[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Preventing Mindless Doodling

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: fgt.png (242KB, 279x394px) Image search: [Google]
fgt.png
242KB, 279x394px
Hey /ic/

I've been trying to be more aware of my drawing habits recently and I noticed a distinct modal shift, probably due to fatigue, where I just start mindlessly drawing heads or cubes or whatever. I've been noticing it more and more since I started taking ibuspirone for my anxiety but I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Have any of you experienced anything similar? What is the solution?
>>
>>2417350

You just have autism.
>>
>>2417350
Doodling is without purpose, it's just supposed to be fun. If you want to prevent drawing without purpose you need to give it purpose, just think of a concept, mood, ANYTHING before you draw.

And stop making your own threads.
>>
>>2417350
Question thread
>>
>>2417350
seems to me like you have the latest bleach chapter. its nothing bad.
>>
Are you maybe having fewer breaks now that you're in a calmer state of mind and fatiguing yourself that way?
>>
File: Schmiddy.png (111KB, 1031x181px) Image search: [Google]
Schmiddy.png
111KB, 1031x181px
I just started reading Alla Prima earlier today and the quote in the pic stuck out to me. Maybe it will help someone else too.

>>2417692

I think that's part of it yea. There have been days where I would paint 1-2 hours at a time, taking short breaks, up to a total of 8-10 hours. But then there's days where I show up to class and I can barely draw for 30 minutes without starting to doodle...

>>2417467
>>2417603

Do you guys really need to show up to every thread? Who the fuck has time to weed through tons of "can i just draw anime or do i have to draw realistic" type questions to find anything of substance? This board barely has any traffic as it is and you want to drive even that away to be king sitting on your little sack of beans.
>>
>>2417835
>I just started reading Alla Prima earlier today and the quote in the pic stuck out to me. Maybe it will help someone else too.

Dude's a total pimp. I say he should run for president.
>>
>>2417350
>where I just start mindlessly drawing heads or cubes
Use your boxes. Make boxes upon boxes. Build random landscapes, use them in foreshortening, etc.
>>
If you find it intrusive and difficult to control, seek the help of a psychologist. Otherwise, try doing little still lifes of the objects around you, give the doodles purpose and focus.
>>
>>2417350
The bowl of fruit and the hair are a perfect example of shit composition
>muh tangents
>>
>>2417350
a game with balls and phallic bats? that sounds pretty faggoty to me
>>
>just doodling around in class
>draw a cube
>draw a few more cubes around it
>suddenly it looks like a dick
Every time.
>>
The solution is having a project to work on.

IE: your project is to illustrate 10 ideas you wrote out
Than instead of defaulting to drawing mindlessly you o to working on your project. Make sure you have a clear step by step process as well, that way you cant be stuck not knowing where to start.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.