[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you like drawing the most? Men or women?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: _iA0WjVvm40.jpg (108KB, 563x604px) Image search: [Google]
_iA0WjVvm40.jpg
108KB, 563x604px
What do you like drawing the most? Men or women?
>>
>>2311730
Men for sure. I feel like there's more opportunity to add definition and detail, and a little easier to make unique faces.
>>
>>2311730
women, because muh dick
>>
I believe gender does not exist, therefore I like to draw genderless blobs of hair and skin
>>
>>2311750

Gender is a societal concept for sure. But there is no denying a biological difference between two sexes.

I personally enjoy drawing women for flowing and curvy drawings, while men for statuesque and defined drawings.
>>
>>2311730

Drawing women is fun, but drawing men is much more interesting.
>>
>>2311735
idiot
>>
I like drawing men more because I'm sexually attracted to them
>>
>>2311772
How is he an idiot for stating his personal preference? I agree with him. In men there is typically more room for play since you have more small forms and interlocking forms that you can emphasize or downplay, and typically there is more room in portraits to use a chunky or planar approach or have more creases and other interesting things.
>>
>>2311775
"i've never seen a woman in my life"
>>
>>2311781
It's been well documented that artists like to draw males over females. They just have more character.
>>
>>2311784
documented by yahoo news?
>>
>>2311781
It's not that. I've drawn plenty of both men and women and enjoy drawing both. But OP is asking which I prefer, and I choose men. For me at least it provides more opportunity for artistic interpretation. If you look at women throughout art history their depiction is often very much the same in each image of a time period or by a single artist. There seems to be a narrow amount of deviation you can make to things before it start to look unpleasant or manly. Oftentimes you get nearly a "formula" where the artist will paint the same woman over and over--look at Elvgren or Waterhouse for an example of this.

>>2311784
I think that depends largely on the individual. Lots of people prefer drawing women.
>>
File: hachiko_by_kr0npr1nz-d7im8ql.jpg (721KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
hachiko_by_kr0npr1nz-d7im8ql.jpg
721KB, 900x900px
>>2311793
>For me at least it provides more opportunity for artistic interpretation. If you look at women throughout art history their depiction is often very much the same in each image of a time period or by a single artist.

"Mommy I want to be like everybody else!!! I don't want to draw real people! I will only follow canonical archetypes my entire life because I have no personality! What do I want to express with my art? I don't fucking know I have no character and nothing around me has character!"
>>
>>2311759
>Gender is a societal concept for sure.
But it is not.

The brain of men and women are wired differently, got different amounts of hormones and there is even a difference in the amount of cells. The results from that is not a social construct, transfag.
>>
>>2311795
Please stop posting that polished turd.
>>
>>2311798
I'm posting it as an example of an artist who thinks the way you do. "If you look at women throughout art history their depiction is often very much the same in each image of a time period or by a single artist.", blah blah. This is the way you think and the way kronpr1nz thinks. Neither of you have an imagination.
>>
>>2311799
Stop it.
>>
>>2311801
:3
>>
File: koi_nobori_by_kr0npr1nz-d8mwlfg.jpg (593KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
koi_nobori_by_kr0npr1nz-d8mwlfg.jpg
593KB, 900x900px
>>2311735
>>2311761
>>2311775
>>2311793
This is what the inside of your mind looks like
Also fantasy monsters and dragonz and orcs
You are incapable of going beyond that
You do not know life
>>
>>2311759
Yeah, that retard attention whore-level logic only works on Tumblr and at US colleges. Get the fuck out.
>>
File: Uvkzx0Q.jpg (239KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Uvkzx0Q.jpg
239KB, 1920x1080px
>>2311735
>>2311735
>>2311761
>>2311775
>>2311793
This is as deep as you can go
Enjoy having a boring life
Are you depressed? Insecure?
>>
>>2311814
sameface.
>>
>>2311815
samepost.
>>
File: umad.jpg (139KB, 692x787px) Image search: [Google]
umad.jpg
139KB, 692x787px
>>2311805
>>2311814
>>
>>2311819
Nah I'm just bored my guy! Waiting for the food to be ready and stuff... U?
>>
Why is it that lately it feels like almost every thread is a setup for a troll? I'm 100% certain that had most of the replies been in favor of drawing women, there would have been a slew of 'kissless permavirgin!' 'never touched a bewb' and other such projections so the thread would've ended the same way it is now. Why can't there ever be an actual discussion here.
>>
>>2312036

you can go circle jerk on reddit, my good sir
>>
>>2311805
>>2311814
>posting this
>calling others insecure
>>
>>2312036
there are children that like to post here sometimes. discussion can happen if you don't feed them replies.
>>2311730
Men.
>>
I dont have a preference. Both are equally difficult to draw well and arent worth ranting about instead of drawing
>>
>>2311730
women with feminine dicks
>>
I prefer drawing women, it's easier for me to see and capture the gesture. But when I get it right, I love drawing fat muscled fuckers. dem beefy bears nnf
>>
>>2311796
>>2311806
>>>/tumblr/
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.