[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets not beat around the bush, this man is obnoxious as hell

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (95KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
95KB, 1280x720px
Lets not beat around the bush, this man is obnoxious as hell

But his course worth it?
>>
>>2348165
>Lets not beat around the bush, this man is obnoxious as hell

Fuck off.
>>
File: 1415691463035.jpg (38KB, 462x531px) Image search: [Google]
1415691463035.jpg
38KB, 462x531px
No. Who wants to hear an instructor with nearly 30 years of experience ramble on about his process while he draws for 3 hours? So not worth it. Art instructors should be dead silent and not say anything. What makes a good art instructor is that he draws or paints better than other people, I don't want to hear him sit here and try and "explain" how or why that might be-as if that's relevant at all.
>>
>>2348171
That's what bugged me about Lipking's portrait video. The dude just stays almost dead silent while painting his wife and sparsely chimes in with some very obvious commentary on what he's doing like "just blending the edges on the neck."
It's still cool to be able to see him paint, but goddamn banter a little, dude.
>>
>>2348219
Yeah I don't know why anyone would consider Watts to be obnoxious, by talking as much as he does he's literally just doing his job. He does, very sparingly, go off about his personal life or about a personal experience but it's usually mercifully brief and at least tangentially related to what he's explaining.
>>
>>2348235
Exactly, the dude at least keeps you invested while you watch him work. The one thing I can see people thinking is annoying, maybe, would be how he repeats himself, but that's what he's trying to grind into ya - repetitious training.

Anyway, OP, yeah, I'd say it's worth it. You watch a video lesson, you draw the assignment, then you get a pass or a fail with a concise critique on what you did well/what you did wrong (depends on what level of subscription you've got, too, I guess). Give it a shot.
>>
>>2348171

this. also why the fuck show us how he draws entirely? it's stupid narcissistic show-offing.

there's millions of other, better teachers out there. the fuck would i look up jeff wot... wat? what? watts... for? dude isn't even old enough to know shit.
>>
>>2348165
>But his course worth it?

I thought the one month I paid for the online access was worth it.

But if you can't drop $100 a month, New Master Academy is even better because they have multiple instructors, including Vilppu and Huston.
>>
>>2348347
You need to get up on that nigga Rey Bustos. That guy is the shit.
>>
>>2348165
You can find the how-to and understanding of what he's doing elsewhere for little to nothing.
>>
>>2348165
i would kill to get a chance to be with him, how high is the entry barrier to get accepted into an atelier?
>>
>>2348465
You just show up.
>>
>>2348507
no way.. i cant believe that, they dont have a test or portfolio thing? i'm so afraid to go there
>>
>>2348516
Nah, just buy the class, show up and do the work. They teach people of any skill level. Real nice folk to boot.
>>
Wow this thread got off to a negative start

Watts is super arrogant, he believes everything that comes out of his mouth is the gospel truth.
Although of course of lot of what he says probably is, it's not the attitude to have
His course is definitely worth it but I'd recommend you go in there with atleast 5 years of experience just so you're able to fully soak up what he's saying and making the most of it
>>
File: astounded negro.gif (2MB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
astounded negro.gif
2MB, 288x288px
>>2348747
>Watts is super arrogant, he believes everything that comes out of his mouth is the gospel truth.

What gives you that impression? That he doesn't double back on everything he says? I've listened to the guy talk a lot and I don't feel that way. Is it the tone of his voice or something?
>>
everything he'll teach is available everywhere if you actually want to learn, the only thing he might help you with is discipline and drawing more
>>
>>2348747
Have you ever actually heard him speak? He has the utmost respect for other artists and methods and never bad mouths anyone. He advocates learning a bit of each method.
>>
PROKO
R
O
K
O
>>
>>2348171
thanks king fedora
>>
>>2348165
hes not tho.
whats the point of this thread.
he is among one of the best that really does not NEED to be teaching in order to survive, yet he does it anyway because he believes in a strong artistic community within any given society with traditional handed down processes.

if you believe him to be obnoxious it is you who are obnoxious for not understanding his position within the art world.
>>
Waste of money. Jeff's marketing team pays top dollar to keep negative reviews about his school from ever reaching the surface of google so don't believe the hype. He tells his students to write bogus reviews on yelp in exchange for a free class day all ironically written on the same day.
>>
File: butthurt-faggot.jpg (62KB, 331x402px) Image search: [Google]
butthurt-faggot.jpg
62KB, 331x402px
>>2348870
>>
>>2348874
Hey Jeffrey, my negative review about the Watts Atelier by Jeff Watts Online School review 4chan google Totally not saying a bunch of keywords so my post doesn't catch Google's SEO is it worth it is watts atelier worth it.

Does what Im doing piss you off, Jeff? I know you know Exactly what I'm doing and it angers you so much.

WATTS ATELIER ONLINE SCHOOL REVIEW WORTH IT

WATTS ATELIER HONEST REVIEW

WATTS ATELIER VS. CONCEPTART.ORG

yaaah how you like that Jeff? Am I steaming your grills yet?

Google search yelp
>>
File: 1424626273231.jpg (117KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1424626273231.jpg
117KB, 500x500px
Watts get the fuck outta here
>>
File: toggaf-truhttub.jpg (56KB, 331x402px) Image search: [Google]
toggaf-truhttub.jpg
56KB, 331x402px
>>2348881
>>2349495
>>
File: 1452611419654.jpg (15KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
1452611419654.jpg
15KB, 500x330px
>>2349500
You mad, Jeffylube? I'm gonna make sure this thread is top on the search results after it's purged just like what I did to Noah.

Watts Atelier Of The Arts LLC
4chan
drawing basics
Watts Atelier students
review
drawing at the watts atelier
ratemyprofessors
private business
class
>>
>>2349510
Now this is autism.
>>
>>2348747
Dude you're right. This guy's the most douchebaggy person I've ever seen. I saw Jeff at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person and how I admire his art, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was kinda taken aback, so all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Toblerones in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
>>2349595
I liked more the Vilppu version of this copypasta to be honest.
>>
>>2349619
Yeah I remember that one. Shame I didn't save it
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.