAVEN'T fucked my finger up completely, what can I study in the meantime?
>>
>>2426095
Learn to draw with your left hand.
>>
>>2426095

business and entrepreneurship.
>>
>>2426098
This
>>
>>2426098
This. The skill is not in the hand, but your brain.
>>
did what?
>>
You can read books. Not as useful as practical experience but you can read up about things such as color theory and what not. You can also try some light sculpture.
>>
>>2426095
Look at it this way, one day you'll be featured in a news article praising you for learning to hold a paint brush with your butthole.
>>
>>2426095
W E E K O N E
E
E
K
O
N
E
>>
Start doing lines and ovals with your left hand. It doesn't take as much dexterity as you'd imagine, you'll be golden in a few months if you work at it. Be thankful you're an artist and not a musician.
>>
>>2426229
I would rather do this than practice with my left hand.

>>2426222

Perfect, I just bought color and light anyway. I am at the point where I can do shitty self portraits and draw photo studies realistically and have been grinding objects to practice form, and perspective made easy. I was going to move onto loomis but I guess a James Gurney is fine too.

>>2426206
Do not brace a plate on a sink, then scrub it so hard it breaks, peeling the skin down over your knuckle. Apparently I just avoided tendon damage, "maybe".

Thanks guys, WE'RE GOING TO MAKE IT.
>>
>>2426095
There's always painting, and reading as other anon has said.
>>
>>2426095
just draw with the other four.
>>
>>2426286
>would rather do this than practice with my left hand.

NOT GONNA MAKE IT.
>>
>>2426095
what the fuck happened
>>
>>2426286
>I would rather do this than practice with my left hand.
Never gonna make it, sorry bro
>>
>>2426286
That sucks man but yeah you don't brace things on the edge of the sink, if you're gonna scrub put it down in the bottom of the sink. I hope your hand'll be okay.
>>
did you art with finger paints or something?

would it really matter if you broke or fucked up a finger that much, as long as it's still there you likely could still hold a pencil.

i feel losing a finger would be a lot more problematic. even then couldn't you just learn to hold the pencil/pen with your thumb and middle finger instead.

i thought drawing was more in the arm movements and wrist than individual finger movements.
>>
>>2426286
>I would rather do this than practice with my left hand.
So you'd rather not draw? Good luck getting better.
>>
File: snow.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
snow.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
Anyone else have this shit? It's fucking ruining my career.
>>
>>2428109
lols whoops, was supposed to be a new thread my b
>>
>>2428110
Fucking NO!!! Don't make more shitty threads!!!

You're not even asking a real question. Who fucking cares if you have visual snow fuck off and draw.
>>
>>2426098
>>2426129
>>2426193
>>2427079
>>2427095
>>2428095
People on /ic/ keep saying this whenever people injure themselves, but I don't think you guys realise that learning to draw with the left hand takes building up a lot of muscles that you haven't used in your entire LIFE.
Trying to draw using muscles you've never used can stress your arm out if you're unused to it and cause RSI (repetitive strain injury).
Something that's just annoying is that it makes new pathways in the brain which tends to lead to a lot of severe headaches while drawing.

All in all, becoming proficient with the left hand well enough usually takes people around a year if you work hard, and two if you're lazy.
OP would probably stress is hand out if he tried it and would be better of reading books like "The Art Spirit" or James Gurney shit

If you think I'm wrong, challenge yourself and learn to draw with your opposite hand
>>
>>2426095
how fat do you have to be to have fat hands?

also, just use an overhand grip
>>
>>2428138

Obviously it'll be hard as fuck, but if the other option is never drawing again, what's the difference?

>would be better of reading books like "The Art Spirit" or James Gurney shit
What's it offer regarding this issue?
>>
>>2428148
I'm assuming OP will recover in a month.
>>
>>2428138
Took me a couple of hours to become proficient with my left hand, It's really not that hard. My lines are still a bit shaky and gross but that doesn't matter and gives it a kind of naive charm imo.
>>
>>2428156
it depends from person to person, the same way how fast you learn to draw depends from person to person

some use their both hands similarly on a daily basic, others are skinny sedentary ppl. some pay more attention, others are less mentally active when trying to learn something
>>
>>2428156
Congrates you are both handed, little applaus for you, now move along before you bother anyone any further with your talent you are born with or even worse trying to make it sound like this is somewhat normal, while only below 8% of people have this.
>>
>>2428190
It took me about a week of daily practice to become proficient at writing with my left hand. It's still sloppier than writing with my right but it's legible and I'm definitely not ambidextrous.
>>
That sucks OP I really really hope your finger is fine!!!
>>
>>2428191
You truely are the "i am vegan" type of person.
>>
>>2428194
that's really weird of you to say considering how much time and effort you put into sucking big black cocks
>>
>>2428138
The idea is not that you become as good or try to be as good with your other hand. It will be shit if you draw suddenly with your other hand, but that's expected and it can just be fun to experiment. It's like drawing gestures with ridiculous materials like a rolled up newspaper dipped in paint. The result will be shit, but your skill will still be there.
>>
>>2428204
Because this is the typical non useful and not what was asked for answer we can see here too often. Just look at this crap >>2428156 >>2428191 >>2428195, its turns out to be just trolling, but it looks like a pretty common way to answer here, without getting called out for what it is, giving the wrong idea, by leaving out an important part like
>The result will be shit

t. other guy
>>
>>2428217
you know by drawing shitty thing, you learn
>>
>>2428224
Just pretending there is a game changer fault in this, aint going to make it disappear. But you sure can show us some professional artist, that had to change their hands and are now at the same level or even better as before.
>>
>>2428227
*not
>>
>>2428228
rephrase your sentence

I don't know any professional artist that had to change hands, but I do know drawing exercises that focus on that not having full control. Think blind figure drawing for example. It will produce shitty results, but you learn better hand-eye coordination. If you draw with your other hand, it will have a different benefit. Your skill is not in your hands, it's knowledge. You will put down shitty lines with your other hand, but you can recognize if that shitty line will fuck up your drawing or that you can make it work. I think a benefit of drawing with the other hand is that you can test that knowledge.
>>
>>2428234
More non relevant babbling, this seems to be so standard now on /ic/, people are already not even noticing it, when they write it and think they are useful to some degree. So you get the idea if your hand becomes incapable as an insured artist, you will get the insurance without any more bullshit ala just use the other hand, simply because it is shit. Such a change is a devastating blow for anyone, that just do it mantra aint going to help anyone truely.
>>
>>2428234
> I don't know any professional artist that had to change hands
Lois Corinth
>>
>>2428423
Lovis*
>>
File: 19997.jpg (125KB, 785x1064px) Image search: [Google]
19997.jpg
125KB, 785x1064px
>>2428227
>But you sure can show us some professional artist, that had to change their hands and are now at the same level or even better as before.
>>
File: 19914.jpg (227KB, 892x1098px) Image search: [Google]
19914.jpg
227KB, 892x1098px
>>2428549
>>
File: lovis-corinth-samson-blinded.jpg (207KB, 890x1098px) Image search: [Google]
lovis-corinth-samson-blinded.jpg
207KB, 890x1098px
>>2428561
>>
File: url.jpg (221KB, 1010x1536px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
221KB, 1010x1536px
>>2428579
>>
>>2428549
>>2428561
>>2428579
>>2428582
/ic/ would so shit on him if he posted here.
>>
>>2428939
why not?
it's obvious he has a good grasp of form and value, shitting on him would just be a playful ribbing of his showy style
>>
>>2426095
Take this opportunity to try to strengthen your other hand. Everyone has the capacity to be amibidextrous it just takes practice to strengthen your hand to be like your dominant hand. I've been training mine just in case anything stupid like this ever happens to me (So far just tendonitis)

Curious as to what you actually did to fuck up though?
>>
File: perry.jpg (13KB, 200x253px) Image search: [Google]
perry.jpg
13KB, 200x253px
>>2426095
Michael Perry, a prolific and influential miniature sculpture for Games Workshop, lost his right arm in 1996 due to an accident with a cannon during a war re-enactment. He was a righty like you, and of course thought his career was over with the loss of him arm. BUT, as he's said in interviews, when you lose your dominate hand your brain quickly rewires itself and you're able to use your left arm just like you would your former dominate hand. So after recovering Perry just got back to his job, and continued sculpting for Games Workshop until 2014, a whole 18 years after the accident.

Goes to show it only takes one hand to do art, whether it's your dominate hand or not.
>>
>>2429211
>Goes to show it only takes one hand to do art, whether it's your dominate hand or not.
one hand and a claw. gotta have a claw.
>>
>>2426095
>mutilates his hand
>only posts one lame image of it
C'mon OP
>>
>>2428109
what the fuck is this?
>>
>>2426102
I agree with this. So when you get back to drawing you have a business that makes money while you try to git gud.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.