[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Illustrator Newbie

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: LiaraBig.jpg (1MB, 5000x2813px) Image search: [Google]
LiaraBig.jpg
1MB, 5000x2813px
Rate my pure vector illustration guys. I consider this my best "work" so far - please keep in mind that i picked up illustrator in November.

And i also have a non-related day job, so i spent roughly 2-3-4 hrs/day practicing and learning Illustrator.
>>
>>2387879
you should just go ahead and post in the draw thread or the stylelization thread
>>
>>2387887
>Stylization
>>
>>2387887
hmm i only saw actual drawings there so i didn't think a vector image would fit, but ok..thanks anon
>>
>>2387879
>i spent roughly 2-3-4 hrs/day practicing
You're clearly doing the wrong kind practice.
Where is your source of light?
Stay away from color.
learn value and form first then move on to color.
And don't stick to just one pose, facial expression, etc... always try new stuff.
>>
File: peter.jpg (103KB, 460x1230px) Image search: [Google]
peter.jpg
103KB, 460x1230px
>>2387895
>You're clearly doing the wrong kind practice.
Yeah but consider pic related my very first thing i did in AI - did i not improve ? I had to learn the basics somehow, so i decided to do Mass Effect characters. My previous ones are progressively worse.
>Where is your source of light?
The ball in her hand is supposed to be it.
>Stay away from color.
The armor color is pretty much how it is in the game, the background you mean ?
>learn value and form first then move on to color.
I don't know what those are, and will do.
>And don't stick to just one pose, facial expression, etc... always try new stuff.
I made a few characters in other poses - as for the facial expressions, i gotta work on those.

Thanks for the feedback anon !
>>
>>2387879
>pure vector illustration
Are you a masochist?
>>
>>2387911
Long story man, but believe it or not i really enjoy the process. The least exciting part so far is building the pose/main skeleton of the character. Once i start building the armor or the face it's great.
>>
File: powercami5000-cgma3.jpg (217KB, 1018x1500px) Image search: [Google]
powercami5000-cgma3.jpg
217KB, 1018x1500px
Since the ball is your source of light, it HAS to be the brightest object in your artwork.
Her whole body is way too bright, it's as if she
is a source of light herself,or she is glowing.
And use Photoshop.
>>
>>2387919
holy shit this is cool
thanks, anon!
>>
you're insane also it's pretty good, maybe a bit of tidying up the color on a few of the pieces of her clothes, like her left thigh and her collar.
>>
Draw thread please. I don't think it's stylised because you don't have a grasp of the fundamentals to stylise yet.

Also people will only look at your result, and not necessarily your journey. Regardless of when you picked up illustrator, you don't get extra brownie points for that.

I agree with the other anon, fundamental problems are sticking out like a sore thumb
Take it into photoshop and desaturate it.

Your brightest white is Liara's clothes, which unless is the light source does not make sense. Also it is a very flat white.
Anatomy wise, body is not constructed correctly, her right (Your left) elbow is not physically possible. Perspective issues such as her left hand etc etc. These are just a few.

Once you get a better grasp of value, your color should also improve.
Do your basic studies. They are critical regardless of program.
>>
>>2387919
That second row and two first in the last row are so bad, jesus.
>>
>>2390508
>a bit of tidying up the color on a few of the pieces of her clothes, like her left thigh and her collar.

Yeah, to be completely honest...when i reach the coloring part i tend to rush through it because at that point i had worked on that project for about 2-3 weeks, and it gets boring.

But i do agree that i still suck bad at coloring, i never studied anything related to art/drawing or stuff like this...

>>2390526

>I don't think it's stylised because you don't have a grasp of the fundamentals to stylise yet.

i don't even know what that really means to be honest...

>Also people will only look at your result, and not necessarily your journey. Regardless of when you picked up illustrator, you don't get extra brownie points for that.

I know but i wanted to specify that before everyone murdered the drawing, cuz i've been lurking here a while and i saw how critique is done here

>Take it into photoshop and desaturate it.

I have thought about picking up photoshop but: i don't have a tablet, i don't really have any drawing skills, and i haven't watched any tutorials yet. (little time due to my day job - i dedicate most of my free time to AI).

>Your brightest white is Liara's clothes, which unless is the light source does not make sense. Also it is a very flat white.

what i said to the other guy about the coloring...i gotta be more patient with it, indeed.

>Anatomy wise, body is not constructed correctly, her right (Your left) elbow is not physically possible. Perspective issues such as her left hand etc etc. These are just a few.

Didn't quite know how to make her elbow better, i really struggled there and as for her hand, i agree i could darken it a bit where it's supposed to bend.

>Do your basic studies. They are critical regardless of program.

I try to learn new stuff everyday but my time is very limited.

Thanks for the feedback guys !
>>
>>2387919
Photoshop is ghey, use SAI.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.