[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Argerm

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: 0sLfmLb.png (361KB, 639x356px) Image search: [Google]
0sLfmLb.png
361KB, 639x356px
What do you guys think about Artgerm? I like him very much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWlSuqGppj8
>>
>>2302087
Why do you keep making 'what do you think about X' threads?
>>
>>2302087
better than 99.98% of /ic/
>>
>>2302101
If u don't want to see a thread u can press "-" next to the attached file.
>>
>>2302087
>sameface
>>
that fking glasses, he's a character himself kek
>>
>>2302101
We come to this board to gossip. It's why this board exist. If we wanted to get better we would stop coming here and actually paint.
>>
>>2302102
I like how this is always the standard response to anyone criticizing an above average artist, like it somehow negates all the criticism from this place.
>>
>>2302183
>above average
>b
>o
>v
>e

>a
>v
>e
>r
>a
>g
>e
>>
>>2302183
It's just a meme reply at this point. That should be pretty obvious ever since they started using decimal points on it.
>>
>>2302087

He sounds like an idiot when he tries to speak english, but I like his art.
>>
>>2302193
how about you speak ching chong and see how you'll drop your spaghetti, you racist nigger :^)
>>
>>2302183
but it does negate it
>>
File: 65ujpMq.png (212KB, 355x231px) Image search: [Google]
65ujpMq.png
212KB, 355x231px
>>2302087
hes a qt
>>
>>2302087
He's just one of many identical small-dicked chinks who all draw the same overly polished tacky turds over and over.
He's exactly like that one chink broad with the million dollar patreon. Cant even tell their art apart.
>>
>>2302087
His artwork is sooo boring.
>>
>>2302285
Yeah, he's literally the male version of Sakimichan.
>>
>>2302287
I don't get why he is regarded so highly,i literally felt that his art is more dead than sakimi
>>
>>2302285
You sound angry, because you can't draw pretty girls and he can.
>>
>>2302101
The only other "What do you think about X" thread I see is this one >>2301809 and I made that one
>>
Just two words.
FAN ART
>>
>>2302270
your opinion just got negated.
>>
The mans a business minded guy.
Knows what he is doing.
He used to really inspire me, didnt hold my attention for more than a couple months. His art is all so similar.
>>
>>2302421
Chinks especially are 10% love of the craft and 90% business oriented.
That's why their stuff is largely soulless and forgetable even though they have great skills.
It feels bland and processed.
Feng Zhu is a prime example of this.
Great skills but so devoid of originality that it all turns into one bland slime.
>>
>>2302325
hello, newfag
>>
>>2302285

>who all draw the same overly polished tacky turds over and over.

that's a valid criticism. but really though, how many things are there to draw? when you get down to it, there's only a few:

1: pretty girls
2: cliche fantasy shit (dragons, knights, wizards)
3: cliche science-fiction shit (bullshit tech, mechs, hot girls with bionics)
4: cliche horror shit (zombies, grotesque Lovecraft creatures, zombies, more zombies)
5: meticulously painted still lifes (flowers, sober renderings of old people with every wrinkle depicted, landscapes)
6: cars

That pretty much covers 98% of what any artist will paint during their career. Sure, you can try to innovate, but your stuff will most likely be not as original as you think, and also totally unmarketable.
>>
>>2302470
Within each of those categories there are a million ways to handle it though to create new images. Just compare portraits from Sargent, Freud, Wyeth, Picasso, Van Gogh, Bouguereau, and Rembrandt. It's the same subject matter in each, but they're all entirely different.

It's when an artist uses the exact same solutions and approach to every single image that it becomes a problem.
>>
>>2302474
>it becomes a problem.

it's never a problem. you might not personally find it appealing, but if an artist is happy and successful sticking to their personal style, that's great for them. any artist who can find a niche like that and make a career in it is fortunate.
>>
>>2302529
The problem is one of stagnation and having a body of work that doesn't hold up because you are a one-trick pony.
>>
File: 6.jpg (191KB, 467x720px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
191KB, 467x720px
>>2302087
I love his work. Sometimes I wonder if I should try to learn a rendering style something like him and Adam Hughes. For now I'm going another route but maybe some day.
>>
>>2302470
>but really though, how many things are there to draw? when you get down to it, there's only a few:
Cmon nigga. There's millions of things to draw.
>>
>>2302087

Pretty but boring pictures. No story or cool environments. Just some posing girls in costumes.
>>
>>2302087
I like his work for what it is. People who complain about it being boring are just faggots with ADHD.
>>
>>2302710
>cannot deal with conflicting opinions in a normal manner

Sounds like you are the one with ADHD.
>>
Really nice guy. Met him at Comic Con this summer. I wanted to buy a poster from him that cost $10 but I only had a $5 on me. He said that was fine, and insisted he would take the 5 instead of a 10.

Really nice guy.
>>
He has good technique, but most of his stuff is boring as hell.
>>
hes cool but the fact that he says '''mmmhm..'' after ever sentence is fucking hilarious
>>
>>2302087
>Start with "yo what do you guys think of this guy?"
>people give opinions
>either overly positive dickriding with no replies
>or
>something seen as negative with
>lol you're just jelly keep being salty >:)))))
These threads are pointless
>>
Im having a hard time following what he says because of that goddamn accent.

He clearly can draw from real life and make varied faces of his own.
>>
>>2305064
Is he a nice guy?
>>
>>2305064
I was there too; actually I was right behind you in the line when this happened. I was frantically swapping a $10 for a $5 from my wallet after hearing everything.

He let me buy the poster for $5 in the end. Very nice fella.
>>
Artgerm seems to like the iPad Pro + Pencil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzCZJI1dpIY
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.