[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /ic/ don't you think modern art is about to die?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

Hi /ic/ don't you think modern art is about to die?
>>
>>2296944
art never dies, only changes
>>
>>2296955
But War, War never changes.
>>
File: yNDonE2eieQ.jpg (63KB, 604x550px) Image search: [Google]
yNDonE2eieQ.jpg
63KB, 604x550px
>>2297154
NO
>>
>>2296944
That's actually pretty good, for modern art of course
>>
>>2296944
Modern art is already over. So is post-modern art. So yes? We call artworks made right now contemporary art, for lack of a better label, which may or may not be the term that sticks decades in the future. It is very different from Modern art, but still has some of the spirit of post-modernism. The sculpture you chose exemplifies none of these, however, as it is highly crafted and narrative. It appears to be humorous and irreverent though. I'm going to assume that the question you're trying to ask this board full of artists is: do we think current artworks that we don't like are going to stop being made?

I'm going to venture a no. Artists will probably always make works that some other artists and members of the public do not like.
>>
>>2296944
modern art ended about 45 years ago. pick up a book numbnuts
>>
>>2296944
>That shoe on the floor

I like this. Same guy who made that sculpture with the wolves or dogs running into a glass wall right?
>>
>>2298254
What do you think the future generations will call this period then? Surely not contemporary.
>>
>>2296944
It's a decent sculpture, but I would consider it commercial art.
>>
>>2299174
Likely something referencing the digital era, the embracing of new media, and the push away from traditional studio practice.
>>
File: elefins.jpg (515KB, 1500x1013px) Image search: [Google]
elefins.jpg
515KB, 1500x1013px
>>2296944
Hi /ic/ don't you think medieval art is about to die?
>>
>>2299388
digital era is the only one of those things particular to the current era, the rest are nothing new. and digital is too specific to define an era that is still largely made up of traditional work.
>>
>>2296944
sure hope so
>>
File: rothschildchron_butttrumpet.png (192KB, 412x179px) Image search: [Google]
rothschildchron_butttrumpet.png
192KB, 412x179px
>>2299398

medieval art will never die.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.