[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scott Fucking Robertson

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

is scott robertsons method of building forms useful or is it a bullshit overly complex waste of time for anyone not going into industrial design

seriously going through his videos makes me want to find him and shove his ellipse guides up his ass
>>
Once you know how to do this shit it makes eyeballing perspective on objects easier. Usually draw cross sections when I'm sketching so it works, but I tend to skip most of the extreme perspective measurement. Doing it was helpful in the long run, though.
>>
>>2394315

You don't have to use the whole procedure for every little drawing. All his exercises teaches you one main thing:
The ability to eye ball the convergence of paralell lines in perspective. When you can do that to a reasonable degree, construction becomes so much easier even when you're drawing figures and other organic forms.

With that said, it really helps to practice all the steps. It teaches you how to thing spatially on paper.
>>
>>2394315
>is it a bullshit overly complex waste of time for anyone not going into industrial design
He has a very exhausting way to describe it but its mostly useful.
>>
>>2394315
You're a scrub for not being excited at all the tools he gives you for modelling form correctly.

But yeah, if you don't like drawing inorganic stuff like cars, robots, spaceships in perspective, guess what? You don't have to.

Unless you live in best Korea, then maybe you do if the govt says so.
>>
File: baitkakke.png (35KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
baitkakke.png
35KB, 625x626px
>>2394315
obvious bait thread
>>
>>2394315
It's great. If you go through HTD and HTR and understand that shit, the only thing left is to develop your design sense. Of course you don't have to measure everything everytime. What >>2394319 said.
>>
>>2394323

It's the method he uses and teaches, everyone knows what someone fucking means when you say "his method", stop splitting hairs.
>>
>>2394315
The basics of the book is a good introduction to perspective. The indepth content will depend more on just how accurate do you need your drawings to be.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.