[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How about a thread showing great examples of animated movies?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

File: 11181512_ori.jpg (83KB, 800x1157px) Image search: [Google]
11181512_ori.jpg
83KB, 800x1157px
How about a thread showing great examples of animated movies? It can be 3d if you'd like but I think that defeats the purpose.
I'll start: I freaking love pic related.
It's adorable and its got a whole different feel to it that's not unlike Disney, except it isn't. The music is great too, and I love how very rooted it is in its culture's folklore. It's movies like this that make me wish that 3d animation wasn't dominating everything right now.
>>
>>2346399
does that have an artbook? the style looks sexy af
>>
>>2346402
It does actually. Do a quick google search and you'll find artbooks of it that were released the year after this was made.

Here is one with art from the movie:
http://stuartngbooks.com/song-of-the-sea-artbook.html

And here is one with a bunch of concept art:
http://shop.cartoonsaloon.ie/product/song-of-the-sea-artbook-preorder
>>
>>2346399
Eh, you can find some good 2D gems if you know where to look.

Ernest & Celestine
Redline
Akira
Tamako Market
Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Wolf children
The girl who leapt through time
Castle in the sky
5 centimeter per second

The Illusionist "On my to watch list"
GodHunter "If it ever get's made" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttqPZ3GZ9Mg
>>
>>2346404
damn! time to go beg in the artbook thread only to realise it hasnt been scanned
>>
This should won the oscars. The art is breath taking.
>>
>The Triplets of Belleville
>>
>>2346411

I've only watched/heard of a few of those.
Akira is a fucking classic and there's been dozens of homeages to that motorcycle scene.

Redline was fantastic. It still amazes me how ALL of that was hand drawn and took a few years to make.

Castle in the Sky is another absolute gem. I recommend this to a lot of people.

I've been meaning to watch Wolf Children!
I haven't heard much of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time but I should get on that.

All the others I haven't heard of but I'll definitely look 'em up!

>>2346432
Holy fuck I remember this! Barely... Man this is old but all I remember is the singing the girls did in the beginning and how it felt like all those old Betty Boop (and others) cartoons I used to watch. The part that got me was when the three singers sang that one last song with that other old lady by that bonfire in the alley while it was raining or something. It struck me as haunting but quickly turned into something comfy as fuck. I need to rewatch this.
>>
>>2346426
If you get it, link that here please!
>>
>>2346411
you sound like a faggot
>>
>>2346399
>>2346432

No judgement. But both movies used 3D for several scenes.
Just so you know.
>>
>>2346477
You're right, many visual effects are achieved through digital imagery. But I probably won't care if the whole thing was done digitally. If it can mimic traditional animation well, like Paperman for example, then I'm all for it.
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 379x229px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 379x229px
Angels Egg's mood and A E S T H E T I C is god tier
>>
>>2346411
The illusionist made me want to kill myself.
>>
>>2346399
Just watched this movie last night. Twas gorgeous and it made me feel the feels.
>>
File: 403103-kells_pic_1.jpg (549KB, 1022x575px) Image search: [Google]
403103-kells_pic_1.jpg
549KB, 1022x575px
The secret of Kells

I love how you see the watercolors and analogue techniques they used for backgrounds and assets
>>
Treasure planet was beautiful to me
>>
Every frame is hand drawn
took 8 years to make

film is charming as fuu
>>
File: 098-99.jpg (842KB, 5090x3510px) Image search: [Google]
098-99.jpg
842KB, 5090x3510px
>>2348336
Seconding Ghibli in general here.

Great comfort movies, and everything from color usage to story is done pretty well.
Good selection too.
>>
>>2346428
The art is one thing, but the story and the story telling is another. Song of the Sea was fairly weak in that regard, IMO. I don't think Big Hero 6 should have won either, but still.
>>
File: tumblr_nryevhAhWL1t6sqdno1_500.gif (1MB, 442x235px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nryevhAhWL1t6sqdno1_500.gif
1MB, 442x235px
>>2348336
Menowarawa should get a spinoff..
>>
Song of the Sea was a sad, cute, amazing, breathtaking, refreshing --- should I continue?

Nocturna was good. You can find it on Amazon.
>>
Saw Song of the Sea a year or so ago, loved it.
>>
>>2348095
Did you know Secret of the Kells is by the same director and studio as Song of the Sea?
>>
Garden of Words is gorgeous
>>
>>2349102
I've heard a lot of good things about the art in that movie.
>>
>>2348336
this movie deserves more awards, fuck
>>
File: redline_607_1680.jpg (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
redline_607_1680.jpg
1MB, 1680x1050px
>>2346399
I heard it took 6 or 7 years to finish, all hand drawn
>>
>>2349236
Redline is sick af to be honest family man
>>
File: illusionist3.jpg (327KB, 1434x775px) Image search: [Google]
illusionist3.jpg
327KB, 1434x775px
https://vimeo.com/12397782
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.