[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Last Artist Standing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 601
Thread images: 102

File: DrawEveryDayThread.png (344KB, 590x578px) Image search: [Google]
DrawEveryDayThread.png
344KB, 590x578px
Grand Prize
>You drew everyday for a long time, longer than anyone else. Congratulations. You are the best.

Rules
>Update every day at: http://www.lavaflake.com/draw/
>The deadline for submissions is 00:00 GMT each day
>You should spend at least 30 minutes on each update
>Miss a day and you can make up for it the next day with a double post.
>Miss another day within a month and you're eliminated.
>Progress updates are ok but they will be policed like other submissions

Entry into the second challenge is open until Saturday at 00:00 GMT. People who join after then will be entered into the less awesome Last Artist Standing #3.
>>
ooh bread
>>
>>2358092
toasty
>>
You won't survive the challenge. Embrace death's sweet release
>>
Good luck to everybody.
Have a nice day.
>>
I need to join the forza(?) club

Staying in the 23:30 club is going to be the death of me
>>
File: anon's bizzare adventure.jpg (1MB, 1000x1800px) Image search: [Google]
anon's bizzare adventure.jpg
1MB, 1000x1800px
>>2358074
reporting for maximum shame

>finish drawing try to upload.
>internet is kill "oh well its only 4 still got time"
>look at clock "one hour thirty left"
>time passes by "oh shit!"
>1 hour left, freak out
>call ISP "hello sir~ we love your money goyim but there's an outage in your area sorry!
>spaghetti everywhere!
>dont know what to do, facing total failure
>REEEEEEEE
>FREE WIFI IN MCDONNALS!
>half mile away
>run at nigh is super cold with shorts and hoodie
>make it to MacDonald, free wifi! "oh shit i might make it"
>uploads to tumblr feel in heaven
>try lavasite.....server overloaded upload takes forever
>FREAK OUT X10
>NOO REEEE
>dont know what to do
>TRAIN WIFI!
>run to train station on the cold
>made it and upload takes 5 MINUTES
>MFW i made it with 2 minutes to spare
LOOMIS DO SOMETHING DUMB AGAIN SAVE ME FROM THE SHAME!! never gain..
>>
>>2358096
Rover?
>>
File: 1438182527216.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1438182527216.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>>2358102
AHHHHHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>2358102
Last artist standing, where procrastinators go to die.
>>
File: Lmaoing @ your life.png (189KB, 450x472px) Image search: [Google]
Lmaoing @ your life.png
189KB, 450x472px
>>2358102
again, you people who keep thinking its cool to wait till the very end. you will drop like flies.
>>
>>2358102
This shit is fucking amazing
Whoever you are I hope you make it dude.
>>
>>2358102
Nice.
>>
>>2358016
I didn't notice that before but I've been uploading everything from imgur so I don't know why it only happened just to that one.
>>2358021
I wasn't trying to submit anything right now, I already had my submission in. I was asking about this hours ago when I was submitting it and never got a response - see >>2357271 (You) Now that I've seen more submissions go up with it looking like nobody else was having that problem, I decided to ask again now that lava's actually awake and here.
>>
Well, as a member of Forza I guess it's time to submit for today, now!

I can't wait until everyone else is eliminated, I plan to claim my throne on LAS with tumblr style artwork of pony OCs
>>
>>2358114
>thinking its cool to wait till the very end
if only that was the reason
>>
this shit is gay. i thought we were suppose to be learning to draw not see who ends up staying here the longest. if anything everyone is probably more concentrated on anything other than learning to draw.also, this doesnt stop procrastination, if you cant get past procrastination youre already a lost cause.
>>
>>2358118
Rover?
>>
>>2358122
This challenge has helped me a lot since for some weird reason it feels 100x worse to not submit something to the site than just not drawing for a day and since I can see the quality of the other submissions I'd feel even worse for submitting something I didn't really put effort in.
If it wasn't for this challenge I wouldn't have drawn anything in the last 2 weeks.
>>
>>2358122
I'm pretty sure it was established early on in these threads that the idea of the challenge to be last artist standing had no real award, not even having a bigger e-peen (hence in the OP Grand Prize : jack dick).

It's suppose to be self-improvement/community advice, but since there's no critique/low-effort reporting systems in place, we're left with shit-posting. I don't think anyone is actually serious about "going the distance" by having sketched everyday and winning absolutely nothing
>>
>>2358127
youre going to make a bad habit.
>>
>>2358122
It's literally called 'last artist standing', bro
In any case having something to lose by not drawing for a day other than just my dignity has already made me practice more consistently

If you don't want to play, don't.
>>
>>2358100
team forza
23:30 club
anyone who doesnt post at one of the extremes should be shunned

>>2358122
theyre one and the same
>>
>>2358133
dont call me bro.
my point was, this "voluntary challenge" is retarded and the only people who think this keeps them focused in drawing, are the same people who cant think for themselves.
>>
>>2358117
what's your username? i searched for the one from last post and I couldn't find it. and is this the image you tried to submit? http://i.imgur.com/Mwko9YP.jpg?1
>>
>>2358128
>> It's suppose to be self-improvement/community advice, but since there's no critique/low-effort reporting systems in place, we're left with shit-posting. I don't think anyone is actually serious about "going the distance" by having sketched everyday and winning absolutely nothing
Yeah, cause there's a ton of things that still need implementing it's kinda unfair to judge what people do with it
>>
>>2358138
KiarasKuro and yes that's the one.
>>
>>2358122
I've gone from drawing once or twice a month with no motivation to over an hour every single day because of this.

You're taking the jokes in the threads way too seriously.
>>
>>2358138
That link
Barf.
>>
>>2358137
wow how did this angry teenage edgelord get on here
someone get its' mom before it starts saying 'sheeple'
>>
>>2358137
Lel what a fag
>>
>>2358137
>I hate fun
>>
>>2358147
actually laughed.
>>
>>2358141
>>2358147
>>2358148
>>2358149
Sorry, I dont feed off social crap just so i can draw. this is art school all over again.
>>
>>2358152
>I dont feed off social crap just so i can draw
Then why are you here? You do know a forum is a form of social media? Considering you came into a thread you supposedly had no interest in just to let everyone know how oh so very disinterested you are in it, I'd say you eat a bowl of Salty (You)'s every morning for breakfast.
>>
>>2358152
>going to art school
Toppest of keks
So that's why you're so upset.
>>
>>2358152
Great, now that it's out of your system you can leave.
>>
>>2358152
Good on you
>>
>>2358122
>i thought we were suppose to be learning to draw
Fucking retard there are countless of other threads on this board that focus on improving yourself. We've already had many members myself included who've noticed the positive effects of doing this challenge.
"learning how to draw", are you for real? It's something you need to figure out by yourself not by the help of a single challenge. You're not making any bit of sense.
>>2358130
>>2358137
>people who cant think for themselves
From someone getting triggered over something completely unrelated to them it's big. End your life.
>>
>>2358155
You dont have to go to art school to know what its like, in the 21st century.
>>2358154
This is an anonymous forum. I think you forgot that bit. I come here to laugh at the mistakes you teens/young adults do only end up at a dead end. Then when you hit your limit you create a thead to seek for guidance."guys I cant do this anymore, pls motivate me again".
>>2358157
>>2358158
baka desu senpai
>>
>>2358166
so you're here to drag everyone else down into your failure?, The fact that others are making some sort of an effort bothers you?
>>
>>2358165
Judging by the first paragraph. I think you were too angry to realize what you were replying to. Cool down next time you quote.

Actually your entire reply is incoherent and youre just angry because youre a victim like everyone in here.

A victim of not improving and seeking stupid guidance like these threads ;-)
>>
>>2358173
Youre on 4chan
I think thats proof enough that you failed already.
kek.
>>
>>2358180
you're projecting pretty hard there m8
>>
>>2358181
Im going back to work, thanks for the chat ladies ;).
>>
>>2358175
I'm now convinced you're trolling. get b&
>>
>tfw it's only day 12 and I already feel I've improved a ton
It's only upwards from here
>>
i forgot to set this new thread to auto-update so I thought this guy
>>2358122
>>2358128
>>2358137
>>2358152
killed the thread because i wasn't seeing any new updates but it's nice to see everyone standing up for the challenge. i don't know what to say to someone who thinks a friendly competition somehow inhibits free thinking. i can't see the cause and effect to connect those dots

he is right about the lack of moderation tools, though, and they're next on the list. i'm finishing up my team forza submission then the following system will go live later tonght. after that it's the report system and then i'll start working on topics.

>>2358140
It looks like you still have your token, that your picture was submitted and that you're still active in the challenge. Was being the eliminated the issue or was it something else? If it was with the auto-thumbnail generation then odds are it's because of the ?1 at the end of the url. It's easy enough to strip query strings and separators like that from URLs but it would have to wait until I update the thumbnail system since all the possible submission options makes it a little complicated
>>
>>2358189
Ah okay. It was no worry of missing the deadline since it was hours before then, I was just wondering why all of a sudden it was requiring a thumbnail when it hadn't before. It's fine though, I ended up making that eye thumbnail to use if it comes up again. I can just reuse the same thumbnail right?
>>
>>2358208
id like to say no since it's better for the gallery if the thumbnail represents either the artist or the art inside it but you can technically use the same thumbnail for every submission. if you strip the ?1 when linking to a submission it'll generate on for you through so no worries
>>
File: bl7gPcw.jpg (217KB, 750x697px) Image search: [Google]
bl7gPcw.jpg
217KB, 750x697px
bricoms missile tits are coming along
>>
>>2358215
Okay, I'll try removing that from the link if it has it again. I know we're supposed to not be lazy, but I really don't want to have to manually make a new thumbnail every time.
>>
do you just upload 30 minutes of any type of drawing daily?
>>
Who a are you guys rooting for right now?
I like your stuff 2study. Keep at it!
>>
>>2358218
I liked the color choice more when it was still impressionistic. I still don't like the texture at all and now the color and rendering just kind of looks like any photo study. Plus now the boobs look more like balloons than flesh. It's a development, though not in a direction I care for.
>>
>>2358230
Suraz
I am him though.
Other than me, pretty much everyone i guess.
>>
>>2358230
Hi 2study
>>
File: 1430327900679.jpg (74KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1430327900679.jpg
74KB, 500x373px
>>2358230
you faggots better root for yourselves, I am gonna execute every last one of you.
>>
>>2358229
yep! everyday forever, deadline is 00:00 GMT

>>2358221
you dont have to make a thumbnail you can just select the same image that you uploaded to your blog or whatever and the site will resize and crop it for you (if you decide to link directly to your blog instead of the image file.) no need to do any photo manipulation to make a special thumbnail. it should only take a couple extra clicks to select the file
>>
>>2358230
>please say my name

Fuck off m8
>>
>>2358231
thats funny, I like it for all the reasons you dont.
>>
How can I know if I was eliminated? on my dashboard it says that I'm an entrant in the Last Artist Standing #2 but I've been submitting every day.
>>
File: boobsca.jpg (336KB, 938x872px) Image search: [Google]
boobsca.jpg
336KB, 938x872px
>>2358241
aw shucks, thanks.
>>2358231
maybe you'll enjoy it more with chromatic aberration?
>>
>>2358261
the thick outline around the boobs makes it look like they're covered in a layer of jelly or something.
>>
>>2358264
exactly what I was thinking too
>>
>>2358259
find your name in Users and click on active challenges
>>
>>2358261
>le colour picker maymay
>>
File: 4OIoPnd.jpg (51KB, 707x782px) Image search: [Google]
4OIoPnd.jpg
51KB, 707x782px
>>2358103
>>2358123
>>
>>2358264
>>2358270
shit youre right. someone needs to jellify the rest of her
>>
The pain of elimination is surprisingly not depressing but actually driving me. Lava is the hero we need.
>>
>>2358310
No anon, Lava did not but show you the way.
You are the hero you need. You always have been.
>>
File: goodlookinbewbs.jpg (177KB, 1065x1071px) Image search: [Google]
goodlookinbewbs.jpg
177KB, 1065x1071px
>>2358264
>>2358270
kinda? i guess that's not glaring though. as long as there's no hidden dicks in my drawings i count it as a win

>>2358284
heresy!
>>
>>2358310
>>2358318
yep it's all you. elimination isn't the end; there will always be more challenges to join and win. quitting is the only way to lose.

quitting and being eliminated but mostly quitting
>>
>>2358241
What's really funny is that you seem to always magically be around to stroke Brian's ego immediately after someone criticizes his stuff, immediately after they post. What a funny coincidence that you seem to always be where Brian is at the exact same time, hah, weird.
>>
File: 1433023138360.jpg (97KB, 491x357px) Image search: [Google]
1433023138360.jpg
97KB, 491x357px
>>2358356
CONSPIRACY?
>>
>>2358356

> hah, weird

hahaha do u think brian gets embarassed when he gets calld out on this haha im just curios
>>
>>2358356
it could be that that was brian saying he liked his own work for the same reasons the op didn't. no samefagging, just fagging
>>
>>2358368
Brian's reply >>2358261 of thanks would seem to indicate that they're two different people though and whenever I see his biggest fan posting, I usually see Brian reply to him like that. Obviously they're separate posters. It's just funny how well his fan is able to keep track of him on this anonymous board, even when entirely new topics show up and Brian hasn't really visibly posted in these threads. I just find it interesting is all. But it's neither here nor there, we'll never know how they do it so let's move on.
>>
File: humancentipede.jpg (43KB, 950x559px) Image search: [Google]
humancentipede.jpg
43KB, 950x559px
>>2358379
ooh i see what you mean now
>>
>>2358183
Kek, wageslave. I inherited my wealth and company, i just draw for fun. I laugh at miserable lives that try to get some satisfaction out of putting others down only to go back to their sad reality at the end of the day.
>>
File: GS - How To Respond.gif (776KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
GS - How To Respond.gif
776KB, 500x273px
I swear to god I don't understand the rationale of people on DA sometimes.
I am almost absolutely sure there are people who favorite work en-masse in the new submissions page. And I don't get it.
>>
yo vma that thumbnail looks like a dude giving a bj
>>
File: dont worry be happy.jpg (15KB, 394x400px) Image search: [Google]
dont worry be happy.jpg
15KB, 394x400px
>>2358433
i favorite almost everything submitted to the challenge
>>
>>2358437
can confirm the only thing that guy's smokin is pole
>>
>>2358438
Good thing I stopped posting to DA
>>
>>2358438

Alright then. Two people favorited my shit oval exercise. That means either good or bad things for you.
Because the question remains, are you this guy:
http://carlos-mp.deviantart.com/
Or this guy?
http://lordtrigonstar.deviantart.com/
>>
>>2358443
no but that's super common on social media. Both of the people you linked have 2k pages of favorites so what they do is favorite literally everything so people cant a notification that hey x favorited your shit in hopes that you'll return the favor or watch their page.

it costs them nothing and it's essentially free advertising
>>
File: excuse me dog.jpg (20KB, 480x451px) Image search: [Google]
excuse me dog.jpg
20KB, 480x451px
>>2358445

> 2k pages of favorites
what the fuck

But yeah, that makes sense.
Come to think of it, why is ConceptArt so fucking shit at web programming in comparison? The community is twenty times better than DA, but if DA can handle thousands of people with 2k fucking pages of favorites and load in half a second, why can't CA.org make their pages load at all (and when they do load, it looks like fucking cluttered bullshit)?
Shit drives me up the fucking wall. At least /ic/ works just fine.
>>
>>2358449

ok well i didn't know see ayy dot org linked to cocaine anonymous ignore that bit for now
i'm talking about conceptart.org
>>
>>2358449
the site was cobbled together over the years and it's a slowly dying piece of garbage run by someone who doesn't have the knowledge to fix it. i used to post there 3-4 times per week but after months of the page loading maybe 60% of the time I gave up. i wanted to be a part of that community but it seems to be dying (or the unreliability is killing it)
>>
File: praise satan.png (54KB, 1095x704px) Image search: [Google]
praise satan.png
54KB, 1095x704px
Praise Satan for artistic gains
>>
>>2358494
tripfag ruined it, 667 now
>>
>>2358502
Here I was, hoping no one would post for 2 days in order to preserve Satanic trips.

Way to ruin my master plan, tripfag.
>>
>tfw losing the interest to make art
>tfw its over before it even began
I'm curious, what are your motivations to keep making art? At this point, I'm just drawing until I get inspiration knowing that somewhere down the line I may regret not going through with it
>>
>>2358514
to win LAS
>>
>>2358517
well that too, been in it since day 1, but when I draw I get depressed
>>
>>2358524
Sounds like you got a case of being a pussy
>>
File: das it mane.jpg (25KB, 500x394px) Image search: [Google]
das it mane.jpg
25KB, 500x394px
>>2358514
I'm having quite a lot of fun despite my stuff being shite, the fact that I am currently drawing every day I don't take for granted. Lava has managed to rekindle my eagerness and passion, and I get to draw alongside someone else, this is fun.
>>
>>2358525
>>2358527
Pretty much the only reason I still draw is that theres no reason not to
>>
>>2358514
>>2358524
i find pleasure in the little things like the perfect line or ellipse, looking back a month and seeing progress, etc. my goal will take years of hard work and i doubt i'd make it if that was all I thought about
>>
>>2358514
>>2358524
Sit down and figure out what you really want to do with art. Make a study guide and use LAS as a means to that end. Even if you're just a hobbyist for now, drawing every day will keep your skills sharp in case you do decide to jump in balls deep.

Personally I joined because I want to animate but my drawing isn't where I want it to be. I've been trying to improve, but drawing always takes a backseat to animation exercises. Keeping up with you faggots is forcing me to study seriously.
>>
File: kill me.jpg (96KB, 665x640px) Image search: [Google]
kill me.jpg
96KB, 665x640px
anyone else have a "post it all" policy and cringe when you go back and look at what you posted? i want to right a disclaimer on everything i post that i know it's garbage but i dont want people to think im fishing for compliments
>>
>>2358544
This, I'm sorry for subjecting you guys to it
>>
>>2358514
To dedicate my life to a craft, reach the pinnacle, give purpose to my life. Achieve happiness and die knowing that I strived for perfection and earned the title of master through effort and pain, enduring the desert of despair.
>>
>>2358556
That's pretty damn poetic
>>
>>2358122
>>2358137
>>2358152
>>2358166
>>2358514
Kek at those scare tactics
It won't work!
It
Won't
Work!
>>
>>2358566
Yes, but it is truly what I want to do. I've given up wealth, having a gf, vidya and procastination. Art is taking over my life m8.
>>
>>2358579
I can respect that. It's funny how a few years ago all I could think about was girls and sex and video games, now I don't allow for much in my life that inhibits me from being the best possible version of myself.
>>
>>2358582
>>2358579
We can do it guys
A partner helps you release frustrations though
>>
>>2358588
We're all in this together. WE'RE ALL GONNA MAKE IT GODDAMNIT
>>
File: IMG_20160120_112018900.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160120_112018900.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
I used to hate still lifes, now I still do but I force myself to do them.
>>
File: bae caught me posin.jpg (80KB, 1015x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bae caught me posin.jpg
80KB, 1015x1200px
>>2358590
lol vudex's submission looks like he's using a rapier selfie stick
>>
File: JECK.jpg (8KB, 178x154px) Image search: [Google]
JECK.jpg
8KB, 178x154px
>>2358593
>cannot unsee
>>
>>2358593
Michael jackson?
>>
>>2358449
>>2358452
this thread reminded me to update my sketchbook and it went down just as I finished. it's still down i think
>>
>>2358596
KEK
>>
Thumbnails in artist page when? It's painful to click on every url of an artist whose submission i like
>>
>>2358604
Hmm there's no way to show the timestamp with the current gallery. You're right that it should be in there but I can't think of a quick way to move the code over from the submissions gallery.

that's partly a lie. it'd only take maybe 10 minutes to do but there's a bug on the page that kills all javascript except for the user tables and I haven't had the time to figure it out yet. I'll add it to the to-do list.

ps: if you use middle click on links you can open links in a new window without losing focus on the current window. this way you can open them all at once then close your way through them.
>>
k you can now follow people by going to their profiles and clicking follow beside their name. submissions of artists you follow appear at the top of the submissions page. also, you can view who you're currently following on your profile (there's now a shortcut to your profile in the top right corner where settings and logout is.)

you can't currently follow users directly from the submissions page since doing it right (using ajax so the page doesn't reload) takes the site down a road I don't want to go down just yet.

actually I'll add it tonight. i've been putting off bringing the site into the 21st century but I'll need to before i can implement the report and notification systems so bear with me while I get it updated
>>
>>2358704
Thanks a bunch lava
>>
>>2358704
Thanks, Lava! I hope you're taking breaks from drawing and coding, though.
>>
>>2358704
I dunno if it's such a good idea to have it so the followed submissions are on the top because once you follow all the good people there's not much reason to scroll down anymore
>>
>>2358704
Quick, someone post that picture of the cat giving a thumbs up for me.
>>
>>2358721
You have to earn the place in the followed section. Atleast for me im gona check the lower half occasionally to see if anyone's worthy of my follower section
>>
File: piLhiWN.gif (967KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
piLhiWN.gif
967KB, 500x281px
>>2358704
oh shit
>>
>>2358721
That's a good point, maybe a filter you can toggle on an off, of which "Favorites" is one of them (or a separate page)?
>>
what about making the people who have the most favorites be at the top for everyone :^)
>>
>>2358796
Brian pls go suck yourself elsewhere, we're not going to enable your exhibitionism.
>>
>>2358514
Easy. I don't need motivation to make art. If you wait for motivation or inspiration, you'll never have consistency. Painting is my job, my hobby, and my love. I can approach it with different mindsets but I'll never burn out.
>>
>>2358704
Maybe don't show an empty submission for the people you follow but haven't submitted today yet? Or is it intended
>>
>>2358787
>>2358704
I can't follow people because I like to watch the last minute submissions at the end of the day. If I follow them they don't appear chronologically. Some way to have them still appear as they're posted in the submission page if you have them favourited would be cool.
>>
File: 1451954606995.gif (309KB, 460x351px) Image search: [Google]
1451954606995.gif
309KB, 460x351px
>>2358714
yes... take a nice 24 hour break...
>>
Aw can't we have it so we can see who's following us I wanna know if senpai has noticed me
>>
>>2358902
no
>>
>>2358902
No.
>>
>>2358902
no
>>
>>2358902
HET
>>
>>2358902
No
>>
>>2358902
Maybe
>>
>>2358902
Just tell sempai outright faggot
>>
>>2358929
I think he wants to know if sempai is following him back, mr.familyman
>>
>>2358902
Just ask sempai outright faggot
>>
>>2358931
My bad
>>
>>2358902
No.
>>
>>2358074
who did that drawing in the op? Where can I find it?
>>
>>2358957
joostk on the site
>>
nope
>>
File: nope.gif (503KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
nope.gif
503KB, 500x281px
>>2358902
決不
>>
File: smug mads.jpg (138KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
smug mads.jpg
138KB, 768x1024px
>>2358902
Nein
Nope
Njet
Nej
Ei
>>
>tfw you shitpost more than you draw
>>
>>2359012
i masturbate more than i draw
>>
>>2359026
Are you me?
>>
>Draw for 20 minutes
>Getting really into it
>Suddenly press ctrl+w
>"Do you want to save changes?"
>press "no" out of reflex
>stare at the screen in disbelief

Fuck my life
>>
>>2359056
>only 20 minutes
Just redo it anon, but better this time.
>>
>>2359056
fug
>>
File: FFFFFFFFUCK.jpg (513KB, 848x627px) Image search: [Google]
FFFFFFFFUCK.jpg
513KB, 848x627px
>>2359056
tfw
>>
>>2359056
>>press "no" out of reflex
For what purpose
>>
>>2359026
Fuck. If I spent half the time making art that I spend wanking I'd be where I want to be
>>
>>2359056
I've done this after 12 hours of work easily while high. I don't touch my documents while high anymore and I save regularly.
>>
Maybe we could have a follower count leaderboard.
>>
>>2359109
I dont know man, how easy it is to make accounts and follow yourslef?
>>
>>2359109
that's probably the worst idea yet
>>
>>2359109
see >>2358902
>>
>>2359109
Keeping the followers private is the best idea yet. Make a blog if you want to know who or how many people are following you and leave the popularity bullshit out of this.
>>
>>2359109
>competing over follower counts
How about "No".
>>
>>2359130
This, last thing we need is fanart galore.
>>
>>2359131
i dont think my ego could handle if i get more than one follower.
>>
File: muby8ekaaO1qix7p7.gif (839KB, 450x402px) Image search: [Google]
muby8ekaaO1qix7p7.gif
839KB, 450x402px
>sick af
>dont want to draw
>cry
>draw
im gonna vomit
but also keep drawing
>>
File: amused patrick.png (89KB, 254x273px) Image search: [Google]
amused patrick.png
89KB, 254x273px
>>2359140
scan your vomit, pretend it's a pollock study
>>
>>2359140
>could handle if i get more
I've been sick for the better part of the week, only getting out of bed 4 hours before hand to draw. We're gunna make it bruh.
>>
>>2359149
didn't mean to quite that.
>>
Sick all day. Ended up spending a few hours after work studying tits. Good to see everyone still at it.
>>
File: 1453151651661.jpg (442KB, 1127x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1453151651661.jpg
442KB, 1127x1600px
Cant wait till its time for 7pm to post. Currently working on my muscle girls
>>
>>2359056
I once did that...

expect I hadn't saved since starting...

and I was 4 hours in...
>>
>>2359160
muh dick
>>
>your tablet finally arrives
Now I can stop submitting shitty cellphone photos
>>
>>2358854
Uh yeah that shouldn't happen, my bad I'll fix that now.

No follow counts ever for the reason >>2359131 the only thing you will ever compete over is who drew the longest and who participated the most because they incentivize you drawing every day (and, I'll admit, using the site)

if i add follow count then people have an incentive to start appealing to people instead of focusing on improving. i'd rather see the gallery full of studies and gestures over steven universe nsfw fanart.

obviously people can do whatever they want regardless of the site but what the site encourages matters too
>>
>mfw im a pretentious asshole when it comes to art
>mfw i went through and only followed people who post cute anime girls
>>
Wondering about if anyone followed me is giving me aids
>>
File: tracing is fun.jpg (429KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
tracing is fun.jpg
429KB, 1280x853px
Hmmm... My visual library is tingling
>>
>>2359239
Damn son, putting him on blast
>>
>>2359239

Doesn't look like a trace to me, what's with this board and shitting all over anyone using a reference?
>>
File: notgonnamakeit.png (58KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
notgonnamakeit.png
58KB, 645x773px
>>2359242
Sometimes I wonder how the fuck I suck at art so much when I have a fuck-ass big visual library m8

>>2359243
Dude calm down, there's nothing wrong with that, I just wanted to banter
jesus christ

btw those things are called tardigrades
>>
>>2359243
No one does that. being a human phtotocopy machine and general drawing without thinking, however is a different story.
>>
>>2359246
I'm just impressed with how you view an image. Actually trying to break it down and shit. When I look at that image I just see a pretty picture
>>
>>2359256
BARGUE
A
R
G
U
E
>>
File: doc.jpg (194KB, 962x532px) Image search: [Google]
doc.jpg
194KB, 962x532px
>>2359256
I legit spent 3 years hoarding pictures from Google, just googling random things. I learned a shit ton of things and built a huge database of ref pictures.
Pic related

>Now I just have to git gud so I can actually use the refs
kek
>>
when you guys draw lips, do you draw the line in the middle and then the outlining shape, or do you draw the outlining shape then the line in the middle?
>>
>>2359262
>rpg folder
I see you are into tabletop gaming?
>>
>>2359263
i use the sideways vagina method
>>
>>2359266
Yes, I'm a fa/tg/uy too.
>>
1 hour left, get ready 23:30 club
>>
>>2359266
>>2359269
Mah nigs.
>>
>>2359269
>tfw got into art to make maps and items for my party
>tfw group fell apart
Fuck, why even live
>>
>>2359109
so that our artistic minds can be corrupted with the need to impress our followers? you absolute madman!
>>
>>2358902
Only lava knows the most popular and who follows who
>>
>>2359272
Find a new group. Folks will fight each other over a decent player that can draw stuff. My group commissions me on occasion, even.
>>
File: kek.jpg (691KB, 1366x707px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
691KB, 1366x707px
>>2359272
>>2359266
I'm writing an Innistrad rpg game, but I have no friends.

>Written in an unholy mix of spanish and english annotations

I can't even write why live fuck
>>
>>2359275
i created a quick query to see who has the most followers but accidentally searched for who has followed the most. i didn't fix it because my first thought was to go check out the most popular artists and that's exactly why it wont be on the site either. people should go and find what they like instead of being told who the most people like

>>2359277
do you not have any friends because you're antisocial or because you alienate people?
>>
>>2359279
Nah I do have friends but they only play mtg. I wish I had a group to play rpg, the old one broke.
>>
>>2359276
I was thinking about recruiting players for a game I run on roll20, but I'm scared cause of all the horrible stories I've read on /tg/
>tfw you put hours into your maps, loot, and story as a GM and your players just don't give a shit
>>2359277
>tfw no friends who share your interest in TTRPGs
It's awful
>>
File: hd feels.gif (510KB, 700x827px) Image search: [Google]
hd feels.gif
510KB, 700x827px
>>2359283
>>2359279
>"Hey guys! Do you want to play this cool rpg I found?"
>"Nah man rpgs are shit, why don't you come to the BFZ draft this friday?"

;_;
>>
>>2359283
Same. I've had an experience with two of those players in different campaigns. You just need to have the balls to tell them to fuck off if they're being tha/tg/uy. It's called that for a reason though, one out of every few people will actually be tha/tg/uy. If you balance being stern about rules plus having certain actions (I.E murder hoboing) have weight in your world and just having a lot of fun and being adaptive to your players play style, good players will stick.
>>
>>2359221
ayup, that's the life m8
>>
I haven't been able to think of what to draw. I might miss a day. Shit.
>>
>>2359283
>>2359289
>>2359295
there are sites online that can help you find a group. i consider myself a normie and my experience was pretty great considering i had found a group of strangers to play D&D with on a random online forum (had moved to a new city alone, feeling ttrpg nostalgia from a misspent youth.)

the whole group was like standard d&d tropes. dm was super tryhard and an artist so he made maps and drew characters, the funny guy was a baker and brought free food, the min/maxer worked in IT at some bank and we met at the nerd cave of some NEET with rich parents. group was great until a she-beast joined, the queen bee of the anime club type, and she tried to make everything about her. bailed shortly after that
>>
>>2359289
>you will never gm a scifi game where your party explores the galaxy and gets involved in galactic shenanigans
I ask for so little in this life
>>2359295
Might be worth a try, going to be a NEET soon so might get back out there
>>
>>2359298
Draw a pokemon

or dick girls
>>
>>2359295
>>2359283
>>tfw you put hours into your maps, loot, and story as a GM and your players just don't give a shit
It ALWAYS happens. No matter how time you spend on something, if your players are average roleplayers they are going to go in a straight line like fucking murderhobos.

>spend several evenings working on a Call of Cthulhu game

>players enter like the A team armed with guns and trample over everything without giving a fuck
>>
File: RT-Cover.jpg (84KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
RT-Cover.jpg
84KB, 500x650px
>>2359302
>you will never gm a scifi game where your party explores the galaxy and gets involved in galactic shenanigans

Oh man I want to play this so bad
>Only setting where it is justified to kill every npc in your path
>because heresy
>>
>>2359302
Sweet. If I wasn't already in two groups I'd offer to join myself.

>>2359308
Not all the time. Actually funny thing. The one time we were expected to be murder hobos well, so far we've been the most diplomatic beings in the universe considering 40k space pirates. Much more profitable.
>>
>inb4 another few 23:30 idiots get disqualified
>>
>>2359312
>>2359313
Ha, that's the setting I was talking about. It's fucking keks when you diplomacy and charm. Our DM is still in disbelief sometimes.

It's a very fun system overall though.
>>
>>2359315
ssh don't remind them
>>
>>2359305
I already drew a dick girl but I don't want to put that in my gallery. I've got something though.
>>
>>2359308
Fuck, it's so hard to find players that get immersed

>all these fa/tg/uys
LAS campaign anyone?
>>
>>2359320
i know that dick girls are really popular but what about vagina guys? i've never seen one
>>
File: waitingforit.gif (472KB, 226x309px) Image search: [Google]
waitingforit.gif
472KB, 226x309px
>>2359315
Wow, the best time to be here
>>
>>2359322
Fuck yeah we should do that, it'd be like Battle Royale worldwide

>Roll to see if you miss the deadline
>>
>>2359322
Too tempting. Are you guys ever free midweek?
>>
>>2359328
>in a few weeks I'll be free around the clock
So yes, yes I am
>>
>>2359328
I am
Fuck yeah lets do this
>>
>>2359330
>>2359331
Fuck yeah. You guys got a skype or something?
>>
>>2359332
santi.chasca
>>
>>2359332
I have used roll20 primarily. In my opinion it's the best online medium.
>>
>>2359323
>>>/d/6617616 It's not super popular but there you go.
>>
File: the edge.gif (4MB, 350x242px) Image search: [Google]
the edge.gif
4MB, 350x242px
>no token
>still a member of the 23:30 club
>>
>>2359342
>not joining the midday club
>>
File: good night friends.jpg (21KB, 424x362px) Image search: [Google]
good night friends.jpg
21KB, 424x362px
>tfw sick and finally submitted
I can go to fucking bed now, I'll see you guys tomorrow 5 minutes before deadline again
>>
>>2359333
tfw skike won't start. Might be a bit. I think I need to reinstall it.
>>
>>2359342
Why does someone feel the need to live life in such a extreme way?

>>2359351
Do we use roll20?
>>
>>2359351
>>2359352
roll20 has built in voice chat, kinda removes some clutter of having multiple applications running
>>
>>2359352
I think so. not sure how invites work with a link directly to the campaign though.
>>
>>2359354
>>2359353
i don't know how it works what do I do
>>
>>2359353
Alright. [spoiler]/341159/rat[/spoiler] Make a campaign and send me a pm of the link it gives you.
>>
I think the third one looks cool, Gaijin.
>>
>>2359358
tfw quoted wrong person. GM should make it.
>>
7 eliminated
12 tokens used
>>
Fuck you rover
>>
>>2359357
>>2359358
>>2359366
I guess a skype group chat or whatever is more prudent, so we can iron out specifics
>downloading skype now
>>
>>2359368
What did I do now?
>>
>>2359367
Jesus
It is going to be just a handful of autists battling #1 for decades, isn't it?
>>
Damn it I finished the drawing but couldn't get it uploaded and submitted in time. Oh well.
>>
>>2359368
brotherkun?
>>
>>2359372
Yes, and we are ready.
>>
>>2359368
What did I do??
>>
>>2359376
>>2359371
How many people are Rover?
>>
>>2359349
sweet dreams anon
>>
>>2359373
token or eliminated?
>>
Last Artist Standing #1
>183 artists joined
>60 have been eliminated.
>123 remain
>>
>>2359379
Inside, we're all really rover
>>
File: something wrong fellow citizen.png (2MB, 860x515px) Image search: [Google]
something wrong fellow citizen.png
2MB, 860x515px
>>2359378
All of us.
Wait, are you not Rover?
>>
File: 01qbWPt1r5c8sb.gif (491KB, 500x252px) Image search: [Google]
01qbWPt1r5c8sb.gif
491KB, 500x252px
>site I normally use is down for maintenance
>go to back up site and see it's also down
>mfw

fuck my life I found a rando website with 10 minutes to go and everything worked out
>>
>>2359374

No, it's me Rover.
>>
>>2359380
Token. In a way I'm glad because I kind of want to put something I spent more time on in there, so I'll have to draw two other things but at least I can take my time with them.
>>
File: delicious.gif (697KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
delicious.gif
697KB, 500x282px
>>2359384
wtf shitty 3rd world image hosts are you using. i can imagine the unease as the main site is down and then the panic when the backup is down
>>
>>2359387
no dont take your time. draw another submission right now, double post and join team forza. dont be a 23:30tard without a token
>>
>>2359389
better than the anon who had to run for wifi
>>
>>2359351
skype name? did you get it working?
>>
>>2359386
>>2359383
I'm Rover
>>
>>2359392
Well up until today I was ahead. I still was technically, I just didn't want to post lewd in it. I will work on some new sketches now though, but I need to eat first.
>>
ROVER!
LOOMIS!
PHOENIX!
TOGETHER; THEY ARE TEAM FORZA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyz_2DEah4o
>>
File: Rover.jpg (260KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Rover.jpg
260KB, 1024x768px
>>2359399
I love this
>>
>part of team forza
>still feel like i haven't drawn enough.

ill make it up in one of my future submissions by putting more than 2hours worth in.
>>
>>2359402
Rover?
>>
>>2359403
Loomis
>>
>>2359402
Feel the same... I have to draw more
>>
>>2359396

I'm Spartacus
>>
File: UC5vjRl.gif (493KB, 500x249px) Image search: [Google]
UC5vjRl.gif
493KB, 500x249px
>>2359399
i say im part of team forza even though i post at 04:00
>>
>>2359407
Nice to meet you
>>
>>2359403
Phoenix
>>
>>2359389
haha photobucket and yeah the panic was real.... I was not prepared
>>
>>2358787
I think it would be better if there was a separate section for followed artists. That way everyone gets a fair shake on the submissions page regardless of how shit they are.
>>
>>2359405
Your name is so original, I love it.
>>
>>2359412
>photobucket
What is this, the early 2000's?
>>
>>2359411
What went wrong?
>>
>>2359414
everyone shows up on the submissions page. the only difference with followed artists, that you follow, is so they show up at the top so you can keep an eye on your favorites and/or people you think are going places. they're only at the top because you put them there and it doesn't affect what other people see
>>
Guys, don't follow Rover.

Seriously, don't.
>>
>>2359395
It's installing atm.
>>
so how many more days until people stop posting art? Just imagining all the autism that site holds makes me queezy. I bet every post will be word art saying "rover"
>>
>>2359423
Sweeeet
>>
>>2359417
feels like it, but i'm not fond of the other websites people are using so i'm just going to deal with it
>>
>>2359416
Thank you
>>
>>2359427
>that nostalgia of posting oldschool runescape screencaps on photobucket to embed in your guild's forums
>>
I want the badges =[
>>
File: QAKFpPF.gif (967KB, 490x367px) Image search: [Google]
QAKFpPF.gif
967KB, 490x367px
>>2359424
>>
>>2359422
Now I want to follow Rover more.
Go Rover.
>>
>>2359424
Rover is art....
>>
>>2359437
>tfw even rover will have more followers than me.
>>
Why do people keep talking about Rover?
>>
>>2359447
Cause Loomis hasn't done anything stupid in a while so we are stretching pretty far to make LAS memes
>>
>>2359447
he's the leader of team forza
>>
>>2359454
>>2359447
Literally Forza himself.
Rover posted first.
>>
>>2359437

It worked!
>>
>>2359455
and he was the first ever submission
>>
File: emperor vilppu.png (189KB, 620x320px) Image search: [Google]
emperor vilppu.png
189KB, 620x320px
>>2359454
>>2359455

Just you wait and see Rover. I will return tomorrow and become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
>>
>>2359465
THIS
H
I
S
>>
haven't touched my guitar in 3 days, Las is cutting into my musical gains, On top of being in club forza.
>>
>>2359454
>>2359455
>>2359471
Club forza is the gayest shot ever. Can't wait until you cucks lose.
>>
>>2359471
Rover is a bassist, now.
>>
>>2359474
> team forza
> lose
pick one
>>
>>2359474
theres there possibility in the coming future that i might loose my token. im not sure tho.
>>
>>2359423
Working?
>>
>>2359485
Yeah. [spoiler]rat.sheehan[/spoiler]
>>
>>2359495
Did spoilers change or do they just not work anymore?
>>
>>2359499
only one certain boards, genius.
>>
>>2359499
/ic/ has never had spoilers, iirc.
>>
>>2359499
Had no idea.
>>
>>2359500
>>2359501
>>2359502
Ohh. Shit. Right. Haven't been here in a while, at least until some fag told me about LAS.
>>
>>2359504
you hail from /a/ dont you?
>>
>>2359508
No. /tg/.
>>
>>2359508

Yes
>>
>>2359514
Rover?
>>
>>2359518
rover pls
>>
File: tfw.jpg (79KB, 440x682px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
79KB, 440x682px
>tfw everyone but you is having freaky anthro sex
>>
>>2359518
hai desu
>>
>>2359520
i dunno kinda looks like her hips/glutes are goin downtown on her at first glance
>>
I have a sempai and I want to tell them but there's no link to their blog and reverse image search doesn't work on their stuff and posting usernames to these threads is too public of a circlejerk
>>
File: patchnotes.png (108KB, 1894x943px) Image search: [Google]
patchnotes.png
108KB, 1894x943px
something weird layout bug on the patch notes page?
>>
>>2359524
this thread is a huge circlejerk already, doubt anyone would care to be honest
>>
>>2359524
What if we could fill out some profile information fields on our user pages? Maybe like pixiv does it at the bottom of the page http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=395595 (random example)

Or is this going too far?
>>
>>2359533
oops, fixed
>>
>>2359543
Is it just me or does pivix look like a website that I would only post to if I was Gud...
>>
>>2359567
not at all, there's a bunch of awful jap and western artist on the site
>>
>>2359567
tons of hentai artists do pivix. its fun finding them all.
>>
>>2359567
it's no different from DA. go click on any tag and you'll see all the same garbage. even worse is that if you have an account and dont pay their premium $5/month or whatever then you cant sort by most popular, only newest or oldest. gg trying to find the goods outside the featured shit
>>
>>2359056
I know this... I know this feel.
Hit enter and "No" is the predefined marked option... well, shit.
>>
Holy fuck, how did this thread die so abruptly?
I'll fucking take the circlejerking, hero worship and memes over it being a fucking ghost town.
>>
i got distracted by pixiv then another thread on /ic/ about delusional artists and i think a bunch went off to play a ttrpg. rip thread
>>
bump limit hit and distractions
>>
>>2359813

Yeah, but these threads are remade at page 8-9 to avoid spamming /ic/ which is naturally slow.
>>
File: give in.jpg (114KB, 1280x790px) Image search: [Google]
give in.jpg
114KB, 1280x790px
Probably people lurking waiting for a new thread, since we're not supposed to make a new one till the current thread hits page 8 or 9.
>>
>>2359820
not saying we need a new thread yet, just that it's another reason why it's slow
>>
>>2359822
i was reading something from tehmeh and he said that you're wasting your time if you only ever study and draw from reference, that he wished he had started working from imagination years earlier. thoughts?

i originally planned to git gud then start drawing what i want but im finding more and more people saying that you need to be bad to get good
>>
>>2359834

Honestly, there's just so much information out there that I'm not sure.
I'm just going to keep doing my beginner studies until I get to a certain degree of comfort then branch into imagination. Problem with drawing from imagination is that I have no idea how to start (is it Fun with a Pencil?).
>>
>>2359836
you probably have an end game right? try it, whether it's drawing cute anime girls or painting spaceships or whatever. you'll fucking suck at it but as long as you're not retarded you'll learn something you're bad at and need to improve at

if you never fail then you won't know what to improve at
>>
File: wasted my entire life.jpg (131KB, 975x576px) Image search: [Google]
wasted my entire life.jpg
131KB, 975x576px
>>2359848

draw and write a fantasy webcomic, complete with rich lore, six fantasy races, a lush open world with pipe dreams of getting an "adult animation" block on some channel television or something or at the very least do a very competently executed independent animation series to go along with it

> middle of the road goal is draw a lot of fanart but fuck that i have studies to do

I fucking know how far I have to go. But I feel like, if I don't get my fundamentals right, I'm shooting myself in the foot before i begin. If I dive into making stuff without understanding the bare foundation of form and construction, I'm a toddler doing finger painting. It amounts to no learning.
>>
>>2359856
you're gonna burn yourself out if all you do is studies, draw shit you actually like on the side, you don't need to show it to anyone if you're preoccupied about the quality.
>>
>>2359859

Either it hasn't kicked in yet, or I have some sort of odd psychosis because I actually find that I'm enjoying my studies.
I'm measuring proportions of a cup (I suck at proportions) and I'm having an absolute blast. Although maybe I haven't hit the point where it gets really really agonizing.

See, I tend to avoid drawing the stuff I like because it makes me all the more aware of how far away I am from the goal and demoralizes me. If I study, it provides me with the comfort that I KNOW I'm taking the steps necessary to become a good artist. I have no emotional attachments to the studies, so they're free to be as shit as they want, so long as I absorbed the lessons I need.
>>
>>2358074
Hey, LavaFlake. I Double submitted today, because I didn't submit yesterday, but the website only registered one of the submissions. I just want to know if I'm still in the game and if it's just some kind of bug. My account name is "shitfingers" btw
>>
>>2359861
studies are comforting. people say theyre boring but it feels good to do them because theyre like these little goals you set for yourself that are easily achievable. it's hard to "fail" at a study and even when you do there's no real emotional attachment to it.

if you enjoy studies then go do some drawing from imagination. try you best to make something that's only you, that truly represents you as an artist and then feel like killing yourself when it's garbage

hopefully you feel that way because the fuck the guys who only what to draw from their imagination, only produce shit and say studies are boring. the people who are happy with where they are are the never-gonna-make-its
>>
>>2359882

> all lower case typing
> parental/counselor disposition

LavaFlake?
>>
>>2359878
did you get any error messages when you tried to submit? what's the second link you tried to submit?
>>
>>2359861
I'm kinda the same, only because drawing from reference is super easy. Basically when you draw from reference i'll know where I fucked up and can fix it. Drawing from imagination leads to me fucking everything up. Especially with heads and faces. Everything I can vaguely sorta say they come out right but heads and faces are had to draw from different angles. Yes I know I should reference but even with reference I still fuck up drawing a head from imagination. I won't have any idea where I went wrong which is why I don't do it too often.

Yeah…I won't make it will I?
>>
>>2359924

We'll all make it if we work hard enough.
I'm not giving up.
>>
>>2359924
If you give up then yes, you're not going to make it.
>>
>>2359887
Rover
>>
File: waddafak.jpg (20KB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
waddafak.jpg
20KB, 300x188px
Loafers, your submissions 5 and 11 are the same. Wtf
>>
>>2359933
T R I B U N A L
R
I
B
U
N
A
L
>>
>>2359933
>>2359935
you're right, he had to double post because he missed a day and he posted a new one and an old one to i guess get around it. the submissions have been removed and he'll need to resubmit before the deadline
>>
File: laughing duck.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
laughing duck.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>2359933
>>2359939

I guess Loafers really does live up to his name doesn't he.

Hyuck hyuck hyuck.
>>
>>2359935
>>2359939
Photographic memory ftw
>>
>>2359939
Loafers is going to be elliminated if he doesn't notice kek
>>
>>2359944
I emailed him as well so hopefully he checks the thread/the site/his email before 00:00 or it'll be the shittiest rip
>>
>>2359239
But you forgot to paste the fat guysiting.jpeg I used.
>>
File: why0.jpg (14KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
why0.jpg
14KB, 500x490px
>>2359949
YOU SHOULD HAVE LET HIM DIE
>>
File: _20160121_080007.jpg (30KB, 369x343px) Image search: [Google]
_20160121_080007.jpg
30KB, 369x343px
>>2359955
Can't think of anything similar t b h
>>
File: not-like-this.gif (731KB, 280x160px) Image search: [Google]
not-like-this.gif
731KB, 280x160px
>>2359956
>>
File: 1319980401783.jpg (275KB, 1366x853px) Image search: [Google]
1319980401783.jpg
275KB, 1366x853px
Hey, LavaFlake? This is going to sound faggy as shit but I'm slightly drunk so here goes anyway.

I really want to thank you for putting this shit up. There was so much I wanted to achieve as far as art goes, but I haven't practiced consistently ever since three years ago. Always just drew a thing or two and gave up for another month. It wasn't that I disliked drawing; it was just breaking through the barrier of constantly judging my own work unproductively that stopped me every time. I had intended to start up again, but with this as an impetus, I rediscovered how much I enjoy this shit. I've gone from drawing for twenty minutes every other month to consistently practicing two or three hours every day (and I want to bump that time up even more). More than that, I feel weird, unsatisfied and even a little itchy if I DON'T draw. I've never had that before. I've never felt the NEED to draw.

Maybe it'll end in a year. Maybe it'll end by next month. Maybe I'll achieve everything I dreamed about. Wherever I do end up, I want to sincerely thank you for it.

I'm heading off to bed. Going to remove this large cock from my mouth beforehand, sorry for being such a faggot.
>>
>>2359962
That could make a great troll waking up from a nap ref.
>>
I was over in the porn thread and after spending so much time in the LAS threads I forgot how fucking shitty this place can be. Now I know why people come in and call this place a tugfest. Everyone's so nice. All we get here are people wishing each other dead
>>
>>2359972

I think what I like about this thread is that it's just shared motivation (sometimes in the form of joke assassinations and humorous goading of each other to miss the deadline). It's less about the work itself (until we get crits up), and more about adhering to productivity. Nobody here is claiming to be an expert but advice is given. It's hard to get cocky here, because followers are hidden and all compliments are from beginners/intermediates hungry to follow in others' footsteps. And it's not a circlejerk (yet, please don't let it sink that far), because we'll still call people out on shit.

These threads have been simultaneously the most fun and productive. There's no pissing contest, because it's about consistent work not quality/followers. There's no serious arguments because our egos aren't on the line. All that's here is a mutual drive to keep on improving ourselves.

God I hope this lasts.
>>
File: _20160121_083606.jpg (49KB, 540x528px) Image search: [Google]
_20160121_083606.jpg
49KB, 540x528px
>>2359972
>>2359979
Just wait a few months, let people realize that dead artists can't submit.
>>
File: 1439230065842.jpg (45KB, 598x369px) Image search: [Google]
1439230065842.jpg
45KB, 598x369px
>turnip only lasted 4 days
>>
>>2359912
http://imgur.com/7KbTolx I didn't get an error message here's the link I tried to submit.
>>
>>2360010
There we go, I cleared it up so now you can resubmit both links. There was a dumb bug where it was possible for it to flag your account improperly if the double submissions failed in a particular way. I tested for it back when I first implemented this but it's sneaky and didn't report properly. You should be good to go to resubmit them, sorry about that
>>
>>2360001
He was weak.
>>
>>2360001
>>2360028
i wish he lasted his posts were inspiring. the other is 7 because he's the first person to sign up for the site when registration opened up
>>
File: bbO2wJAh.jpg (142KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
bbO2wJAh.jpg
142KB, 1024x768px
>>2360001
Lel I knew he would burn out after a few days. You gotta pace yourself fellas.
>>
>>2360049
I love this
>>
>>2360049
I hope he comes back. Great name great work ethic (until he failed and quit)
>>
>>2360028
Probably posted for likes, realized he can't put in as much work every day or ran out of anatomy books to copy.
>>
http://www.amazon.com/Mighty-Bright-Fold-n-Stow-Book-Holder/dp/B000GFEZAK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1328401040&sr=8-2

Holy shit I did not know these things existed, this could make studying from books so much easier
>>
File: 51+SEtBHWsL.jpg (52KB, 496x500px) Image search: [Google]
51+SEtBHWsL.jpg
52KB, 496x500px
>>2360074
>>
>>2360061
>>2360063
>>2360059
>>2360049
Slow and steady wins the race. In a few years we'll see true pros emerging, even after being elliminated once or twice. Artists with real grit and will to improve will get up after they fall.
>>
>>2360088
a lot of people shit on the challenge and say that there will only be 30 people left after a couple months. i wouldn't be surprised if there are only 30 left in the original challenge but I hope the eliminated don't give up.

i mean, sure, it would be great if they joined a new challenge and kept going but since there have been so many stories about how the challenges motivate them when they usually struggle without it. it'd suck if they get eliminated then leave both the site and, most importantly, art behind.

i'm going to add to the to-do list that the challenges page should show a breakdown of challenge participants. people who were eliminated and came back, people joining for the first time, people who are in previous challenges and the eliminated. maybe people will be more inclined to rejoin if they see that being eliminated isn't the end of the world and that others didn't give up
>>
>>2360116
It's like that japanese fish dude always said, "NEVER GIVE UP"
>>
The auto-imposed rule of not making new threads for this is retarded. It'll take days for this thread to fall off the last page, during which people have to hunt for it in the catalog. And what's bumping it down is bait like "tumblr art style", "tablet thread", art feels and tumblr whoring.
>>
>>2360141
Why do you care? The catalog exist too
>>
>>2360150
It annoys me that this is by far the most interesting thing on /ic/ in ages, but i have to wade through the sea of usual shit to get to it.
>>
>>2360154
looks like /ic/'s been busier than usual we're already on page 5
>>
>>2360154
If you don't want to filter garbage, use the thread watcher.
>>
>>2360154
>what is ctrl f

There were 3 of these threads in the catalog when they were being made as soon as the bump limit was hit. I don't think waiting is that big of a deal, especially when the thread is full of mostly shitposting.
>>
>>2360157
>>2360158
Or the trucking search bar.
>>
>>2360158
we actually had 5 up at one point and there would've been 6 but we were told to slow down
>>
LAS makes up 15% of posts on /ic/ and the last thread had as many replies as the entire front page
>>
>>2360157
Fair enough
>>
File: 1452405355353.jpg (34KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1452405355353.jpg
34KB, 640x480px
>>2360120
>>
File: 3b4.png (16KB, 500x314px) Image search: [Google]
3b4.png
16KB, 500x314px
i found cheap sketchbooks online with free shipping so i ordered a bunch. they're coming from china and i chose the cheapest shipping. 2 weeks before christmas. 6 week estimated delivery time
>>
>>2360193
When I first started, I just bought newsprint for studies. 5-8$ for a stupid fug huge roll about 4-5 ft in height and 2 feet in width. Had to cut it myself but I could draw as big and shitty as I like.
>>
File: ehhh Mia.jpg (23KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
ehhh Mia.jpg
23KB, 680x383px
>>2360193
better order a bunch of other tools you'll never use
don't forget to always sit in starbucks with your macbook writing on your million dollar novel
>>
>>2360218
are you even allowed in a starbucks if your EDC art supplies cost less than $3
>>
In a few hundred years, our ancestors will remember LAS as an ancient tradition that carried out through the ages.

>Camera fades to black
>Scene of a guide explaining an old looking piece of art depicting sonic the hedgehog jerking off to a medium sized group of tourists
>"These ancient artists asked each other the existential question "Rover?" in their forums, where they discussed about the nature of art and the duality of man."
>"They also unknowingly predicted the invention of the cyberpunk helmet, as we can see in this ancient diagram."
>"They practiced the long lost art of "shitposting" , a state of mind in which it is possible to achieve the absolute happiness, what they called "Kek"".
>" I'll let you free for 10 minutes so you can appreciate this collection of old erotic art featuring strange dog-like creatures with big eyes and even bigger phallic members."
>>
>>2360221
you gotta have ripped jeans for $500
a pair of gloves that only cover your hands but not your fingers for $200
a pair of two differently colors vans shoes for $300
a pair of glasses from the 14th century

basically you gotta look really fucking homeless with really expensive electrical devices that scream "daddy pays for my shit but I hate the consumer driven world and the government but I am also so insecure and devoid of any personality that I try to express myself with the goods I consume"
>>
>>2360222
kek
>>
>>2360224
fuck im too poor to look poor. its ok though since it costs like 0 dollars to loomis
>>
>>2360227
only if you're a thief
>>
>>2360232
>he doesn't kill other LAS participants for art materials
>>
>>2360227
eh, if you went by the copyright laws that were in place when the books were published then they'd already be in the public domain
>>
>finish charcoal
>teacher grabs it and smudges it
RRREEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>2360242
charcoal looks like it's a bitch to work with. the finished works are so delicate
>>
Don't give up.
>>
So what is this thread exactly for?
>>
>>2360289
panicing
>>
>>2360289
Memes
>>
>>2360246
Charcoal's actually pretty forgiving up until you work the surface too much. I've made very clean charcoal drawings, but the strength of the medium is how much much you can draw, erase, and redraw to give depth, in my opinion.
The only drawback is the powder and mess it makes, personally.

>tfw haven't done any charcoal in two years because of lack of space
>>
>>2360213
Where do you buy newsprint? Online? A printing shop? I never know where to get fucking art supplies.
>>
>>2360311
I think proko's stuff is good example on how to charcoal
>>
>>2360289
shitposting circlejerking troubleshooting discouraging and encouraging
>>
>>2360328
/ic/ in a nutshell
>>
File: english-modern-expressions.jpg (92KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
english-modern-expressions.jpg
92KB, 500x333px
>>2360330
yeah but we got a website
>>
File: giphy.gif (408KB, 500x228px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
408KB, 500x228px
>mfw i have a no erase rule but i make something so bad i have to erase it
>>
>>2360311
I'd say the main downside is the horrible texture/vibration and sound as you draw with it.
Sets my teeth on edge just thinking about it. Nope.
>>
>>2360313
I bought mine locally, but you can probably find it online. would be a little more expensive but still a good bang for your buck.

Should be easy to find though.
>>
>>2360361
I got rid of that feel by enduring it. Just breathe in and out and embrace the sound and feel. It's like scraping your nails on a blackboard. I used to hate that but now I feel nothing
>>
>>2360361

There are artists who draw decomposing carcasses who don't even notice the absolutely repulsive smell and the parasites due to their absolute dedication to their study.

Don't let a little squeaky charcoal kill your drive, man.
>>
File: fjk3lwke.gif (493KB, 326x227px) Image search: [Google]
fjk3lwke.gif
493KB, 326x227px
>>2360413
one time i used a nude male reference and the guy had an uncut dick so i know what you mean
>>
>>2360420
I know this is bait but cut dicks are significantly more repulsive to look at
>>
File: NOECI0s.gif (2MB, 280x182px) Image search: [Google]
NOECI0s.gif
2MB, 280x182px
@sasori
>>
i never realized how fun it is to draw bara.
>>
>>2360422
Shoo euroscum
>>
>>2360519
Bait harder, I barely noticed.
>>
File: 1446059406063.png (304KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
1446059406063.png
304KB, 396x396px
>>2359471
>Las is cutting into my musical gains
Same, also
>tfw can't join /forza/ as it'd be 2am here
>>
>>2360533

I don't understand this forza meme.
>>
>>2360022
Thanks a ton, man!
>>
>>2360540
they suck.
>>
>>2360549
someone's /jelly/
>>
File: HURR DURR.jpg (49KB, 392x373px) Image search: [Google]
HURR DURR.jpg
49KB, 392x373px
saucy, nigger, you gotta lay off that Sonic OC obsession, it'll fuck with your brain, more than it already seem to have done
>>
>>2360560
His thought-meat is beyond repair, leave him alone
>>
>>2360420
>>2360422

I get that this is bait but wouldn't an uncut dick be less noticeable? When they're cut you can see the different shape of the head and it's a different colour and everything. Uncut dicks are probably easier to draw plus it's just another flesh coloured form.
>>
>>2360519
I'm American

>>2360580
Yeah, uncut doesn't look mutilated and sad
>>
>>2360022
>>2360546
Dammit, I won't be home until after 5pm today, which is when it restarts. I don't know what to do, I submitted both last night.
>>
File: stella my love.jpg (72KB, 358x257px) Image search: [Google]
stella my love.jpg
72KB, 358x257px
i wanna know what this is!
>>
File: that_s_a_real_feel.jpg (71KB, 450x800px) Image search: [Google]
that_s_a_real_feel.jpg
71KB, 450x800px
>>2360598
Stella is mine, get away from her you fucking normie
>>
>>2360600
>>2360598
Stella is mine you fugwads
>>
>>2360598
its clitdog
>>
File: patrick_bateman.jpg (38KB, 529x350px) Image search: [Google]
patrick_bateman.jpg
38KB, 529x350px
>>2360607
no, fuck you, give me your address I'm going to go there and clarify things to you
>>
Lava can you add a <hr> or something between your followed users and everyone else to seperate them. It's confusing trying to find where the newest ones begin on the submission page.
>>
And maybe a link for the current thread on /ic/ so people don't get bitchy about having to use the catalog.
>>
>>2360728
yeah, or give them a special own background color or something
>>
File: 1447874269994.jpg (72KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
1447874269994.jpg
72KB, 1136x640px
>mfw laptop power supply quits
>won't be able to get a replacement before today's deadline
>forgot to set a password on account
>>
>>2360540
master race that posts at the very begining of a new day.

Basically those that play it safe and will eventually win the competition, unlike that reckless 23:30 club.
>>
>>2360735
rip
>>
>>2360735
rip in peace.
>>
File: rip.png (103KB, 283x244px) Image search: [Google]
rip.png
103KB, 283x244px
>>2360735
rip anon
>>
File: 1435471725955.png (538KB, 1386x576px) Image search: [Google]
1435471725955.png
538KB, 1386x576px
>>2360735
>tfw you have 3 devices readily available to post from and have already posted from
>tfw you can use your wireless Internet or phone's 4G to post
>tfw nothing short of Armageddon can prevent you from posting
The only weak link is myself and my lack of willpower
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (2MB, 1984x3216px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
2MB, 1984x3216px
Saucy why
>>
>>2360756
Not fair anon...its still sore
>>
>get home
>stick on tv show
>draw until midnight GMT
>post whatever I have open
This is great, I'm having fun drawing again and feel super productive clearing out my tv backlog at the same time. I'm gonna need some new series soon, if only I could multi-task things with subtitles.
>>
>>2360753

Holy fuck, are those drawings yours?
They're lovely.
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-22+at+05.34.57).png (57KB, 490x438px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-22+at+05.34.57).png
57KB, 490x438px
Did you think we wouldn't catch this eventually, Lava?
>>
>>2360869

jesus you're slow
consider fast lessons
>>
File: dankmimis.png (14KB, 425x374px) Image search: [Google]
dankmimis.png
14KB, 425x374px
>>2360869
>>2360871
>>
File: inspect meme.jpg (96KB, 603x342px) Image search: [Google]
inspect meme.jpg
96KB, 603x342px
>>2360877
>>2360869
>>
>all those potatoe pictures
>>
>>2360898
>potatoe

Nay thee, sir.
>>
where the fuck are these new artists popping from?
>>
>>2360906
I see the same people
>>
oh my god i'm learning things this is so exciting
>>
File: 1453246638376.png (226KB, 540x501px) Image search: [Google]
1453246638376.png
226KB, 540x501px
Found the pedo
>>
>>2360910
oh you're right, i guess it's because i'm checking submissions at different times i miss most of them.
>>
>90 posters
>461 posts
>>
File: 1446530569799.gif (1000KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1446530569799.gif
1000KB, 500x281px
>w's submision
>>
File: 1435473518359.png (619KB, 1600x605px) Image search: [Google]
1435473518359.png
619KB, 1600x605px
>>2360852
I wish. I love moth people
>>
>>2360922
i should try experimenting with lolis
>>
>>2360921

1 poster = 5,12 posts doesn't sound so bad.
>>
>>2360930
Do it, the world needs more lolis
>>
>>2360949
>>2360930
>>2360922
Guys I feel in the obligation to tell you that we, as a community, are crossing a line that might be irreversible.
>>
>>2360953
it's ok
>>
File: 1450245751016.jpg (66KB, 364x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450245751016.jpg
66KB, 364x720px
>>2360953
>>2360949
Inklings here i come!
>>
File: 1378879632093.png (79KB, 382x374px) Image search: [Google]
1378879632093.png
79KB, 382x374px
>>2360922
All these views
I should draw lolis more often
>>
File: 1431043689037.png (7KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1431043689037.png
7KB, 400x400px
>>2360922
>>2360953
Yes.
Yes.
More.
>>
File: guys.jpg (62KB, 571x612px) Image search: [Google]
guys.jpg
62KB, 571x612px
>>2360968
>>2360965
>>2360958
>>2360957
Guys. Please.
>>
>>2360965
nah, take that one down and never draw some shit like that again.
>>
>everyone will be too busy to jack off to draw and stay in the competition
nothing of value lost as they say
>>
>>2360980
already completed my daily, waiting to be part of team Forza
>>
>>2360930
Put that dick back in yo pants. You ain't done learnin' yet.
>>
>>2360980
ITS A TRAP
no but I wish it was. pls draw effeminate boys
>>
>>2360978
o-ok
>>
>>2360965
>mfw when not even 10 views
>>
>>2360992
How do you know how many views?
>>
>>2360995
imgur tells you.
>>
>>2360998
>tfw views steadily decreased from over 100 to less than 10 over the week
>>
>>2361006
>>2360992

If you're doing this for views, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>2361006
>>2360992
If you post the "direct link" image url rather than just "link", it won't tell you how many views and also people that click that link aren't taken to a page that also shows your ingur username etc, they're just taken to the image.
Be kind to yourself, use the direct link and skip all that ego bullshit. If anyone had anything important to say about your work they would say it in these threads.
>>
>>2361010
I'm not but views would still be nice.
>>
>>2361011
I post the direct link but I can still see the views from my profile.
>>
>>2361014
Working on my photocopier abilities. Can't really draw shit without ref
>>
>>2361018
Well I'll be fucking damned, you're right.
I wish I didn't know that, I'll probably have to swap upload service now because I'll start to get obsessed.
>>
>>2361029
Sorry anon, pretend you didn't read it.
>>
>>2361011
That's usually what i do anon, but this time i posted more than one picture so i cant post direct link and now i can't stop myself from checking the fucking views
>>
>>2361014
impressive
>>
where my 23:30 niggers at
>>
>>2361014
The length of his left forearm kek, atleast he fixed that.
>>
>>2361011
You can always remove the file extension and the "i." before "imgur" to get to the page with all that information.
>>
File: 1448405534497.jpg (31KB, 325x346px) Image search: [Google]
1448405534497.jpg
31KB, 325x346px
>>2361029
>ive been checking my views since day one.
>>
File: 1439885014356.png (145KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1439885014356.png
145KB, 500x281px
>>2360739
>>2360740
>>2360745
>making the deadline but with shitty photos
>>
>>2360540
00:00
four zeros
team forza
plus they go fast
>>
20 minutes left
>>
>>2360735
Are you able to prove that you own the account? Email LavaFlake if you can [email protected]
>>
File: 8786667.jpg (23KB, 570x422px) Image search: [Google]
8786667.jpg
23KB, 570x422px
>missed yesterday
>just submitted today's crap with 15 min left
>mfw the cycle continues
>>
>>2361073
draw more and post again join team racecar
>>
Alright, either no one's tagging their nsfw or the warning thumbnail isn't working.
>>
File: 1445570613572.jpg (34KB, 359x498px) Image search: [Google]
1445570613572.jpg
34KB, 359x498px
>already uploaded to imgur, ready to post as soon as the time switches

Feels good.
>>
>>2361079
the thumbnail isn't working
>>
>>2361080
Rover?
>>
>>2361082
Nope youre right it's not working I'll take a look at it once the site rolls over. I'll add a divider between followed artists and the rest as well
>>
time's up
>>
7 eliminated
6 tokens used

I think the first time more people were eliminated than tokens used. Maybe we're running low on casuals to weed out? We'll need more data
>>
Team Forza
>>
well shit, the front page doesn't show nsfw and the previous page is nothing but nsfw

>>2361095
rover captain of team forza
>>
>>2360965
>>2360930
I got your backs, time to remember why I'm here
>>
Brotherkun is my favorite right now
Definitely not the best but damn he is really working for it
>>
>>2361099
Brotherkun don't shitpost
>>
no last minute subs today, did the 23:30 club get off their asses or did they all get eliminated?
>>
>>2361105
they where the 7 that died.
>>
>>2361097
ROVER
O
V
E
R
>>
>>2361107
fug
>>
>>2361105
I'm part of the 23:30 club because it's a convenient time for me to post and then work a bit on next days submision 2bh, i'm in for the long long haul,
>>
>>2361105
i want to know if anyone has posted at 23:59:59. if rover is the captain of team forza then we need to find the leader of the 23:30 club
>>
I'm getting some kind of weird glitch or something on the submissions pages. The current submissions show up fine, but when I press previous day, everything shows up as NSFW thumbnails.
>>
>>2361113
if you were in for the long haul you'd be on team forza
>>
>>2361103

Fuck you, I'm Rover.
>>
>>2361121
Rover?
>>
File: bd4.jpg (108KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
bd4.jpg
108KB, 666x666px
>>2361115
I still have my token I guess I can afford one shot at it
>>
>>2361119
I mean I could post my stuff earlier yeah
>>
>>2361121
No, you are not.
>Proof
Yhere did you copy your 1st day pic?
>>2361123
I'm Rover.
>>
>>2361124
Rover?
>>
>>2361126
>people are now fighting over who gets to be rover
>>
>>2361127

¿ɹǝʌoɹ
>>
File: 1452651148680.jpg (100KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1452651148680.jpg
100KB, 500x500px
>>2361128

Everyone wants the title of SANIC
>>
>>2361128
We are all Rover.
>>
>>2361128
Will the real Rover please stand up?
>>
>>2361137
Here
>>
>>2361128
Inb4 there's a Rover badge implemented
>>
>>2361137
Right here boss.
>>
>>2361143
I love your work
>>
>>2361145
Thanks I work really hard to be first every day
>>
How do i get people to feed my ego?
>>
>>2361155
Samefagging is your only option.
>>
>>2361155
Stop being shit and only post good art.
>>
>>2361155
post a lot, post first, post porn
>>
>>2361158
>>2361159
>>2361161

Post lots of shitty porn and samefag constantly, thanks champ. Ill see how that works out for me.
>>
>>2361166
Hey, it worked for Kyle.
>>
Yesterday:
Last Artist Standing #1
>60 have been eliminated.
>123 remain

Today:
>63 have been eliminated.
>120 remain
>>
>>2361176
fewest yet
>>
>>2361176
I hope to stay motivated to wait to be one of the last 10 on week 1
>>
oh man i can't wait to see the top 10
>>
>>2361181
The site will go down before we ever get to see the winner.
>>
it seems that Loomis's ramblings have gotten even more incoherent
his horrible penmanship doesn't help
>>
>>2361195
We're watching his descent into madness in real time. Soon his entries will be scanned drawings fingerpainted with his own feces.
>>
>>2361216

Wait, so if I take an excruciatingly long and painful 30 minute dump onto a canvas, does that count as an entry?
>>
>>2361217
Only if you arrange the pieces into the letters LOOMIS.
>>
>>2361222

> Challenge: Write Loomis on a canvas with your feces.
> This challenge is mandatory. Failure to comply will result in elimination from Last Artist Standing.
>>
File: in brugez.gif (2MB, 415x212px) Image search: [Google]
in brugez.gif
2MB, 415x212px
>>2361217
>shitposts become all the rage
>mfw there's a corn challenge
>>
File: Rainy Bike Path.jpg (633KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Rainy Bike Path.jpg
633KB, 1680x1050px
>>2361225
>>2361226

> On the next episode of LAS...

> "I can't believe I was eliminated! I'm the fucking site admin!"
> LavaFlake tosses the competitors under the bus.
> "If I lose... everyone must lose."
> "[CHALLENGE: ALL COMPETITORS MUST DRAW A PICTURE WITH THEIR OWN SHIT...]"
> Loomis joins the fray.
> "The only way I can win... is if I kill them before they kill me."
> And Anon313 finds himself cornered.
> "Who are you? What do you want from me? ...Why are you all dressed the same?"
> "I'm Rover." "I'm Rover." "I'm Rover"
> "We're all Rover."
> Don't miss the next episode of LAS at 00:00 GMT.
>>
>>2361228
Holy shit, this is flawless.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (584KB, 740x740px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
584KB, 740x740px
>tfw food poisoning
Thanks /ic/. There's no way I'd be drawing right now if it weren't for this damn challenge.
>>
>>2361252
here i am watching house reruns and you're drawing while shitting from both ends. i need to reevaluate my life
>>
finn with the bait and switch
>>
Who tried to poison >>2361252 ?
>>
>>2361271
I think we should discuss this grave matter over the tea I have prepared for you all.
>>
>>2361294

Hey guys! Smells like almonds in here.
Fun fact, did you know that Cyanide smells like bitter almonds?
I'd love to stay and have tea, but I have to go polish my knife collection. See you around, anons!
>>
>>2361252
ricin, test for ricin
>>
File: tumblr_mlf5bszQir1qzlc1ro1_400.gif (620KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mlf5bszQir1qzlc1ro1_400.gif
620KB, 400x225px
>>2361327
>>
File: pinkman.gif (946KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
pinkman.gif
946KB, 245x245px
>>2361327
>>2361252
>>
k there's now a divider between followed artists submissions and the rest and you can toggle whether or not you want to move followed artists to the top

being able to follow artists directly on the submissions page is next on the list along with being able to open submissions with middle click. I'll try to have it ready for tomorrow
>>
>>2361345
I want comments
>>
>>2361349
No.
Nobody is leaving comments on your art.
>>
>>2361351
But that's exactly what I want
>>
>>2361353
Then get the shit off this anonymous image board and go to tumblr or dA, or at least post in the fucking drawthread or some shit where people actually do that. Damn.
>>
File: no exit.gif (410KB, 221x196px) Image search: [Google]
no exit.gif
410KB, 221x196px
gonna lay this blogshit no one's gonna care because the threads dead anyway

> need certain electives to graduate uni this semester
> i couldn't give half a fuck about classes any more, I have a steady job lined up, just give me my B/C and let me graduate, I wanna work on my art, fitness and other personal projects
> choose one that was industry-relevant, interesting to me and looked kind of fun
> whoops turns out its an experimental class that's only been around for a semester, hard as the dickens and project based as well
> first class is literally them repeatedly saying how hard the class is, project-based as well
> "this class is going to be a lot of work. when a project is assigned two weeks from a deadline, you're going to need it. if you start one week before, you're probably not going to finish"
> desperately trying to find a class to substitute it with
> all of them are full or clash with other courses already in my schedule

god please kill me i just wanted to git gud and practice four hours a day
>>
>>2361356
Why does the site have the options for them then?
>>
>>2361360
Just get your school shit together if you're so close anon. You'll have time to git gud in a few months with hopefully no academic regrets.
>>
>>2361366

I can't do that.
I've always told myself that I've been meaning to get better at art, get better at it, get better get better but this time I actually started doing this. Consistently. Which has never happened before.
This means something to me. I can't just let it go. I need to start now, and hit the ground running, while I still have the vitality and drive to change myself.
>>
>>2361367
you are exaggerating a bit, you are super young, finish school, git gud later.
>>
File: Untitled.png (12KB, 499x382px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
12KB, 499x382px
>>2361360
>>2361367
you can do it anon. dont stress over the class until you see what they actually want you to do. maybe the teacher is a softie and their idea of a hard class won't be that bad

>>2361361
>lowest priority
>literally says maybe? at the end
>>
>>2361360
If there's a member of staff you can talk to about this, talk to them immediately.
Tell them that when you applied for the course it wasn't clear how demanding it is, and that you know that it's going to impact on your other classes and mental health (I don't care how embarrassed you are to say it, because it will) and you know for a fact that your grades will be lower than predicted if you can't attend instead *list several courses you think you can manage*.
Even if you know those courses are full, tell this to every single faculty member you can speak you, and don't let them say 'See how it goes'. Tell them you want to move course ASAP before it "impacts further on your studies".
Somewhere there should be a faculty member that will be willing to pull some strings and squeeze you into a course in order to keep the grades higher.

Worst case scenario, you tried your best. It doesn't matter how low you stoop to beg, you aren't going to see those staff when you graduate.
>>
>>2361372
Or git gud now and finish school later
>>
>>2361361
>>2361373
I'm pretty sure it was in the other thread that we had the discussion of the site turning into dA/tumblr if we got comments.

I voted that we should have the option of putting our works up for critique but if you didn't, no one could write anything about it.
If people made an actual effort to write real critiques and not dick-sucking/unhelpful "need loomis", on top of the low-effort voting, a lot of people would make real gains.
>>
>>2361372
>>2361373
>>2361376

I think I may have found a substitute class that may be helpful at the job I'm in while not being an absolute bitch.
And yeah, I was downright ready to grovel and beg a bit. My advisor is actually quite a laid back person but the administration that are a rung above him have absolutely no patience for anything outside the rules.

I keep getting told that I'm still super young but for me, if I can't watch cartoons and draw stupid pictures of them without being chided by the average person, that's not exactly young to me, or at least not the kind of young that I have a fondness for (and I confess to that being one of many motives why I want to do this).

I've seen people in high school do great things with art because they had been doing it all their life. And I had similar ambitions and other non-art related dreams as a kid that kept getting pushed away by my own laziness and only now has it really dawned on me how much time I've wasted. I couldn't make the things I wanted to within that realm of highly social, ambitious, optimistic and impressionable stage of youth, from which I could transition into making something inherently meaningful in adulthood.
That's why it's so important for me to start now. I can't let any more time slip by. I don't want to regret anything anymore. I know this is melodramatic, naive and stupid as fuck, but this is how I've always felt.

but fuck this sob story
its about gitting the gud
>>
>>2361389
He has risen. The one true god of LAS.
>>
sai just fuckin froze on me while I was saving what the fuck
ugh, time to do this shit again
>>
>>2361400
does it not autosave like photoshop?
>>
>>2361405
nope
>>
>>2361405
it has autosave settings and temp files for continuing a save, but mine was an entirely new file and searching Google says I'm shit out of luck.
fuckit, I'm going to work on mspaint or something.
>>
Hery Lava, I just started work on a really big peace
I take it I can't post my progress each day? I can only post it once?
>>
>>2361443
Yep they're allowed
>>
>>2361443
You're allowed to post wips/progress updates but they have to look like you spent at least 30 mins on them
>>
>>2361373
Could we maybe have comments only be visible to the OP? So if someone has something to say you'll know and people wont mindlessly shit post for attention?
>>
>>2361452
>all these people baiting with fake thumbnails
>I click to see shit art
>>
>>2361447
>>2361445
Sweet mother of God that's the best thing I've heard all week
I'm really sorry for the abomination that I'm working on, it will be hated, but I only have so long to do and it's a busy time so using it for LAS too is really good for me
>>
>>2361006
probably because of the thumbnails
>>
>>2361386
I second this, but the critiques should only be visible to the guy who asks for them kinda like a direct message.
>>
Wow how did I miss Louise's posts
>>
>>2361228
kek
>>
I remember seeing Rover's 1st post when he started to post.
Will the real rover plz stand up?
Yall niggas need steam punk helms.
>>
>>2361642
cyberpunk helmets with organic shapes are better
>>
>>2361642
give yourself a bullet suppository
>>
K0256991 your b&w is miles better than your color stuff why is that
>>
new thread >>2361694
Thread posts: 601
Thread images: 102

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.